H-J's Roe Wilkins

KABrother

Per Channel 6's Andrew Chernoff, Roe Wilkins has committed to the Lamar Cardinals...congrats Roe.

Last year I compiled a running list of college bound players...I will try to have one up in a day or 2 again since recruiting will be picking up soon

I'm sure I'll catch it for this post, but it's a serious question and not bashing. Is this a serious pickup for LU or just another local kid? Who else has offered him SLC or otherwise? On paper he has the size and will more than likely beef up as some have said....but will he actually contribute to improving LU or just another local on the roster to stand on the sidelines.....

Locals on LU roster = 25

Locals that contribute = ?? (5 - I'm guessing) correction: I was told about 8...still pretty low...out of 25...

Wow, at the end of the day, who cares if he contributes on the College field, his education is being paid. All the sacrifices he & others made has put him in position to further his athletic & academic career. If he were an All American & a jerk with an NFL upside, everything would be fine right?? Isn't getting an education the main goal? I've read quite a few of your posts and I know I wouldn't like you personally. What a Coward, be a man and ask this kid's father that question. I'd hope he kicks your Arrogant insensitive Arse
That's about as G rated as I could get for this Clown. SMH
For the record, if you knew the response you would get for posting this crap, why did you post it? Judge a man by the content of his character.

Wow, at the end of the day, who cares if he contributes on the College field, his education is being paid. All the sacrifices he & others made has put him in position to further his athletic & academic career. If he were an All American & a jerk with an NFL upside, everything would be fine right?? Isn't getting an education the main goal? I've read quite a few of your posts and I know I wouldn't like you personally. What a Coward, be a man and ask this kid's father that question. I'd hope he kicks your Arrogant insensitive Arse
That's about as G rated as I could get for this Clown. SMH
For the record, if you knew the response you would get for posting this crap, why did you post it? Judge a man by the content of his character.

Well hell - I can think of hundreds of GOOD kids who NEED their education paid for.....I thought this was a football forum, and that LU was actually trying to WIN....I was also under the impression that GOOD people can ALSO be GOOD football players....

and yes, getting an education IS the main goal - just not necessarily on a FOOTBALL scholarship....maybe an academic scholly would be better suited,

I knew it would catch crap because I know there are idiots like you on this board....those who understand why I asked this question - please answer with a legit response....

edit: I really don't care if you would "like" me on a personal level...and oh by the way "coward" ? as you and so many others post behind a screen name....lmao

Craig Soignet

Well Nostradumbass they aren't offering him Academic. Like I said Coward, pose that question to his Father. Since you know it All, ask Sam if they recruited him since you're so concerned. At least the local school is supporting local kids & did it with a winning record. One of the main weapons is local. You know what later for you.
I guess you're Top Flight Security huh Craig??
(Figure it out on your way home) weakling. Lol

Well Nostradumbass they aren't offering him Academic. Like I said Coward, pose that question to his Father. Since you know it All, ask Sam if they recruited him since you're so concerned. At least the local school is supporting local kids & did it with a winning record. One of the main weapons is local. You know what later for you.
I guess you're Top Flight Security huh Craig??
(Figure it out on your way home) weakling. Lol

There are 25 "local" kids on LU's roster - 8 contribute...about 4 (maybe a another one or two) earned all SLC honors. If LU is wanting to improve there SLC standings, which many have complained about, I'd think some of those other 15 or so scholly's could be better served and not just focus on "local" kids, just because they are "local" ...

This kid may be the best there is in the GT, and a future All American - I don't know, that's why I asked. At no point did I bash him...HJ had a great year, he may be the best on that team, he may be an honor student, he may be of great character, but that wasn't my question.........

and yet - you STILL have not answered my question - who ever you are.

I'm sure I'll catch it for this post, but it's a serious question and not bashing. Is this a serious pickup for LU or just another local kid? Who else has offered him SLC or otherwise? On paper he has the size and will more than likely beef up as some have said....but will he actually contribute to improving LU or just another local on the roster to stand on the sidelines.....

Locals on LU roster = 25

Locals that contribute = ?? (5 - I'm guessing) correction: I was told about 8...still pretty low...out of 25...

Yes he will contribute. He's a very good football player and he gives 100% every play. And as far as the academic part... That is his main concern and he is very smart. Just watch videos on him playing football. I personally didn't take that as you bashing him, and you nor anyone else ever should or have any room to. I took it as you just asking a question. And the answer is YES, I think he definitely will contribute A LOT. He has had other offers and I think he wants to stay local.

P.S. He is my cousin so I sort of know what I'm talking about on this one

Congratulations Roe!!!!

Yes he will contribute. He's a very good football player and he gives 100% every play. And as far as the academic part... That is his main concern and he is very smart. Just watch videos on him playing football. I personally didn't take that as you bashing him, and you nor anyone else ever should or have any room to. I took it as you just asking a question. And the answer is YES, I think he definitely will contribute A LOT. He has had other offers and I think he wants to stay local.

Congratulations Roe!!!!

Thank you sir - congrats to Roe, and best wishing to him as an LU Cardinal. 

By the way - I am an LU grad...my daughter high jumps for SHSU so I do support them as well with plenty friends with kids on the LU football team....I'd really like to see them do well - WITH Coach Woodard at the helm.

Locals on LU roster = 25

Congrats you have made a$$ hole poster of the month. Why not be happy for the kid? I saw what he has put in the past few years. He has been one of the leaders of this team and has reached out to many of the under class man to help them better their game. 

Lamar will be lucky to have him and I can tell you this HJ does not go as far as we did this year without him. 

Keep your head up Roe there will always be negative people around.

Congrats you have made a$$ hole poster of the month. Why not be happy for the kid? I saw what he has put in the past few years. He has been one of the leaders of this team and has reached out to many of the under class man to help them better their game. 

Lamar will be lucky to have him and I can tell you this HJ does not go as far as we did this year without him. 

Keep your head up Roe there will always be negative people around.

His cousin didn't think so - and I surely appreciate his honest and complete answer - the rest of you I couldn't care less what you think - or say!

In fact I found his recruiting video on-line and was very impressed - definitely and man among boys - very dominant player and adjust well whether playing inside or out!

"Yes he will contribute. He's a very good football player and he gives 100% every play. And as far as the academic part... That is his main concern and he is very smart. Just watch videos on him playing football. I personally didn't take that as you bashing him, and you nor anyone else ever should or have any room to. I took it as you just asking a question. And the answer is YES, I think he definitely will contribute A LOT. He has had other offers and I think he wants to stay local.

Congratulations Roe!!!!"