*STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD*/Post updates here

Im sorry 43-0

ok look up Gilbert's numbers and compare them. His numbers were much better than VY but I'm sure you don't think he was a better high school football player. Were you play makes a huge difference in your wins and losses. I have seen them both and we have a difference of opinion. I say you put VY on Allen he goes for 3 titles and put Murray on Madison he wins a playoff game maybe.

ok look up Gilbert's numbers and compare them. His numbers were much better than VY but I'm sure you don't think he was a better high school football player. Were you play makes a huge difference in your wins and losses. I have seen them both and we have a difference of opinion. I say you put VY on Allen he goes for 3 titles and put Murray on Madison he wins a playoff game maybe.

Exactly. Never will be another VY.
Winner at every level but had a bad relationship with Fish and never got help or recovered. Retired with a great record as starting QB in the NFL. Tebow'd !!!

Vy 6'5 210 in high school ,in most places that is a lineman in some schools . Km is 5'10 165 -170 with a ability to read defenses and not panic . I bet km football iq at age 17 or 18 compared to vy at that same age and i bet it isnt even close . Now put km in a 6'5 210 frame and he is the best qb prospect coming out this year ever !! . Vy was spoiled in texas just like a lot of those pre maddonas that came out that 06 draft. He wasnt mature and couldnt handle adversity when it came his way , your a qb not a manic depressed linebacker or crazed d lineman you cant throw your pads in the stands . He put himself out the league , kyler seems to have it he is mature ,humble and insainly competitative . Im not gonna even mention that last guy you mentioned who shouldn't have even gotten drafted . You have to at least know how to throw the ball when you get in the pros

When comparing players, you can't just base it off one particular area of success. You have to consider skill level, success, fundamentals, attitude, and division they play in. If you consider all of that, Murray is one of the best. IMO he is the best QB I've ever seen on the high school level. If he doesn't get drafted in the top 15 of the MLB draft, he will be BIG TIME at A&M next year. No question in my mind he beats out Kyle Allen.

ok go find vince's 3 year numbers and compare them to murrary's because we cant compare vy's wins and losses to Murray because well its not fair cause he went too madison (dont know what that means ) and Murray is at allen he went 40-0 (if im not mistaken) i will be willing to bet vince numbers is not even close to Murray's. CROWN HIM !!!

This is from VYs Wiki page and the only numbers I could find. Maxpreps wasn't big back then. The total yardage numbers are close and Vince played less games.

"as coached by Ray Seals at Madison High School in Houston where he started at quarterback (QB) for three years and compiled 12,987 yards of total offense during his career"

This is from VYs Wiki page and the only numbers I could find. Maxpreps wasn't big back then. The total yardage numbers are close and Vince played less games.

"as coached by Ray Seals at Madison High School in Houston where he started at quarterback (QB) for three years and compiled 12,987 yards of total offense during his career"

i hear you , but we all know the object of the game in high school is To play 16 games . Plus he carried this team this year . He started in the 6th game of his sophmore year and hasnt lost a high school varsity game in his career . He has won 3 state championships in a row ......CROWN HIM !!

62Jjohnson when Murray wINS a few BCS games, national championship, or NFL rookie of the year let me know. Vince is still the greatest college QB to come from the state followed by Manziel and RGIII. VY beat one of the greatest football teams ever put together bu running for 250 and passing for 250. Manziel couldn't beat LSU or Florida and high school football in bush league compared to college.

62Jjohnson when Murray wINS a few BCS games, national championship, or NFL rookie of the year let me know. Vince is still the greatest college QB to come from the state followed by Manziel and RGIII. VY beat one of the greatest football teams ever put together bu running for 250 and passing for 250. Manziel couldn't beat LSU or Florida and high school football in bush league compared to college.

slow you roll santa !!! im strictly talking about high school HIGH SCHOOL CAREERS . Its odvious i cant compare him with vy when the kid hasnt graduated school yet . I was a big fan of vy , but that brat behavior has cost him millions and a lot of what could have beens . Leaving and having your mommie calling your coach and cops looking for you after something didnt go your way , fighting a guy in a strip club who held the longhorns sign pointed downward and he wouldnt give you 1000 ones to make it rain on a stripper and chunking your pads in the stands like a spoiled 10 year old . Thats not gonna cut it !!He ran himself out the league and was done at what 27 years old ? a damn shame !!! That is why as you move up its mental and vy didnt have the mental makeup that it takes to be the face of the franchise and handle the rigors of nfl life and his personal life .Im saying from what i see from km he is mentally ready for college football right now. I will say it again i bet at 18 years old km football iq was better than vy at that same age .

out of the 3 qbs you named how many won state and put up numbers ?

31-19 as a starter in the NFL

Highschool hardware means nothing if you don't even excel in college or NFL like VY did

this discussion was about high school ball and who was better in high school not college or pro . As for the 31-19 record it means nothing when your sitting at home by age 28 and out the league all together at age 31. The browns are calling rex grossman to play a game for 52 large !!! Cutler is a interception machine with a dont care attitude and is one of the highest paid qbs if not the highest paid in the league . I can go on about worthless qbs that are in the league that vy could run circles around . But like i said his mental is what got him blackballed out the nfl .

this discussion was about high school ball and who was better in high school not college or pro . As for the 31-19 record it means nothing when your sitting at home by age 28 and out the league all together at age 31. The browns are calling rex grossman to play a game for 52 large !!! Cutler is a interception machine with a dont care attitude and is one of the highest paid qbs if not the highest paid in the league . I can go on about worthless qbs that are in the league that vy could run circles around . But like i said his mental is what got him blackballed out the nfl .

Sure it does. He played a year longer than the avg NFL player. 2 pro bowls and a rookie of the year. Decent career. He was a fabulous HS player on a horrible HISD school. You have no idea what went on in Tennessee with him and Jeff. Your spouting off about what the media reports and that is never in light of the players version of the story.

Sure it does. He played a year longer than the avg NFL player. 2 pro bowls and a rookie of the year. Decent career. He was a fabulous HS player on a horrible HISD school. You have no idea what went on in Tennessee with him and Jeff. Your spouting off about what the media reports and that is never in light of the players version of the story.

well enlighten me brother !! Because you seem like you were sitting in vys lap or your one of his boys otherwise your spouting off as well . Again im talking high school dude ,HIGH SCHOOL !!! BuT since you wanna go there then lets go there . He had !! which is past tense , which means he is done !!! A decent career? Vy was suppose too tilt the game !!! I predicted to people vy would be the first qb throwing for 3,000 yards and rushing for 1,000 and about 30 td Total for a 3-4 year span . then by age 30 be a pocket passer throwing more,running less and getting up too the 4,000 yard mark and 25-30 tds for the next 5-6 years . So im saying what he should be doing now at age 31 in his prime. It didnt happen. !! im sure he didnt intend on being retired from ball at 31 years old . His attitude and reputation got him blackballed out the league he has no one to blame but himself . As a starting qb in the nfl you better get it done in that film room and on that practice field he didnt so move on . I dont care where vy played at in high school , how - many - state - titles - did - he - win ? That is where this convo started at . He will be (if not already) a hs hall of famer and a college hall of famer . One of the best that ever did it on those levels . Unfortunately in the pros he underachived , deal with it !!

Shaw is starting for Cleveland this Sun. If Hoyer can't go.

thanks !! Its proving my point . Vy was on the team before they drafted manziel , soon as manziel was drafted they cut him !! Why isnt VY playing in the NFL ? He cant even hold a @#%"#@% clipboard as a 2nd -3rd stringer making league minimum. Now you tell me what went wrong ?