4-2 mustangs

skipper

fist  off  richmond foster going into this game the mustangs were  a round a 30 point under dog  are something like that  correct me if i am not right on this point  RF had a very large DL and it showed holding wo-s to only 4 yards on the ground  the DL  was very fast  as we all saw. now on the other side the mustangs did not lay down at no time in this game and RF  were shakeing there heads all night long. it was the mustangs big D that keep us in the game that night  showing  mustang pride.in the houston paper said the mustangs are for real one of the best progams in the state.now comes newton L#2  COACH THOMPSON SAID be for this game we can not afford to get into a track meet with newton ,there record dose not show how good there kids are. the mustangs had no running game  at all just in spots  and that dont get it ,as for the passing game what can i say  just could not hold onto the ball a ton of droped passages with Wr open all night but life must go on. PS sorry for the spelling

Several things I have noticed is the OL blocking is less than average. In order for WOS to be effective they need to establish run game but also provide adequate pass blocking so the QB can find his receiver. WOS needs their OL to step up and be the backbone to this team if they have any chance to make it to through the region

Several things I have noticed is the OL blocking is less than average. In order for WOS to be effective they need to establish run game but also provide adequate pass blocking so the QB can find his receiver. WOS needs their OL to step up and be the backbone to this team if they have any chance to make it to through the region

so true

fist  off  richmond foster going into this game the mustangs were  a round a 30 point under dog  are something like that  correct me if i am not right on this point  RF had a very large DL and it showed holding wo-s to only 4 yards on the ground  the DL  was very fast  as we all saw. now on the other side the mustangs did not lay down at no time in this game and RF  were shakeing there heads all night long. it was the mustangs big D that keep us in the game that night  showing  mustang pride.in the houston paper said the mustangs are for real one of the best progams in the state.now comes newton L#2  COACH THOMPSON SAID be for this game we can not afford to get into a track meet with newton ,there record dose not show how good there kids are. the mustangs had no running game  at all just in spots  and that dont get it ,as for the passing game what can i say  just could not hold onto the ball a ton of droped passages with Wr open all night but life must go on. PS sorry for the spelling

I don't care how good Richmond Foster is, was or will be. WO-S is not, was or will be a 30 point dog to anyone. PERIOD!!!

I don't care how good Richmond Foster is, was or will be. WO-S is not, was or will be a 30 point dog to anyone. PERIOD!!!

I think it was around 13.

As for as the Newton game it's just a simple overconfident on the kids part.I think RF had the same problem.You have to start with that eye of the tiger sort of thing before the battle begins.You find that you are in a battle you are not mentaly prepared for and it is usualy to late.Newton knew what kind of efffort it was going to take to beat the Mustangs and they were ready.

I don't think that the kids were over confident against Newton I think they were just tired. The Richmond Foster game was a war that the Mustangs fought waaaaaay above their heads and almost came out with the win. you see teams in college and the pros that loose a tough game and then come out flat in the next game.they should be fine in district.

The WO-S boys were really ramped up to play Richmond Foster, to see if they could slay the giant, and they just about pulled it off. That game DID take a lot out of the team emotionally and mentally. Then, they have to turn around and play the smallest school on their schedule (Newton), who already had multiple losses including one to Orangefield. Newton, on the other hand, was focused on this game like WO-S was against Foster. The Eagles played their best game of the year. Yes, WO-S had two of their starting O-linemen out. Plus, our two best defensive players were hurt during this game. This combination and the fact that they took Newton lightly was enough to produce the upset. Props to Newton for doing what they had to for the win. They earned it. WO-S was undefeated against Newton until this game. If WO-S had put the focus and effort into the Newton game like they did against Foster and PNG, they beat Newton handily.

We've been able to avoid letdown games like this in most years. I'm glad we've made this mistake now before district play and the playoffs. I firmly believe that a lack of focus will not be our undoing again this year. WO-S will not lose another game in the regular season, and that includes the one against HJ. 

I don't think that the kids were over confident against Newton I think they were just tired. The Richmond Foster game was a war that the Mustangs fought waaaaaay above their heads and almost came out with the win. you see teams in college and the pros that loose a tough game and then come out flat in the next game.they should be fine in district.

Could not agree more and no bye early in the year to rest up.