Week 2 Polls

PhatMack19

And that very fact is why we have a solid chance of putting two SEC teams in the playoffs IF the season plays out the right way.

Sorry, that's not going to happen this year. If you can't win your conference, you will not be in the playoff.

As long as they are going to label 5 Power Conferences, they have to keep 3 of  the other 4 happy. One team is getting screwed as it is in a 4 team playoff.

Sorry, that's not going to happen this year. If you can't win your conference, you will not be in the playoff.

As long as they are going to label 5 Power Conferences, they have to keep 3 of  the other 4 happy. One team is getting screwed as it is in a 4 team playoff.

And an SEC rematch in the national championship was impossible in the BCS era.

I didn't say it was likely. I just said there's a solid chance. We'll see how things work out.

And an SEC rematch in the national championship was impossible in the BCS era.

I didn't say it was likely. I just said there's a solid chance. We'll see how things work out.

That re-match should have never happened.

With a 4 team playoff, If you have a Conference Championship game (and ALL Power 5 Conferences should be required to have a Championship game), that should be Round 1 of the playoff. If you lose the first round, you should NOT play in the Final round.

That re-match should have never happened.

With a 4 team playoff, If you have a Conference Championship game (and ALL Power 5 Conferences should be required to have a Championship game), that should be Round 1 of the playoff. If you lose the first round, you should NOT play in the Final round.

Whether or not it should have happened is irrelevant. I may personally disagree with that assertion, but regardless of what you or I think, the fact of the matter is that it did happen.

As for the playoff, we now have a thirteen member committee deciding which teams get in and which don't. You may very well be right in saying that this committee won't let two teams from the same conference get into the playoff in an attempt to add legitimacy to what is, in my opinion, a bogus system. But if you're correct, then that essentially means politics, and not skill, talent, record versus strength of schedule or any objective criteria, will be deciding who gets to compete for the acclaim of the country's best team. If you ask me, that's worse than the BCS.

SEC WEST has 5 teams in the Top 15!!!!!
SEC has 6 teams in the Top 15!!
8 Teams Total in Top 25... Top Heavy Conference IMO! Hmmm

Don't worry folks as we will beat up on each other in conference play! To be the BEST you have to PLAY the BEST!! Above is why I don't care about the nonconference schedule "Big Game Bob" as its irrelevant in the SEC!!! BTHO LAMAR

GIG'EM

Whether or not it should have happened is irrelevant. I may personally disagree with that assertion, but regardless of what you or I think, the fact of the matter is that it did happen.

As for the playoff, we now have a thirteen member committee deciding which teams get in and which don't. You may very well be right in saying that this committee won't let two teams from the same conference get into the playoff in an attempt to add legitimacy to what is, in my opinion, a bogus system. But if you're correct, then that essentially means politics, and not skill, talent, record versus strength of schedule or any objective criteria, will be deciding who gets to compete for the acclaim of the country's best team. If you ask me, that's worse than the BCS.

It's all politics. Are you saying that the ranking systems are without flaw? It is someone's opinion about who the top 25 teams are. There is very little based on fact.

The only way to decide a national champion is to set a bracket and play the games. How many teams are in that bracket will once again bring politics and financial influence into the equation.

For what it's worth, here's my suggestion:

They need to identify 4 regional conferences with 11 teams in each: USA North, USA South, USA East, and USA West. Play a 10 game season only against the teams in your conference. The Regional Champs would be the Final Four and play out the Championship. Put all the tv money in one pot and divide it up. Those teams outside this setup would fend for themselves.

It's week two. Talk to us again in week 11

Guess you didn't read this: Don't worry folks as we will beat up on each other in conference play! To be the BEST you have to PLAY the BEST!! Above is why I don't care about the nonconference schedule "Big Game Bob" as its irrelevant in the SEC!!! BTHO LAMAR

GIG'EM

Because it's more fun than working all day!

Of course, just had to ask.

Where is the getting whipped line drawn? You lose, you got whipped. I don't need to mince words.

I thought Ags should have moved to about 15 and SC right below. A jump from 21 to 9 is unusual, but if you read my thread about all the games I saw, it will fit.

It's all politics. Are you saying that the ranking systems are without flaw? It is someone's opinion about who the top 25 teams are. There is very little based on fact.

The only way to decide a national champion is to set a bracket and play the games. How many teams are in that bracket will once again bring politics and financial influence into the equation.

For what it's worth, here's my suggestion:

They need to identify 4 regional conferences with 11 teams in each: USA North, USA South, USA East, and USA West. Play a 10 game season only against the teams in your conference. The Regional Champs would be the Final Four and play out the Championship. Put all the tv money in one pot and divide it up. Those teams outside this setup would fend for themselves.

No, I'm not saying that the ranking systems are without flaws. No system is perfect. But at least with the BCS, you had a ranking system that statistically accounted for all of the major ranking systems, both those based on human opinion (i.e. the AP and Coaches polls) and those based on hard data (all the different computer polls). That, in my opinion, is about as close to an objective opinion as you can possibly get, and certainly much closer than the opinion of some thirteen member committee.

As for your suggestion, I made a long post on here about three years ago advocating an eight team playoff system. The five power conference champions plus the three highest ranked teams that aren't conference champs. Keep the BCS system of rankings. I thought then and still think now that it's the only way to really have a playoff that accounts for everyone's concerns.