Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (Arlington) 2:30 p.m. CBS

Roper84

A good win for Texas A&M against a quality opponent.

A long hard road awaits them. Every wins makes it exponentially harder to sustain the forward momentum.

in 2005, Texas converted a 4th and 18 to salvage the season and championship..

This is a critical year for the Texas A&M program.

$5MM/yr may not be enough.

SPCFBG

For a moment, I thought Kevin Sumlin was facing his upset at Alabama in 2012 come back to haunt him. Then I left to get food and A&M put together the comeback of the season so far.

I was rooting for the Aggies. I'm glad they came back. Now I hope Sumlin learns something from this and recruits a defense.

A long hard road awaits them. Every wins makes it exponentially harder to sustain the forward momentum.

SPCFBG

I dont think it is a quality win. Arkansas snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! It is a win however, and thats what matters in the end.

WNCIP,

For you this is nice :D :o

But you need to go post on the Texas vs Kansas and comment on that "quality" win for your program.  I think Arkansas would have beat Kansas by 50 - but my opinion.

But while not pretty - it was impressive in the sense that A&M was down late to a ball control type team that numerous (again) (I saw 3 on ESPN that stated this was a game they expected Arkansas to win in this weeks upset mainly due to the questions about the defenses ability to stop the running game) experts were predicting to win.  A&M was able to score and hold the running attack of Arkansas in check to get the ball back - a major step that would not have happened last year.

I loved Kenny "Trill" Hill's interview after the game.

WNCIP,

For you this is nice :D :o

But you need to go post on the Texas vs Kansas and comment on that "quality" win for your program.  I think Arkansas would have beat Kansas by 50 - but my opinion.

But while not pretty - it was impressive in the sense that A&M was down late to a ball control type team that numerous (again) (I saw 3 on ESPN that stated this was a game they expected Arkansas to win in this weeks upset mainly due to the questions about the defenses ability to stop the running game) experts were predicting to win.  A&M was able to score and hold the running attack of Arkansas in check to get the ball back - a major step that would not have happened last year.

and did you see the interview?

When I give out helmet stickers, I never take them back. ;) ;)

Only a non guru would do that! :P :P :P

My original post

SPCFBG

I would not celebrate to much A&M. You were beat, the pigs gave it away. You didn't play like #6 team.

4 quarter Arkansas drives

7 plays- 17 yards
3 plays- 5 yards
3 plays - 7 yards
6 plays- 50 yards. Missed FG
3 plays- 1 yard

0 points in the 4th quarter and overtime!

The defense stepped up when they needed to. A&M is building depth on defense and it showed late in this game. Especially as much as we heard how much Arkansas's huge lineman will wear teams out late in the games.

4 quarter Arkansas drives

7 plays- 17 yards
3 plays- 5 yards
3 plays - 7 yards
6 plays- 50 yards. Missed FG
3 plays- 1 yard

0 points in the 4th quarter and overtime!

The defense stepped up when they needed to. A&M is building depth on defense and it showed late in this game. Especially as much as we heard how much Arkansas's huge lineman will wear teams out late in the games.

Two touchdowns taken off the board due to penalties, missed FG. Yeah Arkansas beat themselves.

You can say all day long your defense won the 4th. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Why are Aggie fans so defensive? All I said I won't celebrate too much. You didn't play like the #6 team in the country. Any negative criticism and the claws come out.

Those defensive stops include the called back TD and the play down to the 2? The trip I understand, but it was away from the play so your defense was beat. The holding call was pretty lame. Either of those plays stand and Ags lose so you wouldn't be bragging on your defense.

Skipper the tripper.