College Basketball Thread

bullets13

Kentucky
Villanova

My locks for a number 1seed.

Arizona and Wisconsin win their tournaments they're the other two IMO. Villanova had their toughest test tonight versus Providence and won.

I agree completely with the first part. And I think I agree on the second part. If those two win their tourneys, give it to them. Make Duke and UVA the #2s in their regions.

Glad Nova won. I really like Jay Wright.

I agree completely with the first part. And I think I agree on the second part. If those two win their tourneys, give it to them. Make Duke and UVA the #2s in their regions.

Glad Nova won. I really like Jay Wright.

Providence has been one of my four sleeper picks for the final four since they played UK. 

I got them, SMU, Baylor and ISU as my 4 sleepers. 

Conference tournament champions receive an automatic bid, that's why you see teams that are 10-19 in the tourny. Ivy league is the only conference to my knowledge the regular season champ gets the automatic bid. They have a one game playoff this year because of a tie. Some coaches like the conference tourny, some don't. Does get you in the win and keep playing mode. The cities that host make a lot of money and the TV dollars are huge.

Back when I was in high school in Virginia we had district tournaments at the end of season and that determined who went to the playoffs not the regular season. As for the college game, it sucks for those teams that go undefeated in the regular season and are clearly the best team in their conference and lose to a team that gets hot then they end up in the NIT or another lesser tourny.