Beaumont Ozen 21 Beaumont West Brook 42/Final

WOSgrad

The score was closer than it should have been. I haven't seen the stats, but WB had as many yards in penalties, as the offense gained. Absolutely horrible. The two scores in the 3rd, for Ozen, we're both on personal fouls penalties that put the Panthers inside the 10. So, those scores were basically give me scores. Flanagan once again, has shown his inability to make halftime adjustments, or any game time adjustments, for that matter. He had a great game plan, to start the game, but for the second week in a row, he failed to make adjustments, and allowed the opposition to move the ball better, thus letting points get on the board. That game could have been a repeat of the PAM game, from last week, as WB could have easily hung 50 points, on them, and shut them out, too. The better teams we will face, will make us pay for not being able to make adjustments on the fly. The Beaumont Bowl trophy is nice, but I want a bigger trophy.

The score was closer than it should have been. I haven't seen the stats, but WB had as many yards in penalties, as the offense gained. Absolutely horrible. The two scores in the 3rd, for Ozen, we're both on personal fouls penalties that put the Panthers inside the 10. So, those scores were basically give me scores. Flanagan once again, has shown his inability to make halftime adjustments, or any game time adjustments, for that matter. He had a great game plan, to start the game, but for the second week in a row, he failed to make adjustments, and allowed the opposition to move the ball better, thus letting points get on the board. That game could have been a repeat of the PAM game, from last week, as WB could have easily hung 50 points, on them, and shut them out, too. The better teams we will face, will make us pay for not being able to make adjustments on the fly. The Beaumont Bowl trophy is nice, but I want a bigger trophy.

I'm no fan of Flannigan but, its hard to make adjustments when you only have 9 coaches, coaching a 6A football team. Last week he had no coaches in the pressbox and I'm sure it was like that last night. Its crazy! I have no idea what our dumb arse AD is doing in Beaumont. That's who needs to be fired.

I'm no fan of Flannigan but, its hard to make adjustments when you only have 9 coaches, coaching a 6A football team. Last week he had no coaches in the pressbox and I'm sure it was like that last night. Its crazy! I have no idea what our dumb arse AD is doing in Beaumont. That's who needs to be fired.

I agree 100% with your last sentence we need someone who knows how to pick the right coaches

If they could have hung 50 they would have. I agree Ozen has a lot of work to do, but since we're talking "if's" what if Ozen didn't have so many TO's to give WB scoring opportunities. I've said it many times, given the circumstances surrounding Ozen not many Teams would have much success. Not to mention the tough preseason schedule they play. Not making excuses, just stating the obvious.

No coaches up top???

If they could have hung 50 they would have. I agree Ozen has a lot of work to do, but since we're talking "if's" what if Ozen didn't have so many TO's to give WB scoring opportunities. I've said it many times, given the circumstances surrounding Ozen not many Teams would have much success. Not to mention the tough preseason schedule they play. Not making excuses, just stating the obvious.

Well stated, give these young men from Ozen some credit. WB didn't give them anything, they earned those 21 points. Just as their opponent did, they didn't quit against PAM & certainly played harder last night. With a few adjustments and minimizing their mistakes, they will get better. Anyone, that has gone through the adversity the Panthers have experienced. Especially, with multiple head coaches within the past year would understand. Hold your heads up Panthers a change will come.

West brook total of 11 coaches 9th - varsity
Ozen 7 coaches 9th - varsity
Central 17 9th - varsity
Seams fair........ Not

West brook total of 11 coaches 9th - varsity
Ozen 7 coaches 9th - varsity
Central 17 9th - varsity
Seams fair........ Not

why does Central need 17 football coaches??

Ozen will be ok they may even get a payoff spot, most or no team in district will have depth like the two 6a teams they played.

my God man stop with this trash!! the problem is, kids don't want to play football for central  and ozen!!! when you looked across the field at PAM and WB, those are 5a(old 4a) numbers they suiting up!! brook and PAM keep two jv's and slowly work people up through the year. unlike Manvel, NS or Katy who in the preaseason pack 60 kids easy!! the problem is you guys suite about as many as WO-S or a 4a(3a)!! when you suit up 30 or less kids and you are 5a, it's YOU not the classification!!

my God man stop with this trash!! the problem is, kids don't want to play football for central  and ozen!!! when you looked across the field at PAM and WB, those are 5a(old 4a) numbers they suiting up!! brook and PAM keep two jv's and slowly work people up through the year. unlike Manvel, NS or Katy who in the preaseason pack 60 kids easy!! the problem is you guys suite about as many as WO-S or a 4a(3a)!! when you suit up 30 or less kids and you are 5a, it's YOU not the classification!!

I agree.

Don't get me started on this because if you know the history, WB would not be anything without the kids from the Pear Orchard, South Park and South End and now even North End kids attending there. Remember Forest Park was there first and was not very productive on the gridiron. Hebert H.S. kids were bussed there and already was a football power-house which gave them their 1st and only State Championship. If these schools were to have all their students attend schools in their neighborhoods then this story would be much different. Ozen has apartments next door to the west of them, some 6 streets north of them, 2 apartments 3 blocks away and all of the students who live near Fehl Elementary which is about 10 blocks away all zoned to WB, tell me why and how is this justifiable? Somethings in my opinion are designed to fail!

They had plenty of coachs at west brook that this current coach brought in his first year and when they left he added new ones and when they left it should show his lack of ability to hold a coaching staff together!! Just ask a few of the coachs that went to other area schools around us ( central, memorial, lumberton) why they left and you will find it had nothing to do with administration.

Well Mouse not much I can say because you did beat us Friday but Central has two 9th grade team two jv's and more on Var then PA we're just young and a second year coach.
Ps Central is not changing there schedule SOON! so see you next year at the BUTCH and Mouse your team is good hope you win the district but I can't say,see West Brook beat us by 4 you guys only won by 3, It looks like West Brook may win your district. :)

What makes you think kids don't want to play for Central? I didn't count the heads the other night but according to the roster on the team website, there are 45 on Varsity. Seems like a decent number to being that it takes 22 to get a starting offense and defense. Plus like UNDERSTAND said Central has 2 Freshman and 2 JV teams. That tells me plenty of kids are coming out for the football program...

Now in MY and I say MY opinion, Ozen should have never been created. Beaumont should be a 2 high school town. The district wants to save money, go back to 2 high schools...

What makes you think kids don't want to play for Central? I didn't count the heads the other night but according to the roster on the team website, there are 45 on Varsity. Seems like a decent number to being that it takes 22 to get a starting offense and defense. Plus like UNDERSTAND said Central has 2 Freshman and 2 JV teams. That tells me plenty of kids are coming out for the football program...

Now in MY and I say MY opinion, Ozen should have never been created. Beaumont should be a 2 high school town. The district wants to save money, go back to 2 high schools...

I agree 100%. Beaumont ISD should be just a two high school district.

Well Mouse not much I can say because you did beat us Friday but Central has two 9th grade team two jv's and more on Var then PA we're just young and a second year coach.Ps Central is not changing there schedule SOON! so see you next year at the BUTCH and Mouse your team is good hope you win the district but I can't say,see West Brook beat us by 4 you guys only won by 3, It looks like West Brook may win your district. :)

WB might not make the playoffs let alone win district, in-game and 2nd half adjustments are critical playing in 21-6a. Its Memorial then everybody else as of right now and the front runner in the everybody else category is Channelview IMO.

WB might not make the playoffs let alone win district, in-game and 2nd half adjustments are critical playing in 21-6a. Its Memorial then everybody else as of right now and the front runner in the everybody else category is Channelview IMO.

Man I love reading your s- , but you guys better learn how to throw that ball( adjustments )