Coaching Vacancies

PhatMack19

I guess that 6-7 is not struggling - I just gotta get me a copy of that Texas fan dictionary to keep up with what is a positive and what is a negative and what is struggling and what is not :P

Let me know what success is for aggie. I imagine it is difficult to talk about success at a&m without referencing WWII or that time Johnny beat Bama, but right around .500 in conf shouldn't be the measuring stick.

Strong just needs to lose games in the SUC and he will be held in a higher esteem.

No - Strong just needs to beat a ranked team at Texas and then he can be held in a higher esteem.

Texas beat 1 team with a winning record this year and that was WVU (7-6) - When he can beat a team with a 9 or 10 win season (and he will) then we can hold him higher esteem.  When he beats several in one year then he will be due the mantle of Texas savior.  Until then he is just trying to improve a program that is struggling.  As I have stated I think he will succeed - but I do get tired of the people that think that A&M is falling off a cliff and they ended up 8-5 but that Texas has "turned the corner" by hiring Strong and they ended up 6-7.  Yes A&M went through an embarrassing 3 game struggle with Ole Miss, Miss State and Alabama - but were able to at least get the ship back on track toward the end of the season.  

What has Texas done lately - 2 straight blowouts - granted TCU was one of them.

Let me know what success is for aggie. I imagine it is difficult to talk about success at a&m without referencing WWII or that time Johnny beat Bama, but right around .500 in conf shouldn't be the measuring stick.

Yeah Texas still does have the history of success that is not matched by many other teams in the country you are completely right.  But Texas A&m has the last 4 years of success that is better than Texas - we take what we can get  :D

Thank god Sumlin put those NFL coaching rumors to rest. He's building a 5th place Dynasty in Collie Station. Got a shiny new DC and he stopped the aggie offense so surely he can stop everyone else. 3rd place here they come!

Just to be clear, I have told any NFL teams with interest, that I am also staying put. I feel like I receiced as many calls from NFL teams this year as Coach Swag received.

Thank god Sumlin put those NFL coaching rumors to rest. He's building a 5th place Dynasty in Collie Station. Got a shiny new DC and he stopped the aggie offense so surely he can stop everyone else. 3rd place here they come!

Just to be clear, I have told any NFL teams with interest, that I am also staying put. I feel like I receiced as many calls from NFL teams this year as Coach Swag received.

5th place? He only finished 7th in conference with the greatest QB in aggie history. Then 9th. Kentucky is throwing down the gauntlet for next year.

"RT @ChipBrownHD Source: Charlie Strong fired TE coach Bruce Chambers and WR coach Les Koenning today. #Texas"

Knew chambers was on borrowed time. Hate to see Koenning go because he was a huge proponent of Grayland Arnold's. Hopefully they will take his recommendation and offer him.

In any case, they need to offer Tim Brewster either of those coaching positions. He could fill either and wants to come home from what I hear. And he was bar none the best recruiting assistant Mack ever had.