WOS Mustangs vs Richmond Foster Falcons

tennisbc

Richmond Foster (5A) is 4-0 and average 49 points a game and give up 12 points a game. Should be a great game. Including the link from chron.com for stats

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=219&SchoolID=&Season=2014&DistrictID=&SearchDate=09%2F19%2F14&SearchDateEnd=09%2F19%2F14&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

You have to commend WOS for playing up to a 5A d1 school but after seeing what they did to Marshall last, who's probably the d2 favorite in the region, I don't think this will be much of a contest and that's no knock on WOS. Not only did they destroy Marshall they also hammered A&M Consolidated in College Station. Many of the experts outside of Houston had A&M Con. picked as the favorite for the 5A d1 title. Elkins, who is probably the rightful #1 team in the state had to go to double OT to beat them but Foster beat them by 3 tds.

IJS, Marshall has about 10 d1 kids including a 5 star of their own and just lost by 29 at home last night. All props for WOS playing the game, it can only make you better barring injury. Southeast Texas is about to get their 2nd taste of the 5 teams from FB County I've been telling y'all about the past 6 months.

You have to commend WOS for playing up to a 5A d1 school but after seeing what they did to Marshall last, who's probably the d2 favorite in the region, I don't think this will be much of a contest and that's no knock on WOS. Not only did they destroy Marshall they also hammered A&M Consolidated in College Station. Many of the experts outside of Houston had A&M Con. picked as the favorite for the 5A d1 title. Elkins, who is probably the rightful #1 team in the state had to go to double OT to beat them but Foster beat them by 3 tds.

IJS, Marshall has about 10 d1 kids including a 5 star of their own and just lost by 29 at home last night. All props for WOS playing the game, it can only make you better barring injury. Southeast Texas is about to get their 2nd taste of the 5 teams from FB County I've been telling y'all about the past 6 months.

Fort Bend Marshall is overrated. NO coaching. Any decent coach that wathches film can beat them, same offensive plays 4 years running. Dont/Cant make adjustments either side of the ball.

* WOS has better coaching and should be able to put on a decent showing.

RF has not meet a ball control team so far this year and it shows with all the points they have put up so far. by looking at this game on paper RF should blow wo-s out of the park,they a big and strong and have speed . i just hope the mustangs can learn from this game and dont get no one hurt we need this type of game becouse we will be looking at a few teams in the playoffs like  them

I believe it was week 2 or 3. And yes Nitimitz was ranked nationally. (I think in the top 10). I belive the score was 7-3 or something like that.

Aldine MacArthur, not Nimitz and I'm quite certain it was the first game of the season. May have been the 2nd. We did play Nimitz for a couple of years but it was long before they ever became a factor in football.

Foster is firing on all cylinders.  Last year they were supposed to be beast, but George Ranch bulldozed them in the district game.  Foster did come close to beating Brenham last year in the playoffs.  Looking at who Foster has beat, WOS should be their best opponent.  Foster won't have many, if any kids playing both ways.  Should be a dandy.  Wish George Ranch would have gotten this game, instead we get to crush that team from Mexico that Barbers Hill played a few years back.

Just curious. What week was the '86 matchup between Aldine Nimitz (think it was Nimitz) and Wos. Werent they larger then Wos and nationally ranked?

It was Aldine MacArthur...  and it was 1987 and they were the #1 5A team in the state and to this day it's still the only time a 4A team knocked off a #1 5A team in Texas. We won 6-3.  And it was week 2.  We beat Aldine Nimitz 7-6 in week 1.

Fosters opponents are a combined 3-9

thanks gasilla  hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(3-9)  not alot to wright home about is it. RF  puts there money on  the williams kid  42 rushes 314 yards and the key to there passing game is  taylor   fair speed 263 yards  7 TD.  now the hard part for other teams D is trying to get to there QB  parker who is 69-44  for 657 yards and  13 TDs

Aldine MacArthur, not Nimitz and I'm quite certain it was the first game of the season. May have been the 2nd. We did play Nimitz for a couple of years but it was long before they ever became a factor in football.

You are right Gas...my mistake, lot of water under the bridge since those years..lol...it was MacArthur but I think it was the 2nd game. I think WOS played Nimitz the first game the week before. I think that's the game (Nimitz)  Brian Cleveland got injured and for a while it was unknown how long he would be out.  There was a special atmosphere in Mustang Stadium the night of the MacArthur game for sure.

You are right Gas...my mistake, lot of water under the bridge since those years..lol...it was MacArthur but I think it was the 2nd game. I think WOS played Nimitz the first game the week before. I think that's the game (Nimitz) Brian Cleveland got injured and for a while it was unknown how long he would be out. There was a special atmosphere in Mustang Stadium the night of the MacArthur game for sure.

Thought they played that one in Houston somewhere. Although i was at that game watching my sister with the fillies, I was 5 so my memory might not be that spot on. Lol