Girlz vs. Boyz

A few years back they did it that way....they would play both varsity teams on the same night and play the junior varsity games a different night during the week. If I remember correctly the varsity girls would start around 6pm and the varsity boys would play after that.

ya it used to be good when i was a freshman they played jv girls varsity girls and varsity boys in the gym, and the jv boys played in the junior high gym.(b4 we had our new gym) my soph year, i think it was still the same and my junior year The jv girls played in the new gym, as well as our varsity and the varsity boys played right after. the jv boys played in our old gym. This year...it stinks... the boys play opposite and i hate it!!

Guest bleed orange

Back when I played and I will not give out that information because I would be telling my age. The varsity girls and boys played together. The schools would bring in more money like this. The crowds would be bigger. It would also make it easier on parents who have a boy and a girl playing. When my son was a senior my daughter was a freshman and both were on varsity. My and wife had to choose sometimes or I would go to one game and her the other. Thats a bunch of bull!!!!!!! We were running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Most of it has to do with UIL as you can only play on Wed under special circumstances. The rest has to do with: 1. availability of officials to spread out both jr high and varsity games over the remaining days or 2. If you try to have both girls and boys at same site, you are talking the potential for 6 games on a given nite.(fresh - varsity) Some schools don't have the facilities to support that.(2 serviceable gyms at same location).

As a fan....I would love to have boys/girls Varsity on the same night.  Last time we played Crosby in early January both games went into overtime and that would have been a great double header.  Tomorrow night we play them again and I have to pick which one to go to.  When I played in the early/mid 80's it was the same night.....  Our girls team was good but our boys team was not.  At least having the girls play before us helped our crowd size (at least til halftime).

Guest bleed orange

It is awesome when you have a job you enjoy. She's a great kid. See, the other side of the river is not that bad. Thats why most of you from mid county are moving over here. Just kidding!!!!!!!! You have not yet but it won't be long. Your purple blood is starting to change. Orange is the only blood I know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder