Navasota star RB Randle tears ACL last Friday

I don't think he has committed yet.   I'm not sure who will take over his spot, but they will be ready.  This team is the total opposite of the 2012 team.  The 2012 has some serious talkers in that group, but they were able to back it up.   The stars of this team are quiet and let their play do the talking. 

Hate to hear that about any of the players...we have a couple of key injuries of our own with one of the best prospect receivers in our district out for the season...ankle surgery. Also lost our one of our key defensive linebackers to a knee injury last Friday. Will pray for all for a speedy and complete recovery.

First I'd like to offer my sympathies for the young man.  That is a terrible thing that could happen to any of those boys playing on Friday nights. To have it happen near the end of your senior year is especially hard.  I have a question though.  One thing that always confused me so correct me if I'm wrong here as I am no medical doctor or trainer.  If the ACL is torn and has to be operated on what would it hurt (not talking about pain) to just wrap the knee up and continue playing?  It already has to be operated on so if it tears more would it damage anything else?  Or would the pain just be too intense? 

First I'd like to offer my sympathies for the young man.  That is a terrible thing that could happen to any of those boys playing on Friday nights. To have it happen near the end of your senior year is especially hard.  I have a question though.  One thing that always confused me so correct me if I'm wrong here as I am no medical doctor or trainer.  If the ACL is torn and has to be operated on what would it hurt (not talking about pain) to just wrap the knee up and continue playing?  It already has to be operated on so if it tears more would it damage anything else?  Or would the pain just be too intense?

You risk totally destroying the knee if play is continued. My son had acl reconstruction last week.

Another reason is that the ACL is so important for movement of the knee. Same as an MCL and LCL. A meniscus tear isn't as bad, especially if it's a small tear, because you can still walk, run, pivot, etc. I've seen players with meniscus tears wear a brace and play just fine, although I wouldn't do too much walking backwards. Eventually they have to be operated on, but that's what the off-season is for.

FURR 0 0 0 0 — 0

NAVASOTA 30 28 13 14 — 85

1st Q

N — Derrion Randle 6 run (Michel Martinez kick) 4 plays 41 yards (10:50)

N — Safety (7:56)

N — Tren’Davion Dickson 51 KOR (Martinez kick) (7:49)

N — Randle 31 pass from Shelton Eppler (Martinez kick) 4 plays 55 yards (4:44)

N — Randle 19 run (Martinez kick) 3 plays 29 yards (2:14)

2nd Q

N — Jerbrell Lipscomb 45 pass from Eppler (Martinez kick) 1 play 45 yards (11:53)

N — Eppler 1 run (Martinez kick) 10 plays 76 yards (6:17)

N — Dickson 14 pass from Eppler (Martinez kick) 1 play 14 yards (6:01)

N — Ro’Davion Brown 5 pass from Eppler (Martinez kick) 7 plays 39 yards (:04)

3rd Q

N — Martinez 24 FG (5 plays 15 yards) (8:57)

N — Martinez 37 FG (4 plays 0 yards) (5:41)

N — Lipscomb 48 pass from Eppler (Martinez kick) 2 plays 53 yards (:48)

4th Q

N — Davon Jernigan 6 run (Martinez kick) 4 plays 48 yards (8:49)

N — Jarvis Norman 71 run (Martinez kick) 3 plays 83 yards (4:20)

Top passers: N: Eppler 19-25-253 5 TDs, 1 INT

Top receivers: N: Lipscomb 4-113 2 TDs; Dickson 4-52 1 TD

Top rushers: N — Randle 9-98 3 TDs

Looks like the injury wasn't as servere as they first thought. Randle should be back by the 2nd/3rd round.

I was quoting his mother about the 2nd round. According to Fedora, he may be back next week. I personally wouldn't play him in the 1st round against Needville or Brazosport.

http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/spor...7249dd8b3.html

"Navasota had to face some adversity as they were without their leading rusher Derrion Randle (1,104 yards and 14 TD) who was ruled out with a torn ACL. The good news is that they are hopeful to get him back in the first or second round of the

I was quoting his mother about the 2nd round. According to Fedora, he may be back next week. I personally wouldn't play him in the 1st round against Needville or Brazosport.

http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/spor...7249dd8b3.html

"Navasota had to face some adversity as they were without their leading rusher Derrion Randle (1,104 yards and 14 TD) who was ruled out with a torn ACL. The good news is that they are hopeful to get him back in the first or second round of the

I'm not completely sure as to if he is going to play the first round, but he has been practicing with the team. But like Rattler99 said they shouldn't use him. If Fedora was smart, he would leave him alone until a round where they truly need him. We have 2 awesome backups that have been doing an amazing job since he's been out the past few games, and they are more than capable of taking care of business in the 1st and most likely 2nd round by themselves so that Randle can get back to 100 before he has to go back on to the field. Navasota is definitely known for having some great backups waiting in the ranks tho, im excited for this playoff season.