Port Neches-Groves 27 West Orange-Stark 33/Final/OT

WOSgrad

Yea. I was wndering the same thing. Only thing I could figure is hes young only A soph. He is still learning to use that big body. All hes gotta do is watch 13 who in my oppinion uses his big frame to make himself open even when he is covered.

he needs to learn to use his hands to catch before worrying about using his body

I was at Dan Hooks stadium last night to witness the WOS comeback. Being a Mustang fan and sitting on the PNG sideline was a little tough. We did receive some questionable calls in the 2nd half, but they'd no doubt that the Indians got the calls in the first half. So that evened out in my opinion. The adjustments WOS made at the half were obviously the difference on the game. They jammed the receivers and crammed the box playing man to man w no help over the top. It was fun to watch. The constant pressure on three Groves qb became too much. But here's my problem. I over heard several people around me attacking WOS db, Devonte Thompsons character and sportsmanship on the field. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I guess none of you seen the constant chippy and cheap shots the wr's from Groves were constantly giving him. Almost every play that didn't go his direction it seems thatsomeone would take s shot at him close to the whistle and 30yds from the play. That's D league trash stuff. Of course he was getting frustrated and mouthy. Thompson is an excellent player and even better person. Last night i saw him walk to the PNG sideline between plays to shake the hands and talk to 2 boys that looked to be 7 or 8 yrs old. The smile on their faces could be seen all the easy on the top row of the stadium. Its little things like those that make me respect him as a person even more. And at the end of the day these are still high school were talking about here, gives him a break. I'm proud of the character and guts all the mustangs showed last night, what an awesome win

I was at Dan Hooks stadium last night to witness the WOS comeback. Being a Mustang fan and sitting on the PNG sideline was a little tough. We did receive some questionable calls in the 2nd half, but they'd no doubt that the Indians got the calls in the first half. So that evened out in my opinion. The adjustments WOS made at the half were obviously the difference on the game. They jammed the receivers and crammed the box playing man to man w no help over the top. It was fun to watch. The constant pressure on three Groves qb became too much. But here's my problem. I over heard several people around me attacking WOS db, Devonte Thompsons character and sportsmanship on the field. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. I guess none of you seen the constant chippy and cheap shots the wr's from Groves were constantly giving him. Almost every play that didn't go his direction it seems thatsomeone would take s shot at him close to the whistle and 30yds from the play. That's D league trash stuff. Of course he was getting frustrated and mouthy. Thompson is an excellent player and even better person. Last night i saw him walk to the PNG sideline between plays to shake the hands and talk to 2 boys that looked to be 7 or 8 yrs old. The smile on their faces could be seen all the easy on the top row of the stadium. Its little things like those that make me respect him as a person even more. And at the end of the day these are still high school were talking about here, gives him a break. I'm proud of the character and guts all the mustangs showed last night, what an awesome win

Good post. DT is an awesome kid from an awesome family. 

I know it was a tough, hard fought game. He is a very classy person and a true leader on and off the field. 

Just a FYI DT was selected to the USA National team and played against the Canadian team and guess who the head coach was, it was PNG's Coach Faircloth. So they know each other and him talking to coach on the sidelines was probably not negative in nature. I know this because I was there with my son on the other US team and spoke to DT he is a good kid with respect for coaches. The boys from both teams have been on twitter congratulating each other on such a great game and that shows just how great both teams really are. Athletes are competitive and they will get chippy during games, but in the end both teams respect each other and hope they have a great year. We as adults should used this example and move on getting ready for our next opponent.

Good post Jacksonslade, for some reason I think I know you.  Great game from two great teams.

Here's a little trivia I found interesting... In one of these threads someone mentioned that they thought Morse reminded them of Dustin Long, and Morse is also wearing the #17 jersey. We all love Dustin Long for taking us to state all those years ago, but does anyone know who handed us our only loss that season (other than the state champion)???

That would be none other than....WOS!

I look forward to seeing what the Indians take away from this game, and how they perform the rest of the season as a result of it.

You have a very good team PNG.After the first half I didn't know if we were going to be able to stop you.All I knew was what it was going to take to do that and that seemed questionable.Coach T had the answer and the kids did their part.I think all the false starts and us being able to get to Morse did you in.I swear I have never seen a crew of refs that seem to have no clue.They must have been using that common core math.lol.I had said this game was a toss up imo and it did not disappoint.