Get out the broomes

EnjoyLife

A 4 seed that beat their district champ last week...

Sometimes those things happen. Last night 10-0 Van lost to 4th seed Paris. Henderson outscored their first 4 district opponents 178-40 and imo over looked Kilgore. Anything can happen but if Henderson brings their "A" game tonite they should handle Silsbee.

I decided to post on that board also since Jasper will be in direct competition with 9-4A again next year come playoff time. If we can get to the third round and see another team from that district (Henderson?), then we'll probably get some coverage there also due to increased familiarity. Jasper used to schedule Henderson and Chapel Hill in pre-district play along with Lufkin pretty often and I'd be cool with those games being played again. 

Jasper's in a weird place geographically and keeps going back and forth between the SETX district and East Texas district, so we don't have a huge following on either site. I'd like to see that change, but I don't think a lot of people in Jasper or alumni like me even know these sites exists. 

I decided to post on that board also since Jasper will be in direct competition with 9-4A again next year come playoff time. If we can get to the third round and see another team from that district (Henderson?), then we'll probably get some coverage there also due to increased familiarity. Jasper used to schedule Henderson and Chapel Hill in pre-district play along with Lufkin pretty often and I'd be cool with those games being played again. 

Jasper's in a weird place geographically and keeps going back and forth between the SETX district and East Texas district, so we don't have a huge following on either site. I'd like to see that change, but I don't think a lot of people in Jasper or alumni like me even know these sites exists. 

Funny thing, this site is based out of Jasper, owned by Jasper grad and current resident. This site was a "spin off" from the old Jasper Bulldog messageboard that Jordan created several years ago.

How about more of you guys show up over here? ;)

Exactly. Let them have their little piney woods message board in that little northeast corner of the state. They don't have the amount of participation and enthusiasm among fans that this site has. Plus, they can keep the superiority complex to themselves. It's ridiculous watching someone stare into the mirror and admire themselves. After all, we are the common man peasants compared to the nobles of "DOD" fame. 

Funny thing, this site is based out of Jasper, owned by Jasper grad and current resident. This site was a "spin off" from the old Jasper Bulldog messageboard that Jordan created several years ago.

I remember that old board, too. I just wish there were more consistent Jasper posters. I guess I'm part of the problem because I generally post during the season unless there's a realignment or coaching change. It's harder to follow other sports when you're out of state, but the web makes it pretty easy to keep up with football these days.

There was a period after I left Jasper ('91 to whenever KJAS started streaming) that I had no idea what was going on down there and it drove me nuts. I'm really glad there are sites like this one that make it easy to follow the Bulldogs and interact with people tied to other schools that we play. Al Gore is a genius for inventing the internet, or so he says. 

"Jasper used to schedule Henderson and Chapel Hill in pre-district......"

I remember Jasper and Henderson playing in non-district a looooooong time ago. Hope we see you guys in round 3.

We played you guys four years straight from '78 through '81 and went 3-0-1 against you. Those were early in Gene Walkoviak's 20-year tenure in Jasper and I don't think we've seen Henderson since. 

Exactly. Let them have their little piney woods message board in that little northeast corner of the state. They don't have the amount of participation and enthusiasm among fans that this site has. Plus, they can keep the superiority complex to themselves. It's ridiculous watching someone stare into the mirror and admire themselves. After all, we are the common man peasants compared to the nobles of "DOD" fame.

Uhhh I wouldn't go that far.

Staring in the mirror and admiring oneself I agree with though. But, it's kinda hard not too when state titles come yearly.

We played you guys four years straight from '78 through '81 and went 3-0-1 against you. Those were early in Gene Walkoviak's 20-year tenure in Jasper and I don't think we've seen Henderson since.

Maybe we can get together in round 3. I would like a chance to change that to 3-1-1 :)

I'm sure you would. There's a lot of football to play before that and I'm sure Silsbee will bring their best tonight. I think it's gonna be a better game than the general opinion out there. 

You are right...there is a lot of football to be played before then. Good luck to the J-Dogs.

I'm sure you would. There's a lot of football to play before that and I'm sure Silsbee will bring their best tonight. I think it's gonna be a better game than the general opinion out there.

I hope we make it respectable. The thing is we aren't a very good football team. As seen last week on many plays we can't tackle but if you don't practice it why would you be very good at it