Newton touchdown horns banned from district

I think you are mistaken. As far as I know, the only UIL rule bans air horns in enclosed stadiums.

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks,

etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not

flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field

houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-section-1207-1210.pdf

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/constitution/uil-ccr-section-1207-1210.pdf

section 1208 #n, they talk about it's against rules for an emergency vehicle to use their lights or siren (horn) during a game unless going to an emergency. You can still use horns during an outside game as long as it's not coming from a fire truck, ambulance, or police car. That's the way I read it.

(n) MASCOTS, FIREARMS, PYROTECHNIC DEVICES, BALLOONS. Live animal mascots, cannons, firearms, fireworks,

etc. are prohibited at League athletic contests. Except in their normal course of business, emergency vehicles shall not

flash lights or sound sirens during the course of a game. Noisemakers are prohibited at League athletic events held in field

houses and/or gymnasiums. Releasing balloons is prohibited at League athletic events held outdoors.

You beat me to it. lol

Like I said, you can blow horns if the event is outdoors.

Like I said, you can blow horns if the event is outdoors.

Newton VFD parks outside the fence and does their lights and sirens in plain sight during the game. That would seem to be a clear violation of the rule. To them it's a welcome break from saving slabs and chimneys.... Besides that, they aren't out running people off of the toad and otherwise being a menace to other traffic. I'm of mixed opinion.

Newton VFD parks outside the fence and does their lights and sirens in plain sight during the game. That would seem to be a clear violation of the rule. To them it's a welcome break from saving slabs and chimneys.... Besides that, they aren't out running people off of the toad and otherwise being a menace to other traffic. I'm of mixed opinion.

You are correct, but Newton also has a portable air horn. I was talking about air horns, not the trucks. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not even lying here....

I was working at the District Clerks office in Newton one day and the fire siren went off.... They still have one of those. The best part is that immediately after the whistle, a city of Newton backhoe comes flying up the street and whips into the fire department. The guy jumps behind the wheel of the firetruck and fires that mutha up....I'm just shaking my head when a guy comes up the street in a COVERED FREAKING WAGON and clippity-clops over to the firehouse and hops onto the fire truck, too. That place is like going back in time about fifty years.