Baseball incoming Freshman

Guest Kelly Football

Baseball incoming Freshman

Who are the Freshman that will be difference makers at the Varsity level in Baseball this year .

probably nobody at the bigger schools. This is my opinion... Dont move a freshman up to a varsity level, simply because the lack of experience. Another big thing is this, say the kids a pitcher... he gets rocked his first year; what does that do for the next couple of years? It takes his confidence away. Always have your freshman players start off on a sophomore of jv team!

Guest BRUINBBALL

probably nobody at the bigger schools. This is my opinion... Dont move a freshman up to a varsity level, simply because the lack of experience. Another big thing is this, say the kids a pitcher... he gets rocked his first year; what does that do for the next couple of years? It takes his confidence away. Always have your freshman players start off on a sophomore of jv team!

Well said 89.

Or you can be like Katy was last year and go to the state tournament with 3 freshman starting...I realize this may have been the exception to the rule, but if they are your best, play them.....

• 2 weeks later...

.............But why penalize a talented, experienced player because of his age alone?...........................

How much more experience does a freshman have then a senior?  I think every high school player that I have known started in PeeWee league just like the rest of them. I would say that each senior probably has three years more experience that each freshman.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest freshmanphenom

trey hester is also a good incoming one from vidor.. the kid can hit and he can pitch.. also jace statum and jacob felts these guys are lagit. felts has the potential to be very good .. statum has blazing speed and is a good hitter..

Guest dogfan00

i played against hicks in all-star games and he was awsome back then but havent seen him play in a couple of years so i dont know how good he is but from all the talk i hear he is really good

Well lets see...........Hamshire Fannett had all of 3 freshman try out for their baseball team.  We went from three teams last year, to barely being able to field a jv and varsity team.  That doesn't say much for our baseball program.  Its looking pretty bleak for the years to come.  By the way, one of the 3 freshman quit already.   

Well lets see...........Hamshire Fannett had all of 3 freshman try out for their baseball team.  We went from three teams last year, to barely being able to field a jv and varsity team.  That doesn't say much for our baseball program.  Its looking pretty bleak for the years to come.  By the way, one of the 3 freshman quit already.   

Three freshman, come on, there has to be more than that?

Lack of experiece should no longer be a concern for most of the freshman that have varsity ability. These guys play year round baseball these days all over the country. They have seen just about everything theyre going to see in a varsity game already before the season even starts. If they are a pitcher, chances are theyve already thrown in bigger games than a non-district game agaisnt some high school team... Most of these guys play all summer long once high school baseball is over. They see all kinds of stuff and are put in all kinds of situations. If the kids good enough to be there, put him there.

Kane Benoit from PNG and Matt Hicks from BC are for real ball players. Outstanding fielders, good hitters, and mentally sharp. They will be special players for years to come.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder