What's the best local game you've witnessed??

I have a few ..

1997- Ned vs Dayton -Bi-district -  A LOT of mouthing going on the message boards, but Ned put the 31-0 whipping on them.

2001 - Ned vs Magnolia in the Regional quarterfinals - we won with a FG at the end of the game 20-19.  Heart attack back and forth game.

2001 - Ned vs Friendswood - Regional semifinals- #2 ranked team in state and we took them to the woodshed.  12th man was so loud that the Friendswood QB and O-line had multiple false start penalties.

2005-  MCM after Rita

2008- Ned vs Friendswood -  Double OT win after the game the year before that we lost in double OT.

Dayton vs LaMarque 1998 3rd round in the Astrodome

Dayton vs Kerrville tivy 2008 semi finals 31-28 FG as time expires.

Dayton vs Huntsville 1985 lost 26-19 with 3 TD called back. This game decide DC.

Dayton vs Liberty 1986 won 61-20.

Dayton vs BH 1984 6-7. only time our class lost to BH.

Dayton vs CEK 1986 won 16-13. I kicked 28 yrd FG with a minute left in the game to win it.

Dayton vs Central 2007 20-0. First time in over 20 years Central was shut out.

And of course Dayton vs Nederland 2007 63-0 in Neferland.

Yep. WOS was #1 in the state at the time. WOS was ahead 28-14 in the 3rd, then we scored to make it 28-21. Next play from scrimmage, WOS's Bruce Avery broke 6 tackles for a 80yd TD run making it 35-29.
We came down the field and scored. Faked the Xtra point and made it 35-29.
We recovered an onside kick. A few plays later, we went ahead 36-35 with :44 remaining.
WOS completed (only) their 2nd pass of the night on a 79 yd bomb and beat us 42-36.

Bruce Aven. Went on to a great career at Lamar and had a couple of decent seasons in the Bigs. My favorite was the year he batted in the 3 hole and Kevin Millar batted in cleanup for the Marlins. He won a state championship coaching baseball last year (or year before) at a private school outside of Miami. Helluva an athlete and a better guy.

Not sure of the year, but I believe Long was QB for PNG so it was early 2000s. PNG was lined up to kick the game winner in MCM and kicker missed it wide left..

The Nederland-Pearland Dawson game in 2012 was the most exciting game for me. Nederland had to overcome a lot in that second half and still found a way to win.

I would also include the 2000 Nederland against Bay City playoff game... That one still hurts. Nederland had state locked up if they could've got by Bay City. (p.s. I still think we got in to the end zone)

Longs last year was 99 and they whooped Nederland that year.

Since its locals only, there has never been a game more thrilling than the battle for the DC in week 10 2009 at the Babe (PNG/Central). PNG blocks xp, Kerr or Benoit (don't member) catches it mid air and laterals to Dunbar who returns it 103 yards for two to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!!
I thought that old stadium was gonna fall down that night just as sure as I thought they'd catch Dre around the 20. Neither happened. 12 seconds of pure adrenaline. And that folks is why we love watching Friday Night Football.

Longs last year was 99 and they whooped Nederland that year.

Since its locals only, there has never been a game more thrilling than the battle for the DC in week 10 2009 at the Babe (PNG/Central). PNG blocks xp, Kerr or Benoit (don't member) catches it mid air and laterals to Dunbar who returns it 103 yards for two to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!!!
I thought that old stadium was gonna fall down that night just as sure as I thought they'd catch Dre around the 20. Neither happened. 12 seconds of pure adrenaline. And that folks is why we love watching Friday Night Football.

I hate when y'all bring back painful memories like that. Lol

How it bounced off our guys face mask and landed into the hands of the fastest player on our team, is a pure miracle. Here you go. Enjoy!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CEe5feza1I

Jasper-Gilmer I think 2004

Jasper-West Orange 2013

Newton-Silsbee I think 2008 Newton scored late to go up by 1 and Silsbee missed a 40 yard field goal on last play.

Newton- Silsbee in 2010 Newton scored with seconds to go in game and was down by 1 and went for 2 points and didn't make it. all four games came down to the final seconds. jmo