New palace in Katy?

Many districts will raise your taxes in ANTICIPATION of selling bonds. Katy knew they would get the issue passed once they changed some issues with the previous bond package.

So they can say the bonds will not raise taxes because they have already been raised.

Believe me, they are high enough already.  The state caps the maximum amount of taxes a district can levy at 1.55 per thousand, and I am pretty sure that Katy is maxed out.

In two years Katy will be bigger than the city of Pittsburg. It's not the one horse town it used to be and many still think it is. HS #8 is on the way and several kids now are sitting in portable units outside of the HS...this was needed. Animosity between the North and South sides of I-10 kept it from passing the first time.

The city of Katy is only 16K.  But KISD is big with the completion of the Grand Parkway from I-10 north to 290 along with the 3K of students every year, it's necessary.  Everybody but Humble and LCISD with 5 or more HS has at least 2 stadiums......

The city of Katy is only 16K.  But KISD is big with the completion of the Grand Parkway from I-10 north to 290 along with the 3K of students every year, it's necessary.  Everybody but Humble and LCISD with 5 or more HS has at least 2 stadiums......

you mean 160K?

If porter/new caney can get that beautiful stadium then katy should get what ever stadium they want

I dont think it was the stadium that had them upset.  It was the price of the stadium.  As nice as NCISD stadium is it was only about 30 million where i hear KISD is spending 58 million

I dont think it was the stadium that had them upset.  It was the price of the stadium.  As nice as NCISD stadium is it was only about 30 million where i hear KISD is spending 58 million

Not the price......location and many wanted it as a seperate bond. Also, costs go up...the longer they waited...the higher the price goes. And again..Animosity towards Katy HS has a LOT to do with it....from having to remove the color "Red" from the KATY ISD logo at midfield at Rhodes stadium...to signs like these around town, The stadium is for 8 HS's...yet opponents are/were calling it a stadium for the Katy Tigers.

ML1SLS1PJ7RF.jpg

The property value assets in Katy ISD must be TREMENDOUS!!!  Cinco Ranch probably has more taxable property value than the entire city of Detroit.

I am sure ALL the new $500,000 plus homes being built are adding to the coffers so the taxes didn't have to be raised.

It is just incredible to see all the new neighborhoods on the west side of Houston spring up with houses $400,000 plus being built.  Simply amazing.

Not just Cinco Ranch,  but Cross Creek Ranch (where one of the new elementary schools will go)  Firethorne is still building, Willow Creek Farms is still building, and the new Anserra  and Raintree editions opening up.   They already have over 60K students in the district and are projecting over 90K in a few years.

http://www.katyisd.org/sites/bonds/Documents/Package/Projects%20by%20Campus.pdf