2015 NEDERLAND BULLDOGS

MAYFIELD

Should be an asterisk... isn't it ironic that our two beat offensive weapons were seriously injured while at the bottom of the pile... but that's another story. .

And you still had to squeeze out a victory on a 4th and goal play...

We were a 35 point underdog from what I remember reading from some posters on this board, on the road, with a severely hobbled QB. Squeezing out a win is probably better than blowing a double digit halftime lead and getting shut out in 2nd half...

We were a 35 point underdog from what I remember reading from some posters on this board, on the road, with a severely hobbled QB. Squeezing out a win is probably better than blowing a double digit halftime lead and getting shut out in 2nd half...

Ppl were predicting blowouts? 

Man soulja, sounds like the excuses are coming in late on this one. Fact is you thought we had no chance of beating yall. It is getting clearer that it stung a lil. The one you will never get back. Makes me wonder if yall ever gonna beat us. BUT that's ok. Whatever makes you sleep at night. And I bet you have had a dream or two about the last play. The dream I have about it is prolly a lil better than yours. It's ok to make excuses.

Man soulja, sounds like the excuses are coming in late on this one. Fact is you thought we had no chance of beating yall. It is getting clearer that it stung a lil. The one you will never get back. Makes me wonder if yall ever gonna beat us. BUT that's ok. Whatever makes you sleep at night. And I bet you have had a dream or two about the last play. The dream I have about it is prolly a lil better than yours. It's ok to make excuses.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Not hurt at all or making excuses... Because at the end of the day, we took a share of the title.

I'm disappointed that my workday has seemed like it has lasted forever. Tomorrow can we please have a few more posts than we did today? I'll start the conversation for tomorrow. Welp, It's PNG's year right, to end suffering at the hands of Nederland or will they lay another egg at the Reservation? Don't reply pngfan or indiantimberwolfforever til tomorrow please.

JV any good?

Nederland's JV probably has a sub .500 record during the district championship run, not a good indicator. Freshman success has been a good indicator as it is for most teams. My guess is the Ned JV record was not too good as is normally the case. Nederland freshman class sounds like they will have some kids contribute next year.

Jv had about 10 juniors on the the team. Most of the starters were sophomores. If you gauge Nederland's varsity based on on the jv success you be misled. I think our defense will be better. Offense will depend on who they choose at Qb and what offense we run. We have 3 returning lineman, Krautz at rb, and all the recievers will have a lot of experience, Johnson, Perkins, and mayfield (unless mayfield is Qb). Have to replace sage and Barton.

What the heck!!! No Ozen Panthers with ALL the experience & firepower coming back??
I know we weren't supposed to get in this yr, but no Love for next yr either? Just Cold Bros.

I know, you're sure right Bigcam, but I guess it's better to take respect like last year. Lol

I have the district in no particular order:

Nederland
Central
Vidor
PNG

I do agree Proud Dawg district goes thru Nederland but imma add Central in there as well.

People don't realize the mess BISD made with the coaching staff at Ozen. Firing Nelson when he was finally establishing order in his program, hiring Magee who really couldn't coach, then Atkins and firing him in a weeks time leaving Suggs to come in as HC in April of 2014, not knowing his coaching staff or players and their abilities. Panthers made the playoffs under a short period of learning a new offense and defense in his 1st season. They have talent across the board and will be bigger, stronger, faster and better prepared for the 2015 season as Suggs will have had them for a full year. I guess those Panthers will just have to make believers out of all of you! See ya in football season!

Replacing Sage Seay as a football player and a leader on the field will proove to be a huge task. That kid exuded confidence and made a lot of kids on that team better because they believed in him.

Yep, but we have had some big time leaders and players in the past and Neumann's system has found ways to replace them.  Next man up! :)

Defensive Line has some major holes to fill, not sure who fills this huge void, but will be the biggest issue to address.

Jv had about 10 juniors on the the team. Most of the starters were sophomores. If you gauge Nederland's varsity based on on the jv success you be misled. I think our defense will be better. Offense will depend on who they choose at Qb and what offense we run. We have 3 returning lineman, Krautz at rb, and all the recievers will have a lot of experience, Johnson, Perkins, and mayfield (unless mayfield is Qb). Have to replace sage and Barton.