Nederland 39 Beaumont Central 36/Final

WOSgrad

In response to Ozenfinest saying that the difference this year for Central defeating Nederland this year would be their coach.  In my opinion, Foreman was severely outcoached by Neumann in the 2nd half.  Nederland looked like an entirely different team in the 2nd half and made ADJUSTMENTS.  Central clearly has more talent than anyone in District 22-5A but it did not equate to a win. I would not want to be the team to face Central this Friday.

In response to Ozenfinest sayoing that the difference this year for Central defeating Nederland this year would be their coach. In my opinion, Foreman was severely outcoached by Neumann in the 2nd half. Nederland looked like an entirely different team in the 2nd half and made ADJUSTMENTS. Central clearly has more talent than anyone in District 22-5A but it did not equate to a win. I would not want to be the team to face Central this Friday.

I agree with EVERYTHING said here....

I was too. Lol

One question soulja, why the sweep..I was not at the game (deer season) but listen to it on the radio...Holy crap what a freaking game..4TH and goal and the guy said central was running the sweep...was it a read option..just wondering...Im sure Ned had the box stacked with corners playing middile out..When we stoped them on 4th down I screamed and everything in the woods ran off...LOL...

If you saw Seay's interviews postgame talking about the play, he indicated they thought Central would try to toss it wide since they had pounded 3 straight up the middle.  He told the CB to swing it out wide and force the play into him, and that's what happened.  I don't think there's any way the rb could've gotten to the pylon based on what Nederland had dialed up on that play.  What I would have done is a play action pass on third down, but that's easy to second guess at this point.  It seems it was just meant to be that night.  There is no way Nederland should've pitched a shut out in the second half, that was just crazy.