Well folks.....IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME AGAIN!!!! Panthers vs Jaguars.....SOUL BOWL TIME!!!!

I wish we get the scouting report out. We need to run ALL plays north to south and NON east to west. Ozen can run us down. We have size and there is no need for the cute stuff. See if they can pound it our with us. We could make this easier that it would seem.

oHHHH I see the undercutting message you are spewing out Souljah. Lets just run over that "little team" from Ozen. Ain't no worry as long as we step on the field. Man, you better hope the players don't read this one.  :o

Someone said there is video. I'm waiting on that footage to surface. Surely it should be onkine somewhere.... Social media maybe?

I don't know anything about a video. Just know what the official told me.

He saw the discussion of it on here and called and confirmed it to me Sunday night. All I know.

If AggiesAreWe said it, then it must...

:rolleyes:

Obviously I wasn't there so I did not personally see the situation. I can only go off the word of a personal friend of mine who was on the officiating crew that night. I have no reason to doubt his word nor has he ever given me a reason to doubt his word. He happen to read the debate on here about if it happened or not and called me to confirm that it did.

The situation means absolutely nothing to me. Just trying to inform.

The oringinal Soul Bowl Games were played between Beaumont Hebert and Charlton Pollard. They will forever be imitated, but never duplicated !!!

Those where the days, when both teams, bands and dancers left it all on the field. Panthers Coach Clifton J. Ozen and Bulldog Coach Willie Ray Smith Sr prepared their teams for battle at South Park Greenie Stadium until the game out grew it's capacity.

Then the games were moved to Lamar Cardinal Stadium and played before sell out crowds of 20,000 plus

Former Athletes, Students, Teachers etc would travel far and near to support their respective teams. However,it's sad to say, you don't see that kind of support for most teams locally anymore.

With that being said,let's pack the Carol A "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center Friday night and show the Ozen Panthers and Central Jaguars some love as the 2-1 district foes battle it out on the field.

Good Luck to both teams !!!

Go Ozen Panthers !!!

Hebert Panther Alumnus !!!

The oringinal Soul Bowl Games were played between Beaumont Hebert and Charlton Pollard. They will forever be imitated, but never duplicated !!!
Those where the days, when both teams, bands and dancers left it all on the field. Panthers Coach Clifton J. Ozen and Bulldog Coach Willie Ray Smith Sr prepared their teams for battle at South Park Greenie Stadium until the game out grew it's capacity.
Then the games were moved to Lamar Cardinal Stadium and played before sell out crowds of 20,000 plus
Former Athletes, Students, Teachers etc would travel far and near to support their respective teams. However,it's sad to say, you don't see that kind of support for most teams locally anymore.
With that being said,let's pack the Carol A "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center Friday night and show the Ozen Panthers and Central Jaguars some love as the 2-1 district foes battle it out on the field.
Good Luck to both teams !!!
Go Ozen Panthers !!!
Hebert Panther Alumnus !!!

Central's side usually has pretty good attendance for all of their games as long as the team is competitive. People that graduated in the early years of its existence are now watching their kids play. Ozen hasn't gotten to that point yet due to it being about 14 years old.

Ozen is gonna pull it off. Randle takes a hand off with 2 minutes left in the game straight up the gut for a 50 yd td. Ozen 36 central 34

May be one of the most underrated players in the Area, but he gets it done anyway. We need another huge game from him & others to have a chance against the Jags. Defense is a must, TO's to a minimum

Central's side usually has pretty good attendance for all of their games as long as the team is competitive. People that graduated in the early years of its existence are now watching their kids play. Ozen hasn't gotten to that point yet due to it being about 14 years old.

Ozen has fairweather fans...The attendance at their games has dropped drastically.   I remember when they had Jacoby Jones running for touchdowns all over the place, their attendance at their games was low.  Central's band alone draws a huge crowd.   Pear Orchard Panther01 and Sasquatch what has happened to the Pear Orchard fans and the Hebert Alumni crowd? 

Ozen has fairweather fans...The attendance at their games has dropped drastically. I remember when they had Jacoby Jones running for touchdowns all over the place, their attendance at their games was low. Central's band alone draws a huge crowd. Pear Orchard Panther01 and Sasquatch what has happened to the Pear Orchard fans and the Hebert Alumni crowd?

Well.....you're right about being "fairweather". When Ozen was in the playoffs every year during their early years the fans were complaining and shaky then....even with all the success they had. The comparison had always been towards being like Hebert. BUT....Hebert had more than just good sports teams....they had TREMENDOUS school pride that would rival ANY school in this area. I'm sure being competitive year in and out helped with that too. Because of their lack of desired success in football, Ozen has been labeled a "basketball school", but don't get it twisted. The Pear Orchard wants a football championship. They're starving for it. And they've grown impatient.... hence the lessening of attendance. As far as the band.....lol.....well....It all starts with the leadership just like any program. ;-)

As far as Friday's game....I think we're gonna see one heck of a game. I think Central will start fast, but Ozen will adjust. They're scrappy and the worst thing that could've happened for Central was the WAY Ozen won last week. They learned what it means to never give up...how to be aggressive until they get what they want. They won't be afraid of the Jags. If anything, they'll have to calm down from the adrenaline rush and the trash talking. This is that game where being sensitive and easily offended goes out the window for 60minutes. These kids do NOT want to lose to each other.

The last a Central vs. Ozen had great attendance was in 2011 when Ozen defeated Central for the first time in about 7 years. That year Ozen was the underdog, but look at the awards and accolades that amassed that year dispite their record. Ijs

that team peaked late in the season, right in time for the playoffs.

Ozen has fairweather fans...The attendance at their games has dropped drastically.   I remember when they had Jacoby Jones running for touchdowns all over the place, their attendance at their games was low.  Central's band alone draws a huge crowd.   Pear Orchard Panther01 and Sasquatch what has happened to the Pear Orchard fans and the Hebert Alumni crowd? 

Big Ticket 409 / That's a very good question. However, in my opinion the Pear Orchard and Hebert Alumni supporters were spoiled by Hebert winning State Championships in 1959, 1966 and 1976.

Coach Clifton Ozen and Alex Durley both had an overall winning percentage of 85 %. The Panthers were in the playoffs nearly every season under both these great men. Advancing three to four rounds deep. Including several Semi-Final rounds.

Panther Pride was special to the Pear Orchard Community back then. It meant something to wear Blue and Gold on Friday nights, knowing that the scoreboard would reflect another Panther victory at the conclusion of most contest. Faculty and Staff became accustomed to winning, most of them lived in the community and would make their presence know with various chats. One in particular that rubbed off on everyone was Mrs. Rose Williams shouting out loud. (CALLING ON THE DEFENSE !!! ) That became part of her Hebert Legacy. One that Hebert Alumni Panthers will forever remember and still chat during our Mass Reunions.

It's safe to say, most individuals from the Pear Orchard Community aren't use to having a losing football season. This mentality unfortunately, has created some fair weather fans. Typically, in the past if Ozen advances to post season play. I have personally observed a huge presence from the Panther community and Hebert Alumni at this games. Including during Ozen Basketball Playoff games !

However, it shouldn't be this way. Some, have lost sight of the true picture and focus. It's all about supporting the kids. Therefore, I am challenging the Pear Orchard and Hebert Alumni Community to get behind these kids beginning Friday night against the Central Jags and continue to support them Win or Lose. (DON'T BE A FAIR WEATHER FAN ! )

Hebert's motto is Whatever Hebert Does It Must Be The Best !!!  Panthers, let's not say it words, but live that motto and show these young Panthers true Team and School Spirit. 

GO OZEN PANTHERS ! LET'S SHOW SOME PANTHER PRIDE AGAINST THE JAGS !!!