Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (Arlington) 2:30 p.m. CBS

Roper84

A better description would be non-conference.

Pre-season only belongs to the pro's.

Your friend need to CR his work and sell it to the selection committee. I'm afraid they are going to have their hands full at the EOY.

SPCFBG

No, I mean preseason. As in, the results of previous seasons and preseason polls do not count. Non-conference play is accounted for in his program.

He's been refining the poll for three seasons now. The week one rankings are typically way out of wack, but by the end of the season, his poll starts to make a lot more sense, and it's been known to predict an upset or two. Wouldn't surprise me if he turned it into something someday.

Yeah.  Not sure where all the smack talk is coming from.   Who outside the top 10 has better wins than A&M?   Ouside Bama, since it seems they have found a quarterbck,who has been overly impressive ?  Oregon nearly lost to Washington State .  Florida State has been meh.   Auburn?  Baylor?   Things get sorted out in the next couple of weeks.

Well Auburn beat Arkansas by 24 earlier in the year. A&M, of course, was bleeding, groggy and on the ropes against Arkansas. And Auburn beat Kansas State at Manhattan on a Thursday night. No easy feat.

South Carolina is not a top 25 team. While they did beat uga, SC struggled against both East Carolina and against Vandy.

Doesn't matter if you win by 24, or win by 1...a W is a W.  Aggies beating  #9 SC on the road by 24 pts when they had won I think 18 home openers in a row = quality win (quality all season long)

Can't argue about Vandy, but ECU is a quality team this year...but whether or not SC is currently ranked, they still beat a currently ranked Georgia team.

Holman, don't forget that Arkansas and Auburn were tied 21 all at halftime...and while the hogs did have a chance to win over the Aggies, they didn't.  Personally I do think the game was closer than it should have been, but nonetheless, that's football. 

Doesn't matter if you win by 24, or win by 1...a W is a W.  Aggies beating  #9 SC on the road by 24 pts when they had won I think 18 home openers in a row = quality win (quality all season long)

Can't argue about Vandy, but ECU is a quality team this year...but whether or not SC is currently ranked, they still beat a currently ranked Georgia team.

Holman, don't forget that Arkansas and Auburn were tied 21 all at halftime...and while the hogs did have a chance to win over the Aggies, they didn't.  Personally I do think the game was closer than it should have been, but nonetheless, that's football. 

You are correct. A win is a win. But after 5 games SC was obviously overrated at the beginning of the year.

I think Arkansas would beat SC, don't you?

Yes I do think Arkansas would beat SC, and I think they're about to upset a few other teams as well...this was a game we were supposed to win, and we did...and when this all shapes up in a few weeks this will turn out to be a very quality win...just watch.

Very much agree with all of that.

Yes I do think Arkansas would beat SC, and I think they're about to upset a few other teams as well...this was a game we were supposed to win, and we did...and when this all shapes up in a few weeks this will turn out to be a very quality win...just watch.

That is my point. Westend1 asked who has better wins than A&M. I offered up Auburn. Auburn soundly beat the team you agreed would beat SC. And Auburn beat KSU in Manhattan on a Thursday night.

That is my point. Westend1 asked who has better wins than A&M. I offered up Auburn. Auburn soundly beat the team you agreed would beat SC. And Auburn beat KSU in Manhattan on a Thursday night.

You keep throwing up Kansas State - who have they played other than Auburn = Nobody (SFA, Iowa State and UTEP and damn near got beat by Iowa State) so the better win that you are giving for beating the Kansas State team is yet to be determined.

I wouldn't say that Auburn soundly beat Arkansas, it was tied at the half in that game.  One thing you can really never do is compare scores...

Once again, outside of Oregon defeating the Spartans...A&M has the most impressive win out of anybody else so far this season...

Aggies are definitely not overrated folks, they're deserving of a top 10 spot...

'I wouldn't say that Auburn soundly beat Arkansas, it was tied at the half in that game.'

So beating a team by 24 after holding them to 61 total yards in the second half is not soundly beating them?

'A&M has the most impressive win out of anybody else so far this season.'

So you are referring to A&M's win over Arkansas?

Do you honestly think Auburn would beat South Carolina 52-28 in South Carolina such as the Aggies did?  I highly doubt it honestly, but this is why we can't compare games, margin's of victory, etc.

Aggies probably would have beaten KState by 30, but Auburn barely squeaked it out...can I call that a un-quality win?

Do you honestly think Auburn would beat South Carolina 52-28 in South Carolina such as the Aggies did?  I highly doubt it honestly, but this is why we can't compare games, margin's of victory, etc.

Aggies probably would have beaten KState by 30, but Auburn barely squeaked it out...can I call that a un-quality win?

NIce deflection

'I wouldn't say that Auburn soundly beat Arkansas, it was tied at the half in that game.'

So beating a team by 24 after holding them to 61 total yards in the second half is not soundly beating them?

'A&M has the most impressive win out of anybody else so far this season.'

So you are referring to A&M's win over Arkansas?

You just starting to make some sense, and then you blew it.

SPCFBG

You keep throwing up Kansas State - who have they played other than Auburn = Nobody (SFA, Iowa State and UTEP and damn near got beat by Iowa State) so the better win that you are giving for beating the Kansas State team is yet to be determined.

agreed. How good KS is has yet to be determined. But they must be fairly good since they only lost to Auburn by 6! The further we get away from A&M's win over SC the less pretty it is. Particularly should SC struggle with Kentucky.