*STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD*/Post updates here

Garrity:

Better than Ken Hall, Cedric Benson, Johnathan Gray, and even Johnny Manziel (Not a 3 peat but look at his stats)?

I think he is up there but it is hard to ever say that one player is the best of all time in Texas. He is good yes. Great yes, but there have been many that are up there with him.

43-0 3 titles. 

Kyler Murray is much better than Johnny Manziel was coming out of high school. Johnny was NOWHERE near the passer that Murray is. Athletically it's pretty even. But Murray has the potential to be much better than Johnny. A Russell Wilson-type player.
Ad for best HS player of all time? He's definitely up there with Benson, Gilbert, Gray, etc. It's hard to out a finger on the "best" because there have been so many great ones.

43-0 3 titles.

Hall was undefeated and I think Benson as well. Gray had some talent around him but only one or two recieved scholarships. Hall only played 12 games a year and defense. Manziel had nothing but him and still almost singlehandily beat Lake Travis, and I don't know bout Benson. Yes Murray's has been at the highest level but how many players from Allen's teams have gotten FBS scholarships the past three years?

Murray is spectacular and up there but there have been a lot of great players in Texas History so it is hard to say anyone is the best. Those were just names I know about then there are the Eric Dickerson, Sammy Baugh, Tyler Etheridge (1 state semi loss in 4 years), and so on.

Kyler Murray is much better than Johnny Manziel was coming out of high school. Johnny was NOWHERE near the passer that Murray is. Athletically it's pretty even. But Murray has the potential to be much better than Johnny. A Russell Wilson-type player.
Ad for best HS player of all time? He's definitely up there with Benson, Gilbert, Gray, etc. It's hard to out a finger on the "best" because there have been so many great ones.

Wasn't going by skill but production. Manziels numbers and leadership were out of the world especially considering the rest of his team.

Skillwise it is murray could tell just by how he ran.

Hall was undefeated and I think Benson as well. Gray had some talent around him but only one or two recieved scholarships. Hall only played 12 games a year and defense. Manziel had nothing but him and still almost singlehandily beat Lake Travis, and I don't know bout Benson. Yes Murray's has been at the highest level but how many players from Allen's teams have gotten FBS scholarships the past three years?

Murray is spectacular and up there but there have been a lot of great players in Texas History so it is hard to say anyone is the best. Those were just names I know about then there are the Eric Dickerson, Sammy Baugh, Tyler Etheridge (1 state semi loss in 4 years), and so on.

Benson was not undefeated. I hear ya. 

Wasn't going by skill but production. Manziels numbers and leadership were out of the world especially considering the rest of his team.

Skillwise it is murray could tell just by how he ran.

Kyler has better stats than Johnny by a good bit. His team did play 8 more games over Kyler's 3 years, but Kyler didn't start until the 6th game of his sophomore season. Allen hasn't lost since.

Johnny- 7,626 yards passing- 76 Td's 4,045 yards rushing- 77 Td's = 11,671 total yards & 153 Td's

Kyler- 10,366 yards passing- 118 Td's 4,285 yards rushing- 67 Td's = 14,651 total yards & 184 Td's

Kyler has better stats than Johnny by a good bit. His team did play 8 more games over Kyler's 3 years, but Kyler didn't start until the 6th game of his sophomore season. Allen hasn't lost since.

Johnny- 7,626 yards passing- 76 Td's 4,045 yards rushing- 77 Td's = 11,671 total yards & 153 Td's

Kyler- 10,366 yards passing- 118 Td's 4,285 yards rushing- 67 Td's = 14,651 total yards & 184 Td's

You're right I was going by his senior and thinking it was that way for the two and a half season Manziel started.

Come on guys the best ever. Allen has the best coaching and facilities not to mention a ton of talent. VY played at Madison with a crappy facility no coaching and is the best high school qb I have ever seen. Now if you want to talk about best high school players I have seen the number gets much higher even locally. Think about AP Erick Dickerson and the list goes on. Kyler is a great player on a great team. Congrats Allen on a great year and I'm sure they will be tough again next year.

Come on guys the best ever. Allen has the best coaching and facilities not to mention a ton of talent. VY played at Madison with a crappy facility no coaching and is the best high school qb I have ever seen. Now if you want to talk about best high school players I have seen the number gets much higher even locally. Think about AP Erick Dickerson and the list goes on. Kyler is a great player on a great team. Congrats Allen on a great year and I'm sure they will be tough again next year.

how many state championships in a row did VY win ? Just curious

he played at Madison. Do you really think that's a fair comparison?

ok go find vince's 3 year numbers and compare them to murrary's because we cant compare vy's wins and losses to Murray because well its not fair cause he went too madison (dont know what that means ) and Murray is at allen he went 40-0 (if im not mistaken) i will be willing to bet vince numbers is not even close to Murray's. CROWN HIM !!!