how strong was your jv program this year

skipper

Ozen's Jv only won two games but 5 Sophomores played varsity and each of them started several games. They also missed having two very good players for most of the season. Their best running back who will team with Calvin Tyler on the Varsity next year only played the last two games of the season and averaged over 200 yds both games. He's very fast and weighs 175 lbs already. They should have a very good varsity team in 2015 & 2016.

just asking

You tell me Skip. Our best jv players played varsity at some point this year. But I gather that's like most schools that have injured players. Just move up the next man an continue on. Jv wins or losses don't always determine a varsity teams future. Some are just more blessed than others from what they have to choose from. Jmo

WOS should be strong like always, but will be young! There sophomore class hasn't lose a game since 7th Grade. These r the kids that played for The Orange Longhorns 2010 & lost the game before going to Nationals & yes J. Dallas was on that team. So don't be surprise if there back in Jerry World Next year. The Championship Game lose left a bad taste in there mouth.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think JV records are a good indicator of potential varsity strength. I know our studs hardly ever play JV in the first place, not to mention the kids that will probably contribute the most were probably already backups on JV the year prior. Crosby graduated 28 seniors off this last team, probably on like 7 starters, but they'll most likely be replaced with their backup from last year or sophomores coming up from the freshman squad.

LilTex, Dayton definitely has some size and speed coming through the ranks. That tackle that's going to be a freshman next year could be one of the best in the state if he keeps improving. I think every one of our teams beat Dayton from 7th grade to varsity this year but from what I've seen on the younger levels there will be some classic battles in the near future.

I don't think JV records are a good indicator of potential varsity strength. I know our studs hardly ever play JV in the first place, not to mention the kids that will probably contribute the most were probably already backups on JV the year prior. Crosby graduated 28 seniors off this last team, probably on like 7 starters, but they'll most likely be replaced with their backup from last year or sophomores coming up from the freshman squad.

LilTex, Dayton definitely has some size and speed coming through the ranks. That tackle that's going to be a freshman next year could be one of the best in the state if he keeps improving. I think every one of our teams beat Dayton from 7th grade to varsity this year but from what I've seen on the younger levels there will be some classic battles in the near future.

dayton freshman won. JV and Varsity were both lost by 7 pts or less.

dayton freshman won. JV and Varsity were both lost by 7 pts or less.

Ok, thanks for correcting me. I wasn't positive about the freshman game but I'm sure they would have won had their all-American played with his class. I watched our 8th graders thump the Ponies and our 7th was undefeated with 1 tie I believe. Either way there's some serious battles about to take place in the upcoming years.

Ok, thanks for correcting me. I wasn't positive about the freshman game but I'm sure they would have won had their all-American played with his class. I watched our 8th graders thump the Ponies and our 7th was undefeated with 1 tie I believe. Either way there's some serious battles about to take place in the upcoming years.

I'm sure we have some good games ahead. This weekend I will be checking out Dayton's power lifting meet. Have some big strong athletic kids I can't wait to see how they fair against other schools.

I'm sure we have some good games ahead. This weekend I will be checking out Dayton's power lifting meet. Have some big strong athletic kids I can't wait to see how they fair against other schools.

Where do they lift at this weekend? Crosby has a couple of kids that might add to our state titles so I was going to check them out also. I think our slot receiver squatted 660 and one of the d-linemen was over 700 with a 400+ pound bench press. I think powerlifting and track are great offseason supplements for football.

I think Nederland freshman beat both Dayton and Crosby... you can't be letting that trash from across the river do that to your freshman teams.

The difference is Dayton can actually beat Crosby on Friday nights too, Nederland can't. Ned needs those wins in the younger levels, otherwise they couldn't be like BH every year and talk about what they have coming through the program that can actually beat one of the teams off 90. Don't worry though, my little cub will be a freshman next and I'm sure they'll put it on Nederland for you.

Where do they lift at this weekend? Crosby has a couple of kids that might add to our state titles so I was going to check them out also. I think our slot receiver squatted 660 and one of the d-linemen was over 700 with a 400+ pound bench press. I think powerlifting and track are great offseason supplements for football.

it will be at dayton gym. Should be fun for the kids. You should come check it out if Crosby has some kids competing. The 181lb class is the one of particular interest to me but I hope all the kids do great. We have a junior dlineman that will put up similar numbers to your dlineman not sure if he is on that level yet but very well could be. As for the slot receiver I'm not sure what he weighs but that's impressive. I do know we have some very strong sophmores and juniors. Shaq is a very strong kid in the 181 class.