WELP ANOTHER YEAR IN THE BOOKS....

I just don't see any growth in our area in the future. Mouse said that about lamarque goin down. I am not familiar with Lamarque, but I would bet their growth is due to refining. The refineries hire, but do so locally and population doesn't change. Then you have that new hire move to a better city and enrollment drops. Coaches are humans. Some are good and some are bad. The worst thing a coach can do is play a kid that doesn't deserve to play. That pisses me off bad. It happens and from what I read it happens a lot. But be real, that can be a life lesson also. Bigcam touched on it. If you happen to be one of the elite players that made a living playing a "game" then consider yourself lucky. These kids can learn lessons on a team that they could only learn in the military. These are life lessons, not perfect world lessons. I hade the privilege to play for bobby August and won 2 games in two years. But the things I learned have helped me. I want every kid to b successful but that ain't how it works. I think success should be measured on the things that are accomplished that are above the expected. If you expect any team from this area to win state next year, then you need to quit drinking and go to rehab. It is possible and hopefully one will, but be real when you look at your team. If you wanna know how bad your predictions are, go back and read the threads from the beginning of the season.

i don't expect teams around here to win state every year or really go that far, but just don't settle for a 3-7 or 4-6 season and be happy you made the playoffs. i would like PAM and others to be MORE COMPETITIVE out side of the confines of the SETX, more specific, the golden triangle area. example: playing Katy or Manvel i expect a win or a very close game..7 points or less. alot of the times, teams from the area look like deer in the head lights along with the coaches. even if the other team is visiting. seems like everyone forgets how to play football

oh lamarques lack of growth is due to there is no industry. some people work at the plants, but that's texas city money. there is no industry pumping money into LM. All the talent and families are or have moved north closer to houston. clear lake isd, manvel, pearland,friendswood and some to dickinson. notice the schools/districts i mentioned are all significant as in they are still playing football with pretty good records.

• 4 weeks later...

with wo-s on life support until next week, SETX has once again disappointed and come up short. i'm convinced as a whole, this area has below avg . football with a ton of talent. the only reason we see it as good football is because all the teams are mediocre or worse. when bad play bad, it looks good!! nobody has a defense. my poor dead grandmother can have a 2000 yard season against any team in SETX, especially PAM!!! i have lost faith in the ability of grown ups actually COACHING. Neaumann is still good, but even he is losing his edge. yes i'm a part time La Marque fan, by the way that's working out GREAT due to i'm still attending playoffs games...might be making plans AGAIN to go see da coogs, but even they are suffering from SUSPECT coaching and is winning on talent alone. So the plague of horrible teaching is spreading west, BUT some how skips those folks in dayton, crosby, KP, etc... time for most of us to hibernate till the spring or go the basketball board, so i know most of you can't wait till LM lose so i can eat crow, but really, it won't taste bad since you ate it first lol...i leave you to the tune of kurtis blow..."their playing baaaassketttballl...we love that bas-ket balll..."

So how often has a team on life support make to the State Championship game?