Is Charles Barkley right or wrong?

stevenash

are you saying that all black youth are barbarians? I will put my life on this. My son will NEVER rob a store. You just proved that a lot of white people have preconceived notions in regards to black males, so sad. Smh

Big Girl, with your education I don't see how you would get barbarians out of my comment. My comments (clearly stated) were about the Michael Brown case. If you were as concerned about the case as I thought you were and did a little research, you would of known his parents claimed he was a gentle giant.  If you would, quote the line that you got barbarian out of?

I don't know you or your son, his age or his description......I could never make those comments because I simply don't know.

However, it sure seems when we have a discussion, there are a lot of sensitive folks out there.....can't have a discussion without feelings getting hurt. 

Where did you see me complain about White people?? I may be many things Craig, but a Racist I'm not. Just be cause I have issues with people of other races doeesn't make me or anyone else Racist. By the way who are you talking to?? Me or Big Girl??   Who are certain other people?? Don't take the Coward approach, put the names out there. I think you need to stay in your swim lane Buddy.  Your recollection of what I said & how you understood is way off.  LOL

What a Homer!!!

Like the way Biggirl took my comments and tried to turn them into me calling all youth black kids Barbarians.....silly huh......

Big Girl, with your education I don't see how you would get barbarians out of my comment. My comments (clearly stated) were about the Michael Brown case. If you were as concerned about the case as I thought you were and did a little research, you would of known his parents claimed he was a gentle giant.  If you would, quote the line that you got barbarian out of?

I don't know you or your son, his age or his description......I could never make those comments because I simply don't know.

However, it sure seems when we have a discussion, there are a lot of sensitive folks out there.....can't have a discussion without feelings getting hurt. 

It's hard to tell hippy. 

Maybe it is the same place this comes from:

I bet some of you guys miss the days when a white person could kill a black guy in front of 28 black people and no one said anything, because they were afraid. Oh how sad it is that black people have civil rights activists that will stand up for our rights, " race baiters" as some of you call them.

Maybe we miss the day when whites could kill blacks in front of witnesses and get away with it? 

When I read such comments I always wonder where they come from. I saw nothing in the thread (or any thread ever) that said such nonsense that could be even wildly construed as we longed for the days when you could murder someone without fear of retribution. Even so, apparently some of the comments were interpreted that way. 

I guess under that rationale, if you said that PNG will beat Central this Saturday afternoon, I could in response reasonably say, yeah but my income taxes will go up next year and voter ID will be approved by the SCOTUS. 

Like the way Biggirl took my comments and tried to turn them into me calling all youth black kids Barbarians.....silly huh......

I described my son. Your next comment was about a gentle giant and looking at video footage of a kid robbing a store as if that was what i had to look forward to. What the hell was I supposed to think? I dont think you used quotation marks. Why would you even bring that up, we were talking about Barkley's comments. I merely said that my "intelligent" son has not had "unintelligent" blacks hold him back.

A guy fired three shots at an officer, was shot, fell over facing away from the officer, but continued to point the weapon while laying on his side facing away from the officer. I didn't hear that he was shot in the back of the head, but I did hear he was hit several times in the back of the legs as he lay on his side pointing his weapon towards the officer.

A guy fired three shots at an officer, was shot, fell over facing away from the officer, but continued to point the weapon while laying on his side facing away from the officer. I didn't hear that he was shot in the back of the head, but I did hear he was hit several times in the back of the legs as he lay on his side pointing his weapon towards the officer.

Okay, I remember that one now about three weeks ago.

If that guy fired at an officer (or anyone for that matter) and continued to flee, I don't care if he was shot in the back. As long as he retained a weapon or possibly could have retained a weapon, I see nothing illegal about that. According to what else happened, deadly force could be lawfully used as long as he was fleeing and failed to surrender. 

I described my son. Your next comment was about a gentle giant and looking at video footage of a kid robbing a store as if that was what i had to look forward to. What the hell was I supposed to think? I dont think you used quotation marks. Why would you even bring that up, we were talking about Barkley's comments. I merely said that my "intelligent" son has not had "unintelligent" blacks hold him back.

Above what you read I stated "Everyone thought that is what happened in the Micheal Brown case.....does not look like that was the case."

Nothing in quotes because I was not quoting anyone.....

No one else took it the way you did.....

My point exactly....I will use the same type of bs that she uses....why...so we can see bigcam call me out...but not big girl....so she can say she has problems with some..but isn't racist...but if we have problems with some and only call them out....well...we know where that ends up....They are both racist!

Typical "underhanded" response by "da man."  

Nothing underhanded about it....she is the one that claims to be so educated, and doesn't mind throwing up when it benefits her....she should at least know definitions and context....most over rated educated person I know...or lieing...either way...smh

Craig, I asked who were you talking to. Big Girl's experiences are her own just as anyone else's. Her son is black, so she knows first hand how her kid has been treated. She didn't make the statement Barkley made. I agree with Hippy that many are too sensitive, but many on here think just because you agree with some statements of others that we totally agree with them. I can respect a Racist for being who he is, but I have a problem with the behind the scenes people of any race. Dr King's Dream will remain a Dream until we seek equality for All.

Craig, I asked who were you talking to. Big Girl's experiences are her own just as anyone else's. Her son is black, so she knows first hand how her kid has been treated. She didn't make the statement Barkley made. I agree with Hippy that many are too sensitive, but many on here think just because you agree with some statements of others that we totally agree with them. I can respect a Racist for being who he is, but I have a problem with the behind the scenes people of any race. Dr King's Dream will remain a Dream until we seek equality for All.

If you think Big Girl and her/sons experiences give her the right to generalize and not others, then you are part of the problem as well. AND, if you or Big Girl don't think we, the white man don't get comments or racial treatment, or the race card thrown at us then maybe it's ya'll who need to wake up.

No one, or at least in my circle claim that racism doesn't exist...in all directions. But it sure seems the white man is all to often the only ones that get blamed...mostly for stupid crap that happened way before most of alive today even existed.....no one denies terrible things went on in this country...and it always will...we must know and understand history - true, as the saying goes, so it won't repeat itself....however...let it go already...this country has better laws and consequences about discriminating than any other....that will never eliminate all racial crimes/actions/comments....but it is the best in the entire world......

I for one am also not a racist....I do however (I'm sure) come across as being very much so...why? Because I will not tolerate any cry baby, finger pointing, or insinuating that MY race (white) is any more racist then any other out there...and if I sense it, read it , or hear it...I will turn the tide and sound just as dumb to make a point.

Some say in these situations, I should take the high road, and let those who do that kind of stuff hang themselves......well, that approach hasn't worked....the PC world / media we live in today has allowed only the liberals / minority to have their say and continue to silence the conservatives and majorities in this country.......

I will be just as vigilant as the next person....white / black / purple / green....

"A" white man may have done "something" to you (her son)...but White people have no more done anything to her son than they have "kept the black man down" or at least no more so then the sitting President and his staff has done...........

You can't control what other people say about you, how they treat you, etc....what you can control is how you react to said treatment....take care of your own house before you even begin to speak of others....if you don't give them mud...they can't sling it at you.

If you think Big Girl and her/sons experiences give her the right to generalize and not others, then you are part of the problem as well. AND, if you or Big Girl don't think we, the white man don't get comments or racial treatment, or the race card thrown at us then maybe it's ya'll who need to wake up.

No one, or at least in my circle claim that racism doesn't exist...in all directions. But it sure seems the white man is all to often the only ones that get blamed...mostly for stupid crap that happened way before most of alive today even existed.....no one denies terrible things went on in this country...and it always will...we must know and understand history - true, as the saying goes, so it won't repeat itself....however...let it go already...this country has better laws and consequences about discriminating than any other....that will never eliminate all racial crimes/actions/comments....but it is the best in the entire world......

I for one am also not a racist....I do however (I'm sure) come across as being very much so...why? Because I will not tolerate any cry baby, finger pointing, or insinuating that MY race (white) is any more racist then any other out there...and if I sense it, read it , or hear it...I will turn the tide and sound just as dumb to make a point.

Some say in these situations, I should take the high road, and let those who do that kind of stuff hang themselves......well, that approach hasn't worked....the PC world / media we live in today has allowed only the liberals / minority to have their say and continue to silence the conservatives and majorities in this country.......

I will be just as vigilant as the next person....white / black / purple / green....

"A" white man may have done "something" to you (her son)...but White people have no more done anything to her son than they have "kept the black man down" or at least no more so then the sitting President and his staff has done...........

You can't control what other people say about you, how they treat you, etc....what you can control is how you react to said treatment....take care of your own house before you even begin to speak of others....if you don't give them mud...they can't sling it at you.

Craig- you are pretty articulate for an angry old white guy:)

Dude, Really??? That isn't what I said. I said her issues were her own & that she knows of the treatment of her son. Where did you get the rest of that crap from? Do you comprehend?? You are the type of ignorant guy I Love to speak with face to face. I'm done with you, clearly you come across as educated, but clearly can't decipher between your thoughts & reality

Okay, I remember that one now about three weeks ago.

If that guy fired at an officer (or anyone for that matter) and continued to flee, I don't care if he was shot in the back. As long as he retained a weapon or possibly could have retained a weapon, I see nothing illegal about that. According to what else happened, deadly force could be lawfully used as long as he was fleeing and failed to surrender.

he didnt fire at any officers.

what the hell are you talking about? My son nor I have not experienced "unintelligent" black people trying to hold him back. That is not a generalization.