Newton touchdown horns banned from district

I'm not even lying here....
I was working at the District Clerks office in Newton one day and the fire siren went off.... They still have one of those. The best part is that immediately after the whistle, a city of Newton backhoe comes flying up the street and whips into the fire department. The guy jumps behind the wheel of the firetruck and fires that mutha up....I'm just shaking my head when a guy comes up the street in a COVERED FREAKING WAGON and clippity-clops over to the firehouse and hops onto the fire truck, too. That place is like going back in time about fifty years.

.......it's called a volunteer fire department, sorry that's all we have, lives and houses have been saved from that man on the backhoe and the person in the covered freaking wagon.

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-section-1207-1210.pdf

section 1208 #n, they talk about it's against rules for an emergency vehicle to use their lights or siren (horn) during a game unless going to an emergency. You can still use horns during an outside game as long as it's not coming from a fire truck, ambulance, or police car. That's the way I read it.

that ETC is a big word. you have to be carful whenever that is in a sentence.

. I would have said " On what charge?"

a little over the top but here is the law.

42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;

(2) a noise is presumed to be unreasonable if the noise exceeds a decibel level of 85 after the person making the noise receives notice from a magistrate or peace officer that the noise is a public nuisance.

a little over the top but here is the law.

42.01. DISORDERLY CONDUCT. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;

(2) a noise is presumed to be unreasonable if the noise exceeds a decibel level of 85 after the person making the noise receives notice from a magistrate or peace officer that the noise is a public nuisance.

Then I respond with " you better call for back up so you can arrest everybody in the stands screaming".

Then I respond with " you better call for back up so you can arrest everybody in the stands screaming".

i agree it is a football game. i was just letting you know what the law said. 

how does that old saying go: you may beat the charge but you won't beat the ride.

i agree it is a football game. i was just letting you know what the law said.

how does that old saying go: you may beat the charge but you won't beat the ride.

Yeah disorderly would be re only thing but serious I would be like "you for real?" I usually have to think twice before I open my mouth. lol

Guest ECBucFan

The problem was those who took it to the extreme. Mart comes to mind. That train horn went off waaaaay too much and waaaaaay too long. Others around the state abused it too. Seems like the train horns etc. is just like the race to build a bigger/more expensive stadium than the last one built by someone else. This is a "one up" culture we are living in, no matter how obnoxious.    

Yes, unless it's a district rule.

Funny you mention that.. cause before the guy was no longer able to take the horn for Dayton.. BH informed Dayton it was not allowed at their stadium. Said it caused noise pollution. :rolleyes:  I'm sure that was the real reason... 

Funny you mention that.. cause before the guy was no longer able to take the horn and blow it for Dayton.. BH informed Dayton it was not allowed at their stadium. Said it caused noise pollution. :rolleyes:  I'm sure that was the real reason... 

if they don't let y'all score how will it cause noise pollution.   :)

if you don't like to watch them dance don't let them score……..