CE King 62 Dayton 17/Final

bronco pride

As expected, the Dayton defense once again gives up over 600 total yards, 527 of which came on the ground. I know this has nothing to so with it, the scoreboard is the only thing that matters.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=213218&TeamID=144&SearchType=Teams

Congrats CEK  very well played game. Y'all deserved the win and good luck rest of the season.

That is by far the best CEK team I have ever seen play. Every player on both sides of the ball are very well coached and very athletic and I really mean that I believe you or Crosby will be playing for DC.

Dayton was out coached almost every play and don't blame it on the players I saw them looking to the sidelines several times tonight for the right call and some kind of support from the coaching staff and nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said this 4 years ago and I'll say it again. You need to get the players respect for them to play for you and that hasn't happened. Big Stew was a motivator and never put the blame on his players for issues on the field unless they were drawing penalty flags. He talked to his coaching staff and would get the issues resolved and if Dayton lost it wasn't from being out coached and running the same 5 plays over and over again if it wasn't working. for the most part he would always have an ace in the hole.

I also realize that you are not always going to have all these amazing players as in the past, but what's happened over the past 4yrs. since our head coaching job was handed down has gone down as well. I remember hearing that Stews system was going to stay in Dayton's program and that's not I see and I'm not the only fan sitting at these games seeing the same thing, I guess I shouldn't being saying this but tired of seeing it and I'm not a fair weather fan I for the most part have made every game but 3 in 8 years. I'm hoping not to offend anyone but it is what is, fix coaching issues then get the kids respect so that they want to play for you then it will all fall into place and Dayton will be Dayton again. I don't remember looking this bad when SC came to town.

I hope next weeks game looks better and we improve so we make it to the play-offs.

Go Broncos 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

I heard liltex was at the West Hardin game....

No sadly I was @ Dayt and last person to leave.#1 If Broncos come out of the tunnel w/o showing they're inspired then they're beat before kickoff.Only thing that kept King from scoring 80 was they played alot of subs starting 2nd half.King has plenty talent,sadly Dayt not prepared.WTH 42-7 w/8 1/2 min left 3rd qtr,ball on 16 yd line & kick a 26 yd FG.I totally lost the last bit of confidence RIGHT THERE.Fans left fast for the isles.Cannot point out any area that looked good enuff tonight to be considered a team that could make the watered down 4 playoff spots.3 words come to mind=we sucked tonight.Next week play BH,that game may decide Dayton's fate if we start dist 0-2.Had't lost my steak bet yet w/Cougarcal & Cougar14 but looks like a made a bad bet right bout now.Crow raw for me tonight

I just wished Porter or New Caney were putting up these gawdy numbers like King so all you Crosby haters would have more than one team to let Crosby know "better watch out for this team or that team". It don't matter folks who you line up against the twin less 2014 Crosby Cougars we have better athletes. So no matter how you fair weather fans want to bash your defensive coaches or how inept your offense is, the bottom line is the coach don't play the players do.

congtats y'all got a heck of a coach and some nasty talent. Ernie Starnes was a close family friend and I think Price will have these kids playing ball like he did.

I think he's also going to start to get so e transfers. There isn't really a good football school in the northeast corner of the city plus now their district extends south of 90 so they have a growing enrollment. They're also playing pretty good defense who his being overshadowed by their offensive numbers. They're in prime position to make a run.

I just wished Porter or New Caney were putting up these gawdy numbers like King so all you Crosby haters would have more than one team to let Crosby know "better watch out for this team or that team". It don't matter folks who you line up against the twin less 2014 Crosby Cougars we have better athletes. So no matter how you fair weather fans want to bash your defensive coaches or how inept your offense is, the bottom line is the coach don't play the players do.

if you don't think coaching makes a difference then you don't know much about football. If you went by your theory then dayton has had better athletes than Crosby and King for the better part of the last 18 years which I don't believe. I do think dayton had better coaching and that was the difference.