Rivalry Renewed - Bowl Edition?

TxHoops

http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/11/16/7228047/texas-longhorns-texas-am-aggies-texas-bowl

Two observations after reading this article:

1) the big Aggie-LSU game on Thanksgiving is between two teams tied for 8th (yes 8th) place in conference?

2) A&M should be rooting for Texas to beat TCU on that same day. A UT win would likely put them out of the Sec affiliated bowls.

I just want to know who in the heck scheduled Texas and A&M to play at the same time on Thanksgiving? I wanted to watch both of these games without having to channel flip.

I agree. It's bad enough we don't get to play each other anymore.

On that note, I am not a fan of AD Patterson's in the least. But if he would right that wrong created by Deloss, I would change my opinion of him. Letting that rivalry die was beyond dumb.

I just want to know who in the heck scheduled Texas and A&M to play at the same time on Thanksgiving? I wanted to watch both of these games without having to channel flip.

Usually the NFL owns the daytime on Thanksgiving and I doubt the NCAA wants to compete with them for ratings. Now the NFL added a night game so I don't know.

A&M will play on Thanksgiving night when the game is at home and on Friday night when it's in Baton Rouge.

I can get Texas Bowl tickets for $25 with a hot dog and a drink. Pretty good investment if A&M and Texas do end up playing.

I just ordered 12. I'll start the bidding at $200 each for all of you t-shirt fans.

What makes you think a t-shirt fan would may more than face value? I don't pay any more for my t-shirts.

They will if they want to get into to the game. That game will sell out in 2 minutes if those 2 teams matchup. Really if either team ends up playing there it will sell out.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3A004D5BAADD2538?_cldee=YnJhZC50cnVlQGhvdXN0b250ZXhhbnMuY29t

Where do I have to input my university affiliation?

It would be a bigger game for Texas than it would for A&M.

you say that now, but there would be just as many Ag fans talking crap after a win as there would be if the horns won.  but it does sound good if you lose... "well, we play in the SEC!  this game was smalltime, and our guys didn't really get up for it after playing all of those quality SEC opponents."

I'd also argue that it would be a huge game for both for another reason.  With UT being perceived as a team on the rise, and aTm seeming to be dropping back to the pack a little bit, this game would play a huge role in in-state recruiting.  each coach would love to tell a prospect "yeah, we didn't have the type of year we wanted to have last year, but we did beat that other texas school you're thinking about attending."

It looks like Texas would have to beat TCU for this game to happen. If not, it will nd most likely Oklahoma. Odds are pretty good that A&M ends up in the Texas Bowl, but you never know since the SEC no longer has a bowl selection order.

Disagree. Texas needs to lose. If they win, Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando may well take them before Texas Bowl gets to pick. If they are available when Texas Bowl selects, can't imagine them passing over them.

Disagree. Texas needs to lose. If they win, Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando may well take them before Texas Bowl gets to pick. If they are available when Texas Bowl selects, can't imagine them passing over them.

A game in Florida would be big for Coach Strong. That guy recruits Florida as well as anyone.