WO-S vs Gilmer

WOS96

You need to move on, you are irrelevant. I don't know where you're from but I think you need to get to a basketball board. Believe me I know Gilmer is not LaGrange.

LOL. When the score is posted Friday many will think it is a basketball board. Gilmer will put up those kind of points.

I just know this.

Gilmer came out of a 24 team region. Including the most competitive and arguably the best teams in the state. Teams that have several recent state champions. Gilmer being one.

WOS came out of a 19 team region. Including the weakest district overall and arguably the worst teams in the state. Teams that have few if any recent state champions. Maybe LaMarque.

Having said that...this is high school sports and anything can happen. They've both done a great job getting to this point.

My gut says Gilmer tho.

Just because teams have won recent titles, doesn't mean they are good teams THIS year! Hell you can go 16-0 one year and 5-5 the next! These high school teams lose great players every year! You can't say a team was great this year because what they've done in recent years!

I'm not saying that. I'm saying a state champ comes from this AREA just about every year. Meaning it's a tough area....and Gilmer is the team that made it out.

I'm not taking anything away from WOS making it here..but Gilmer is a little more battle tested in my opinion.

Not a deep region this year? Is one of them in the state championship game? Atlanta, Gladewater, Henderson are in the region. Did they all advance a few rounds? If by "not a deep region" you mean "only one state championship this year instead of two" as we have seen many times in recent history I guess you are correct.  

Well that's stupid cause only one team from a region can play for a championship! And yes that is good teams! But with the likes of Lagrange, lamarque and HJ that's all teams that were in the top 10 for most of the season!!! And for most of the season Lagrange was picked by most to beat gilmer in the ship! That is until we beat the breaks off of them and now everyone says they were irrelevant! Say whatever you have to say to make you feel like WOS has no chance! Your just setting yourself up for failure! Win or lose your gonna realize how good this WOS team is!

Not a deep region this year? Is one of them in the state championship game? Atlanta, Gladewater, Henderson are in the region. Did they all advance a few rounds? If by "not a deep region" you mean "only one state championship this year instead of two" as we have seen many times in recent history I guess you are correct.  

How many teams does Reg 2 have in the SC games this year? Gilmer, I think Waskom and who else? I guess what I am asking is what Regions do all the SF come from?

6AD1-

6AD2-

5AD1-

5AD2-

4AD1-Reg 3 and Reg 2

4AD2-Reg 3 and Reg 2

3AD1-

3AD2-Reg 3 and Reg2

2AD1-

2AD2-

My post referenced 4A. I am not sure what the basis of "region being down" is based upon. If Gladewater was in Region 3 they would be playing Gilmer on Friday. (DFW) has the most total state championships for the past 20 years.

Well that's stupid cause only one team from a region can play for a championship! And yes that is good teams! But with the likes of Lagrange, lamarque and HJ that's all teams that were in the top 10 for most of the season!!! And for most of the season Lagrange was picked by most to beat gilmer in the ship! That is until we beat the breaks off of them and now everyone says they were irrelevant! Say whatever you have to say to make you feel like WOS has no chance! Your just setting yourself up for failure! Win or lose your gonna realize how good this WOS team is!

Gilmer and Carthage won a state championship the same year once. Not only from the same region...but the same district. Big school and small school champions.

Gilmer and Carthage won a state championship the same year once. Not only from the same region...but the same district. Big school and small school champions.

I believe it was 1997. We(WOS) had to play LaMarque 3rd round. We were undefeated. We lost that game and LaMarque goes and wins 4AD2. Well the 4AD1 winner was Texas City(same district as LaMarque). We beat TC in pre season. Talk about feel bad, the argument there is if we went D1, we win SC.

I believe it was 1997. We(WOS) had to play LaMarque 3rd round. We were undefeated. We lost that game and LaMarque goes and wins 4AD2. Well the 4AD1 winner was Texas City(same district as LaMarque). We beat TC in pre season. Talk about feel bad, the argument there is if we went D1, we win SC.

No...I believe it was this decade. (2000s I mean)