Clear Lake vs Nederland

Michele

Yes. Wait What?

We don't have the talent for this type of offense IMO. Sage can run it but we seem to be lacking wr production as well. Now the question asked in this topic was If they should move Sage. Now IMO I know that Tavian is the most athletic qb for this offense if they going to run it without Sage. Not taking away from none of our qb's I know Tavian can play it that's all.

I think Ned is overreacting just a little. This is not as good of team as Ned has fielded the last 3-4 years lets just be honest. Now having said that what I saw at the dayton game was a team that had 20 freakin penalties and 4 turnovers not to mention a ton of dropped passes and was still in the game in the 4th quarter. Ned with all that I mentioned above still had almost 450 yds of offense which is crazy. I think if Ned just cleans their game up and plays smart ball they will be right in the mix for a playoff spot. Everything I mentioned above is fixable and I think Neuman will fix those issues and the kids that can't catch passes and continually get penalized will probably be replaced.

We don't have the talent for this type of offense IMO. Sage can run it but we seem to be lacking wr production as well. Now the question asked in this topic was If they should move Sage. Now IMO I know that Tavian is the most athletic qb for this offense if they going to run it without Sage. Not taking away from none of our qb's I know Tavian can play it that's all.

It sounds like it is all about your kids. Football is an ultimate team sport and you have to be unselfish. There many players that can play May positions, the question is where do they play to help the team to be successful. That is where your kids need to play. Wherever they help the team. You are just a dad that thinks they kid should play certain position, instead of supporting the team. That vibe filters to the kids whether you believe it are not. From what I have seen, tavian is playing well on def. that's where he needs to be if that's where is helping.

It sounds like it is all about your kids. Football is an ultimate team sport and you have to be unselfish. There many players that can play May positions, the question is where do they play to help the team to be successful. That is where your kids need to play. Wherever they help the team. You are just a dad that thinks they kid should play certain position, instead of supporting the team. That vibe filters to the kids whether you believe it are not. From what I have seen, tavian is playing well on def. that's where he needs to be if that's where is helping.

I can be selfish I don't play, now as far as Tavian he playing team ball. And to be honest like I said Tavian at defense is a gift to him putting in the work to learn the position. I still say and I guess you never saw him at qb say, the kid can play the position because that's what he knows.

Do you think they are really considering moving Sage back to WR and Safety and giving our back up a shot at the QB spot?

No... IMO, you want your best playmaker to have the ball in his hands as much as possible.. That said, I haven't seen the other QBs and I don't know Sage from Adam, so this is just an opinion. Neumann knows what he's doing though, so the second he feels Seay is more valuable elsewhere, he will pull the trigger.. After all these years, I trust his judgement..

The backup QB seems capable and if you give him a big target on the outside like Seay it will only help him.   Also you can still run Sage out of different sets like a wilddog or reverses, etc.  It would definitely stretch the defense out more and open up the run game if they have to defend him at WR.

Bronco Pride hit it on the head, take away the dropped passes, clean up at least half the penalties and we have a good chance to win the game. The guys on defense still have to tackle better. Passes were thrown to 7 or 8 different guys....most teams don't do that.....Good thing all the arm chair QB's are just that otherwise the Dogs would really be in trouble. We've only had two games, and we played against 2 really good teams, you guys need to back off the knee jerk reacting...just let Neumann do his thing.

Heads up Nederland fans. Get prepared to hear "45 on the tackle" alllll damn night. That kid was in on every tackle. Even down field. #44 werent to bad either. They got a huge WR #19 I think. Kids 6'4 230, but they had trouble getting him the ball.
I think Nedrland will struggle running against them like we did, but will have success through the air. Big question will be will the Dogs defense stop there two RBs. If so...Big W for the Dogs.