WELP ANOTHER YEAR IN THE BOOKS....

with wo-s on life support until next week, SETX has once again disappointed and come up short. i'm convinced as a whole, this area has below avg . football with a ton of talent. the only reason we see it as good football is because all the teams are mediocre or worse. when bad play bad, it looks good!! nobody has a defense. my poor dead grandmother can have a 2000 yard season against any team in SETX, especially PAM!!! i have lost faith in the ability of grown ups actually COACHING. Neaumann is still good, but even he is losing his edge. yes i'm a part time La Marque fan, by the way that's working out GREAT due to i'm still attending playoffs games...might be making plans AGAIN to go see da coogs, but even they are suffering from SUSPECT coaching and is winning on talent alone. So the plague of horrible teaching is spreading west, BUT some how skips those folks in dayton, crosby, KP, etc... time for most of us to hibernate till the spring or go the basketball board, so i know most of you can't wait till LM lose so i can eat crow, but really, it won't taste bad since you ate it first lol...i leave you to the tune of kurtis blow..."their playing baaaassketttballl...we love that bas-ket balll..."

I know that you are mostly "big school" but I am pretty certain our area will be well represented next week with the likes of WO-S, Hardin-Jefferson, Coldspring, Buna, East Chambers, Kirbyville, Newton, Corrigan-Camden and West Sabine to name a few.

Including those guys west, it will be a busy football forum next week and the week after.

Basketball is here, but still plenty of football to be played and talked about locally.

And its crappy you call out schools as you did. Go tell the number of dI central players they suck. I dare you to tell Neumann to his face he's losing it after the guy l just had his fourth straight team either win or share district title. PNG was a very solid team. Vidor fought while starting 10 underclassmen on offense. Lumberton made huge strides. PAM was very disappointing but I watch a lot of their games and I assure you it was not just coaching.
To me you made a post without thinking. As Aggies pointed out there are plenty of teams who have shot to go deep.
As proof this area is still in good shape, go count SE Texans in pros and compare it to any area our size.
Bad coaching? Thompson, Smalley, Neumann, Foreman, Suggs, Mathews, Faircloth, Dubois, Harrison are ones off top of my head that I think prove your statement wrong.

Fact is 215A just had better teams period. It happens. Nederland had two fumbles on first two plays and lost by slim margin. PNG had two TOs and an INT in 2nd half after taking 9 point lead. So did Faircloth and Neumann turn the ball over??

Winning football games is a combination of X's and O's and also Jimmys and Joes...

this is week one..most if not all will be gone by week 2...TRUST ME!!! aggie i'm small school too because of LM...again gabe. compare those 22-5a squads and even the 21-6a squads...what do mostly have in common??? NO DEFENSE!!! just like college and pros, it's all about scoring and trying to shootout your foe. oh yeah you telling me to tell neaumann and kids to their face they suck??  remember, you are the new guy so to speak. i'm the guy who organized a flag football game in bulldog stadium and showed up while talking crap to board members!! however, again it's not the kids fault. there is talent, but this talent is going to waste. west brook, PAM, Central, Ozen should be easy at the top of the districts(not playing a race card and don't u dare do it) when local teams leave the comfy buttercup confines of the triangle, they get taught a lesson!! trust me, the area in about 4-5 years will be no better than houston inner city schools...Marque it down!!!!  all those coaches you named...most are making plans to coach their second sport or ordering supplies for next year. Harrison might be the only one working with the college recruits. that's my point. fans like myself, which are very few, want something bigger and better. stop accepting making it to the playoffs. how about 5 rds, you get the small pat on the back. how about stop letting teams beat the breaks off you and play the better kid instead of the favorite. STOP RECRUITING from other high schools and build your own brand. this area is a joke for football. i will support my titans and take plenty of antacids until harrison quit or get some coordinators in their that know hat the heck they are doing.

Problem nowadays for the most part=kiddos are soft in general,if it gets what they believe to be a little tuff=they quit.I've seen parents try to bring kids a gatoraide to practice wth a bologna sandwich next?No plenty fresh water.Offenses have been upgraded to the point where size does not always mean dominance,what is dominant on teams that can play=speed,strength,conditioning,atheletes(kids that play multiple positions & give 100%)I'm gonna use my team Dayt as an example=19 yrs straight playoffs,27 po wins.2014 team may have 2 kids that could have started on these teams =98-02-06 thru 09 . How I wish for the yrs Dayt has more than 22 srs on a roster.It is what it is wherever your program is.Have I been disappointed in some coaching=yes w/a big BUT the underclass teams continue to be good(WHY)they don't have the big head yet they just want to learn & earn a position to start & showcase their talent=they know they can't be a Dugat-Green-Rip-Wright player till they can prove otherwise.Some varsity kids think they are college fb players when in FACT they are for the most part good high school fb players=TRUTH RIGHT THERE.In 19 yrs less than 7  D1 recruits from Dayt played college ball,only bout 5 finished career there.This tells me all I need to know as successful run as we've had.You wanna be really good you prove you have the willpower to stay the course & give 100% thru every game.Dayt program has been built from jr high up on Coaching them up & moving them up when they've earned it,being a sr does not come w/a automatic starting position.

This is a problem with football now because there are other year round sports that are easier. There is a reason that you don't have football tournements. The kids want to play basketball or baseball because the wear and tear on your body is not as bad. Players now also specialize in just one sport. This starts at the junior high level. As for coaching, I can say that nederland played several rounds deep and beat the number 1 team in the state just a couple years ago. The only thing I can say for coaching in general is basing a coaches value off of 48 minutes a week by a bunch of kids is pretty tough. These are 14 to 19 year old kids playing a game. Factor in life and these kids have their hands full. I guarentee the coaches want to win as bad as anyone. They work tons of hours for very little pay. So this may be the end of good football according to mouse, but that has yet to be determined. Hopefully he is wrong.

2011 PAM state semis
Central 2008 quarterfinals and 2009 regionals
WOS 3 straight quarterfinals
Nederland 2012 quarterfinals, 2011 reg Silsbee 2 straight regs
HJ 2013 regionals....

That's just ones I knew for certain without going look it up. Sorry but I proud of all that right there. We have several schools here that are highly respected across state. Sure I'll take a few more titles but like someone else said, these are kids man. They make mistakes and so do coaches. Area isn't overly strong I'll agree but to basically call all our teams terrible is wrong in my eyes.

Man for a superhero character name this dudes got a ton of issues. Why don't you take your pathetic woe is me attitude and go play on I45 in LaMarque. Plenty of talent in SETX and only a few each year get to hoist the big one. Glad your piss poor attitude doesn't reflect the sentiment of the rest of us.

06. We agree on something!
I think its funny how he says "horrible teaching is spreading west, but funny how it skips over Dayton, KP and Crosby" in respect to poor defense. Dayton? They just gave up almost 600 yards to PNG. So because they won it makes it ok. Dayton folks will tell you that the Bronco D needs work.

2011 PAM state semis
HJ 2013 regionals....

That's just ones I knew for certain without going look it up. Sorry but I proud of all that right there. We have several schools here that are highly respected across state. Sure I'll take a few more titles but like someone else said, these are kids man. They make mistakes and so do coaches. Area isn't overly strong I'll agree but to basically call all our teams terrible is wrong in my eyes.

You forgot about the 2011 Ozen squad. Knocked off two undefeated district champs in rounds 1 & 2 including a nationally ranked Brenham team.

Wish Crosby could force a few more turnovers, that would make life a whole lot easier. We tend to just play hard sound defense and make you beat us in 3rd and long situations that seems like every now and then the other team makes a miraculous play to sustain their drives. It's all good cause if your one dimensional, like Calhoun, then you better not let us jump on you early cause they seem to tend to turn the ball over and it could get ugly quick. I'm anticipating a stack the box smashmouth effort that Calhoun won't be able to handle if we can get them in 2nd or 3rd and long situations. Go Coogs!!!

This is a problem with football now because there are other year round sports that are easier. There is a reason that you don't have football tournements. The kids want to play basketball or baseball because the wear and tear on your body is not as bad. Players now also specialize in just one sport. This starts at the junior high level. As for coaching, I can say that nederland played several rounds deep and beat the number 1 team in the state just a couple years ago. The only thing I can say for coaching in general is basing a coaches value off of 48 minutes a week by a bunch of kids is pretty tough. These are 14 to 19 year old kids playing a game. Factor in life and these kids have their hands full. I guarentee the coaches want to win as bad as anyone. They work tons of hours for very little pay. So this may be the end of good football according to mouse, but that has yet to be determined. Hopefully he is wrong.

okay proud, you make some good points, but tell me, how come programs across the state with a storied history seems to get it right??? why are "newer" teams in the san antonio area are dominant? explain why manvel, a team that has been around right around 8-10 years are doing what they are doing. lake travis?? seems like in SETX we are stuck in mediocrity. and these HC and AD are making plenty of cash!!

2011 PAM state semis
HJ 2013 regionals....

I'm curious. When was the last setx state title? Last one I remember was Newton '05.

2011 PAM state semis
HJ 2013 regionals....

my point exactly!!!! PAM being  the best round out of that group, after that we or you as a region SETTLE for "well we made the playoffs" "we made to the 2-3 rd, we did good" and all year long the program doesn't look good or the teams are cupcaking it fooling EVERYONE. i rather lose to a power house and showup and lose by 7-10 points. and i'm not talking about the kids gabe. i already stated SETX has tons of talent. it's the adults who running these programs that's the problem and as liltex pointed out, some of these, not all, are soft and spoiled. want to quit because IF the coach show some sack and move the player for the TEAM sake.

I'm curious. When was the last setx state title? Last one I remember was Newton '05.

WO-S in 87 or 88 and depends on who you ask, what is considered SETX. i consider Newton, but i'm speaking more of the triangle area. newton, wo-s(gonna vomit in my mouth lol) and other small town schools still somewhat have a since of pride, but still settle for the making the playoffs and 2-3rd round.

Can't even spell "Mighty" correctly. You know you can edit your screen name, right bud? It'll take less time than it did to write this nonsense.

well you figured out didn't you?? and who cares..who sorry mr butt hurt bullets13....get a life. and if you knew how i got that name you would shut your mouth because i know you can't do it...8.45 165mph with a sorry 1.49 60ft on two wheels.

06. We agree on something!
I think its funny how he says "horrible teaching is spreading west, but funny how it skips over Dayton, KP and Crosby" in respect to poor defense. Dayton? They just gave up almost 600 yards to PNG. So because they won it makes it ok. Dayton folks will tell you that the Bronco D needs work.

See a cougar and Indian can come to a "Peace" agreement every once in a while....