Will Silsbee ever bounce back?

Running keeps you in shape!

This stuff is usually cyclical and I would guess that the girls will experience a return to prominence at some point in the future. Think about it Santa, it wasnt but two years ago that you were suggesting that HJ abandon its football program and here they stand undefeated and enjoying some state wide recognition.

It's not only Silsbee. I used to enjoy watching Silsbee , HJ, Orangefield and Kountze. It wasn't unusual to see them put 80 on the board on any given night. The game overall is just down right now on the girls side. I think it's more a lack of interest than a lack of talent.

I 100% agree - From 2004-2009 we had some really good girls basketball players in our area.

I remember in the early 90's (1992/93) going to watch Silsbee vs Cleveland in Conroe and the Silsbee girls made their first trip to state. They had Stallworth, Rebecca Barnes, Fobbs, and a few other very talented girls. They also went back to state in 1994/95 with McCain and Stallworth. I think again in 1996/97 as well but lost to Cedar Hill.

The orangefield girls baskeball team will never be competitive unless they put the  best  players on their Varsity team!!!!   Last year one of the best wings in the school was on Junior Varsity!!!   They are doing the same mess this year!!!!   There is politics in every school but really this school is the worst!!!!!   It is not motivating but they are ok with losing!!!   They will lose this year too!!!!  Need to play the best not who is kin to who if you are a junior and mediocre at best  it should be JV for you!!! It is going to be a rough season!!! To win you have to play the best!!!! Sondra Ancelot knew that but i think some others are confused.   Who is the best ball handler ......aka point guard not whose friend is whose !!!!    Please it is a disgrace to the sport.   If its going to be like that it would be better to not keep score!!!!!   Everyone gets a trophy should not be the standard..   why strive to better yourself!!!    I think Hampshire will have another good year.....great coaching.   Plays the best does not except mediocrity.    Just some thoughts!!!!    

The orangefield girls baskeball team will never be competitive unless they put the best players on their Varsity team!!!! Last year one of the best wings in the school was on Junior Varsity!!! They are doing the same mess this year!!!! There is politics in every school but really this school is the worst!!!!! It is not motivating but they are ok with losing!!! They will lose this year too!!!! Need to play the best not who is kin to who if you are a junior and mediocre at best it should be JV for you!!! It is going to be a rough season!!! To win you have to play the best!!!! Sondra Ancelot knew that but i think some others are confused. Who is the best ball handler ......aka point guard not whose friend is whose !!!! Please it is a disgrace to the sport. If its going to be like that it would be better to not keep score!!!!! Everyone gets a trophy should not be the standard.. why strive to better yourself!!! I think Hampshire will have another good year.....great coaching. Plays the best does not except mediocrity. Just some thoughts!!!!

Typical to blame the coach. I don't have a dog in this fight at all...and I could care less how OF does in girls bball. But I have friends that coach..why? I have no idea. But I can say this..how is it that you can say one of the best players was on the JV. Based on what?..how she did against JV teams? And putting a "mediocre" jr on JV. Ever think about this..maybe the coach didn't want a bad jr taking minutes away from younger kids who could get better. That's what I would do. If you're a jr or sr and still bad enough to be put on JV...it's too late. You're going on the varsity bench and not taking anyone's minutes.

Keep ridiculing the coach tho.. That will make things better.

No one will ever admit "maybe we're not winning because we're not that good"

Every team goes through lean years, some more than others. Orangefield had a good run with some talented teams but now they are a little lean, that is all. I would say 10% coach and 90% talent level. The problem I see also is fundamentals are not being stressed enough at the younger age groups. The Orangefield team from 2007 could beat this years team by 60+ and maybe more.

Every team goes through lean years, some more than others. Orangefield had a good run with some talented teams but now they are a little lean, that is all. I would say 10% coach and 90% talent level. The problem I see also is fundamentals are not being stressed enough at the younger age groups. The Orangefield team from 2007 could beat this years team by 60+ and maybe more.

I agree! 

• 2 weeks later...
On the topic of Coaching I disagree a Bad Coach ( whether it be inexperience or constant poor judgement and choices can ruin a game ) !!! I know Old School 2 thinks it is always on the players I can tell that by some of his other posts on OF - HF game! It doesn't matter records speak for themselves ! Keep blaming the players ! Move those coaches around I doubt you see a change !!! A good coach shows what they are about ! That is all I said!