West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

I wish someone could post a video of that punt call. I also want to see if the side judge threw a bean bag like he claimed. The guys in the booth didn't see it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Can't imagine he would lie about that but curious to see....

Hoops, he threw the bean bag immediately. As soon as the ball hit the kid the side judge threw the bean bag because we were talking about it.

This is my take on this game, and before I make it let me say it's my last post on this thread until tomorrow, so don't get mad if you respond and I don't. WOS was the better team tonight, but not by a whole lot. They looked like they were going to run away with it early, then HJ dominated the 2nd quarter and should've went into the half down one score. A ref trying to impact the game made a call that looked bad to me, and dberry has said it was wrong after seeing the tape. that allowed WOS to score completely against the momentum of the game. Down 21-7 is a lot different than 14-7 when you run a slow offense AND you're playing a great defense. HJ fought back and cut it to a score, at which point it should've been tied. The WOS scores and goes up two scores, which should've been one. HJ throws a pick with 8 or so minutes to go that leads to a very short field and a score. This doesn't happen if they're down one score. Guarantee it. They're running 2nd and 8 down a score. There's no way to know what would've actually happened. Maybe they punt and then WOS scores anyway? No clue. HJ is then out of sorts and fumbles and WOS scores again. At this point it was over anyway. HJ isn't the type of team that's going to score two or three times in 7 minutes. All this to say, there's no way of knowing how the play at the end of the 2nd quarter affected the game. But it absolutely made an impact. Honestly, I think WOS wins. But no way do I believe it's 21 points, or even the 14 it is if you just subtract the bogus TD to end the second half. They out gained the hawks by what, 60 yards? The refs were absolutely awful, both ways, no bones about it. But HJ got victimized on the one call that I think all but ended any chance they had to win. Review- WOS was the better team. I'm not butt hurt about the loss. I AM butt hurt about the call that completely screwed HJs gameplan and momentum. And no way was WOS 21 points better. Sorry if I got grumpy on here with anyone. Hard to see the hawks play so well to get back into that game and then endure a call that totally puts them back in the hole they'd just scratched and clawed their way out of.

The bottom line, HJ didn't dominate one phase of that game. The only time our offense sputtered was due to the refs bombarding us with flags. You wanna talk about "ifs"?? If the refs stay out of it the score would have been far worse than it was. We run for 12 then get backed up 10, we go for 20 then get backed up again. It was ridiculous... WOS IS 21 points better all day, every day

If you are telling me that an HJ coach threw anything at a player i will point blank call you liar

I don't believe he intentionally threw it at a kid, but he threw it in the direction of a kid. And to make matters worse, he picked it up and threw it again. If you still disagree with that, then anything else you say is not worthy of a response.

We don't "average 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalties each game." But refs do get more loose with their flags against us because of our aggressive play. 'Been like that for decades. Our coaches do not tolerate personal fouls and the players guilty of it are always dealt with

Knowing Coach T I would agree with that 100% I was just stating to a poster if the 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike calls are the norm it needs to be dealt with.

Hey if the punt play shoe was on the other foot and HJ got the ball on WOS 18 I would swear up and down that Ref was a visionary ahead of his time and should be inducted into the hall of fame...LOL it is what it is WOS played a great game we did not and the score reflects just that

I just watched the blitz replay of the punt and you can't tell anything!! The player, #1, is who touched the ball! The angle of the camera does not offer a good enough vantage point to see it clearly. When the play first happened several around me also started yelling about #1 touching the ball. So from my perspective this is what happened.

I just watched the blitz replay of the punt and you can't tell anything!! The player, #1, is who touched the ball! The angle of the camera does not offer a good enough vantage point to see it clearly. When the play first happened several around me also started yelling about #1 touching the ball. So from my perspective this is what happened.

So as long as several people start saying it then that makes it true??

Here is my .02, and this may offend a few people.

The better team last night won.  Period!!!  End of story.  HJ has improved a ton, but they are not on WOS level.  I have read post on here for weeks and months about how this was the year.  This is the year, for HJ to have the best record in school history and to hopefully make another deep run in the playoffs.  But heart and determination will only take you so far against a athletic and experienced team like WOS.  Not to mention all of the bulletin board material that a few posters have given to WOS.  The WOS team was jacked up at the beginning of the game like I have never seen a team.  HJ fought their tails off last night, and played WOS as close as they have maybe ever.  Takes small steps to climb the mountain Hawks!!!  Keep taking those steps and you will get there.  I have become a believer in my Hawks, but for anyone to honestly believe that HJ was the better team coming in to the game last night was looking through rose colored glasses.  Best of luck to the Mustangs down the road, and best of luck to my Hawks in the playoffs.  Hopefully they meet again in the regional finals.

Good post and so very true, on a few levels...

I was told years ago about a thing called Swagger... There is 2 things in this world that will ruin my week.. First is getting our butts kicked by Nederland, 2nd is getting our butts kicked by WOS. WOS plays with Swagger, thats just a cool word for fire.. They will light you up at any given time.. Sometimes that could be after a play, during a play, before a play, etc. Its something I wish we had, but that being said, if you let the SWAGGER get to you, and you let the officiating get to you, guess what, you lose.. It happened to PNG this year after dominating the first half, the SWAGGER shut us up the second half...  But what I have learned over the years is this... As bad as I hate to lose to Ned and WOS, they are my second favorite teams... You hear about it game after game, but the results stay the same... And at the end of the day, everybody loves or hates a winner.... I just happen to love a winner.... WOS keep it up, because like my ole buddy EG said, everybody knows who WOS is... Can you say the same..

Nice!