Too many state champs!

Just too many state champs. In a society where its not PC to have losers, it seems like everyone going has to go home with some metal. Would be nice for the twelve teams to square off for a real state champ and not share 8.25% of a title.

do u mean 1a play a 6a for a "real championship" and end up with only 1 trophy presentation

Just too many state champs. In a society where its not PC to have losers, it seems like everyone going has to go home with some metal. Would be nice for the twelve teams to square off for a real state champ and not share 8.25% of a title.

Yes because everyone in the nation wants to see a throckmorton-Allen/cy ranch game.

Then again throckmorton did win in their last 6man/crowded field game. So maybe.

I get what he's saying and I definitely agree. One more week would be no big deal, and it would eliminate the 'aww we woulda beat the crap outta them..' talk that goes on by the div 1 and 2 champs. And besides, this big school/small school thing was started by the UIL cause more games means more money coming in right? So hey....make it happen.  :)

I get what he's saying and I definitely agree. One more week would be no big deal, and it would eliminate the 'aww we woulda beat the crap outta them..' talk that goes on by the div 1 and 2 champs. And besides, this big school/small school thing was started by the UIL cause more games means more money coming in right? So hey....make it happen. :)

I'm all in. Been wanting a Navasota vs Gilmer game all year.

Buddy, I apologize for the confusing posts. I want to stimulate discussion regarding the need for big/small divisions for each of the A classifications. Next they'll want to do big/medium/small 4A etc... Enough with the dilution! I understand that larger schools would have more talent to choose from but that being said, there are many 3 and 4A schools that could whoop up on larger ones. It could be arranged in any format or number of schools. Just have fewer winners.

Buddy, I apologize for the confusing posts. I want to stimulate discussion regarding the need for big/small divisions for each of the A classifications. Next they'll want to do big/medium/small 4A etc... Enough with the dilution! I understand that larger schools would have more talent to choose from but that being said, there are many 3 and 4A schools that could whoop up on larger ones. It could be arranged in any format or number of schools. Just have fewer winners.

I see now. A plus1 like in college.