TICKED OFF DAD-SO LET'S GET STUFF CLEAR

MAYFIELD

Mayfield, I bleed purple and white and unfortunately my nieces and nephews all go to Nederland (we're still, praying for them). I called my sister after reading this post and she and my nephew think the world of your boys. Bottom line, I love to see hardcore emotion in the heat of battle from all of these young men. It tells me that kid has a desire to win and leave it all on the field. That they have sense of pride and will protect what's theirs at all costs. I don't know what happened nor does it really matter. All that matters is you keep your cool when you come face-to-face with whomever said what. Be the man your boys expect you to be and you my friend, will be better because of it. Much love....Go Indians!!

You know in life people can push and push, and you think you have to stand your ground. In most instances you do, but today a kid who one called a thug said to me in a calm voice. He said daddy just move aside and let all that hit the ground. In shock I asked what that means, if you move from in front of the nonsense, it will land where it belongs. Wow never to old to learn, and never know who you will learn it from. Thank everyone who know the real Leon, and know he is just a big kid learning. Love #1 #7

Mr. Mayfield both of your kids are good kids, I helped coached Tavian in youth the year he fell on his arm at practice and broke it..I had a chance to get to know you and Tavian....Leon plays the game with passion ..Most of these tree hugging pantie waste people around here do not realize you can not be good at the game if their is no passion...Great Kids you got there Mr. mayfield.....Bubba Sonnier

Jaron is missed in Nederland just as much as he misses Nederland! He is a really good kid same as Leon and Tavian. I saw something Friday night after this incident that made me even more proud to be a Bulldog. When Leon came off of the field, you knew he was mad, but he walked over to Crommett and  Coach Crommett put his arm around Leon and at that moment you knew exactly what kind of bond these kids have with their coaches, that to me speaks volumes about our program!

That was the first question my wife asked Leon was, Who was that coach that came and hugged you. Much love to Coach Crommett, and for the way you help Leon in the world of earning things. Thanks to my setxsports family for the love, but i am moving out it's way. Today is Wednesday and my Dogs need a VICTORY. LETS GET BACK TO FOOTBALL.Where My Dogs At

That was the first question my wife asked Leon was, Who was that coach that came and hugged you. Much love to Coach Crommett, and for the way you help Leon in the world of earning things. Thanks to my setxsports family for the love, but i am moving out it's way. Today is Wednesday and my Dogs need a VICTORY. LETS GET BACK TO FOOTBALL.Where My Dogs At

In the big scheme of things(Panther Supporter) we're All a part of SETX sports, so your Dogs are here. Go Big Ned!!

Sounds like a pretty mature response he gave you there, dad and something to be proud of...talking about kids in a negative way on here is pretty dumb IMO...people forget that they are in fact, just that, kids...learn, move on, and keep playing hard, young man...this Dog fan is pulling for you and all of the Bulldogs...go get yourselves a "W" this Friday!

My boys are born and raised in Nederland, and Is Jaron Johnson a 3rd stringer. I would guarantee you neither one would be a 3rd for Titans maybe next year you get to see if my lil one move with me.

They have P.A. pedigree that's why, just like Johnson. It's not where you're born, it's what's running through your veins.

I mean because he a Black Kid and lost his cool he a Thug. I mean this hurt because I moved and shielded my kids from that life I grew up in. Then to have a kid with his kind of heart and passion get called a THUG. There are family members they don't know because I didn't need that for my boys and for them to say that. MAN

So you read this forum and look at all of those that make remarks and replys,  some are educated some are just heckling to get a rise from others.

I know the mayfield kids from events in the community as well as from school functions. Neither of the two have ever demonstrated any type of action that would make me look at them as anything other than fine young men as they grow up.

It saddens me to know that during this post a reference to race was mentioned  and only mentioned by the parent.  Be it as it may and the level of frustration that you may have  race should not be a factor, this forum is based on the support of kids.....

We do need to remember that there will be ocassions when our very own are attacked, its is the adults that have to drive the point of some time our decisions are not the best learn from it and move forwards.

That is what create the stuarts of great sportsmanship.   Mayfield, know that more pull for your kids than have knocked that one event

So you read this forum and look at all of those that make remarks and replys,  some are educated some are just heckling to get a rise from others.

I know the mayfield kids from events in the community as well as from school functions. Neither of the two have ever demonstrated any type of action that would make me look at them as anything other than fine young men as they grow up.

It saddens me to know that during this post a reference to race was mentioned  and only mentioned by the parent.  Be it as it may and the level of frustration that you may have  race should not be a factor, this forum is based on the support of kids.....

We do need to remember that there will be ocassions when our very own are attacked, its is the adults that have to drive the point of some time our decisions are not the best learn from it and move forwards.

That is what create the stuarts of great sportsmanship.   Mayfield, know that more pull for your kids than have knocked that one event

OK  I not sure exactly what you trying to say at the end, but I mentioned race because I got clarification of who said what, and how it was said. I also could have stayed mad and handled things the wrong way, or talk to my son let him know he hurt his team, let it go and move on.

Once again i clarified the statement even though I didn't say their names, but I moved on from it. 

Just reading  this topic.  I am both ashamed and embarrassed that someone would call your sons or son a thug.  It is a shame that people are still so utterly prejudice.  I watched your sons passion for the game last week.  Yes he was frustrated, But no more than any other boy I've seen at his boiling point.  God bless Mayfield.  You have every right to defend your son. 

Just no words for someone who calls one of these fine young men who go play their hearts out on a Friday night for our entertainment.....a "THUG"!  Mayfield, I would consider the source, and move on. I don't know your son, but everything I have heard about him is nothing but positive! Some people are just cruel and could care less...to me, these are the "THUGS!"  Put it behind you and move forward.....!