State Champs. You Pick 'Em

badndn

Based on whos left whatcha got. State Champs or State Chumps?

6A D1: Skyline
I like their D against an Allen team that is good, but not great like last few. And then a W over Judson. Nice to see the Rockets back in the mix.
6A D2: Katy
Wow. Rolling up the points all the while they continue to actually play deffense. Brandies and Steele both play some D also, but taking out Katy??? Katy beats SLC in title game rematch from years past.
5A D1: Aledo
Hard to pick against Aledo. New kids on the block George Ranch gives em a run for their money, but Bearkats just wins baby.
5A D2: Cedar Park
CP vs Crosby winner takes it all. Went with CP over SOC in final. Just dont think Ennis can win it all with Jack's offense in 5A.
4A D1: Graham
I like the Steers Defense to slow down the Navasota O just enough to pull it out.
4A D2: WOS
The Stangs D may be the best in the state at any level. A title tilt with Gilmer will be a great test to see if the old adage that Defense Wins Championships is still relevant.
3A D1: Cameron Yoe
The Yoeman know how to get it done on the big stage and hoist the plaque in Jerrys World again, this time over Minneola.
3A D2: Newton
In the battle of the two teams that should have the SPCA called on them for whoopin up on them Bulldogs from CC, Newton moves on and throws Blanco down the stairs like they was Bennie Blanco from the Bronx. Then beats Waskom in Arlington.
2A D1: Mart
Refugio and the Mason Punchers, love that name, should be a great game, but in the end I think Mart takes home the hardware. Even without a Cosby.
2A D2: Tenaha
Tigers again. They always shine on the big stage. Bremond v Bruni will be a battle of tuff defenses, but Teneha amazes year in and year out with their team speed.
I don't do six man. To fickle to predict.

6A D1 it will be the winner of Trinity Allen (unless the squirrel has changed sides). Skyline never can get over that hump.

6A D2 will be the winner of SLC-Cedar Hill just because they have ran through a gauntlet

5A D1 I don't know who will win but it most likely won't be Aledo without Buc they have seemed a step off all year. Probably John Tyler.

5A D2: South Oak Cliff is just too nasty this year. Think Aledo last year.

4A D1: Hate to tell you but your pick will lose by 20 this week to the state champ Stephenville nobody can stop that offense.

3A D2: Gotta go with my local team in Cisco until someone beats em. Newton and them in the final could be epic.

Every one I agree with you on except maybe WOS Gilmer will be too close to call. Gilmer just had their first close game and should have lost but everything else is a blowout

In 6-man. Crowell and Throckmorton take it in not so close games

Based on whos left whatcha got. State Champs or State Chumps?

6A D1: Skyline
I like their D against an Allen team that is good, but not great like last few. And then a W over Judson. Nice to see the Rockets back in the mix.
6A D2: Katy
Wow. Rolling up the points all the while they continue to actually play deffense. Brandies and Steele both play some D also, but taking out Katy??? Katy beats SLC in title game rematch from years past.
5A D1: Aledo
Hard to pick against Aledo. New kids on the block George Ranch gives em a run for their money, but Bearkats just wins baby.
5A D2: Cedar Park
CP vs Crosby winner takes it all. Went with CP over SOC in final. Just dont think Ennis can win it all with Jack's offense in 5A.
4A D1: Graham
I like the Steers Defense to slow down the Navasota O just enough to pull it out.
4A D2: WOS
The Stangs D may be the best in the state at any level. A title tilt with Gilmer will be a great test to see if the old adage that Defense Wins Championships is still relevant.
3A D1: Cameron Yoe
The Yoeman know how to get it done on the big stage and hoist the plaque in Jerrys World again, this time over Minneola.
3A D2: Newton
In the battle of the two teams that should have the SPCA called on them for whoopin up on them Bulldogs from CC, Newton moves on and throws Blanco down the stairs like they was Bennie Blanco from the Bronx. Then beats Waskom in Arlington.
2A D1: Mart
Refugio and the Mason Punchers, love that name, should be a great game, but in the end I think Mart takes home the hardware. Even without a Cosby.
2A D2: Tenaha
Tigers again. They always shine on the big stage. Bremond v Bruni will be a battle of tuff defenses, but Teneha amazes year in and year out with their team speed.
I don't do six man. To fickle to predict.

i like your picks except possibly Cedar Park. I do think CP and SOC meet in the finals but if you look at SOC pre district schedule it was even more nasty than CP. They lost the games but nobody in the state had a tougher pre district schedule than SOC and I think those games prepared them for the playoffs.

6A D1: Skyline, already beat Cedar Hill and Arlington Martin and is probably the most talented team in the state this year. After seeing DeSoto, who Cedar Hill beat handily in district play, hold Allen to 25 points I think Skyline would take it if they can even beat Trinity who has the best coach in the state IMO.

6A D2: Katy rolls over Carroll or Cedar Hill after a tight one with Manvel.

5A D1: Temple/George Ranch winner over Aledo who hasn't been as dominant as past years.

5A D2: Crosby, who else could I really pick?

4A D1: Navasota, beats Stephenville in the title game and breaks Aledo's national scoring record in the process

4A D2: Gilmer, better coach and deeper talent than anyone left on their schedule.

3A D1: Yoe gets another one

3A D2: Cisco vs Waskom winner squeaks by Newton in the title game. There's some powerhouses in this elite 8.

2A D1: Refugio

2A D1: Tenaha

Y'all boys keep sleepin' on the little oasis to the east of H-Town and we'll just keep ringing those cowbells all the way to Jerry's world for that trophy that these long time fans and community have longed for... I'll take this coaching staff (who most have been there done that), the run with been on since playing a team that could still very well be playing in King under different circumstances, and the will to win and team unity these boys display on a day in and day out basis. The culture has changed in Crosby and a red storm's a brewin'..CC TAKEOVER IN FULL EFFECT we're coming for you first Hutto looks like you drew the short straw this Saturday..#CodeRed....

I just can't get out of my head how PLC took out Cedar Park before they lost by 35 to Brenham in the semis last year. Cedar Park was picked to play Aledo in the title game last year just like they are this year. Cedar Park was also shut out 23-0 by a 3-7 Dripping Springs team. I guess Crosby will have to take out last year's semi-finalist, finalist and this year's favorite?

I just can't get out of my head how PLC took out Cedar Park before they lost by 35 to Brenham in the semis last year. Cedar Park was picked to play Aledo in the title game last year just like they are this year. Cedar Park was also shut out 23-0 by a 3-7 Dripping Springs team. I guess Crosby will have to take out last year's semi-finalist, finalist and this year's favorite?

Yes they will. That's how it is when you're the new kid on the block. You have to prove yourself over and over again.

All my picks are into the Semis.
6A 1: Skyline
6A 2: Katy
5A 1: Aledo
5A 2: Cedar Park
4A 1: Graham
4A 2: WOS
3A 1: Cameron Yoe
3A 2: Newton
2A 1: Mart
2A 2: Tenaha

Let's hope you stay perfect on your predictions except I think Crosby is playing some pretty dang good football at the moment.