Top Ten Texas High School Football Stadiums According to Comcast

http://www.csnhouston.com/media_gallery/top-10-high-school-football-stadiums-texas#slide-7

It's not every day that Comcast's sports network decides to rank the top ten high school football stadiums in Texas. But when they do, they make sure they include Indian Stadium at the Reservation.

Stay purple, my friends.

I don't know the criterion but this ranking is a joke. Berry center and Round Rock ISD should be 1 and 2. The Allen stadium should be disqualified and the Tomato Bowl is not in the discussion despite the nostalgia.

Indian Stadium is nice for this area, but if you go to some in the Dallas area or look on Texas Bob website, Indian stadium wouldn't be in the top 25. Just looking through the website and seeing for myself, I found atleast 30 that was just as nice or way nicer then Indian stadium. I'm not bashing PNG, just stating that there are super nice stadiums out there. Northwest ISD in Justin is really nice. If you haven't seen that one, check it out.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=299

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/index.html

Indian Stadium is nice for this area, but if you go to some in the Dallas area or look on Texas Bob website, Indian stadium wouldn't be in the top 25. Just looking through the website and seeing for myself, I found atleast 30 that was just as nice or way nicer then Indian stadium. I'm not bashing PNG, just stating that there are super nice stadiums out there. Northwest ISD in Justin is really nice. If you haven't seen that one, check it out.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=299

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/index.html

I used to pass by that Northwest ISD stadium alot, its really nice, but traffic after games is terrible.

Whoa there Abe Martin Stadium bashers, what's the problem -- you from Nacogdoches or something.  Abe Martin Stadium has been there since the 70s and has hosted some real talent and great games.  The article didnt say they had to be the nicest stadiums just the best.  If you've never been there during a home game, late in the fourth quarter, when the Panther's are driving for a game winning score, and the band is playing "Strivin'" then you have missed one of the great high school football experiences.  Not to mention that the game hosted one of the great high school rivalries ever (Lufkin v. Nac). The stadium may not be as nice as the new ones, but the place is one of the greats.

BTW, Tyler's Rose stadium deserves to be on the list.  Earl Campbells home stadium should be on the list no matter what it looks like.

This is definitely a list of the most tradition rich stadiums. East Texas and the Metroplex dominate the state facilities wise, the same way they do when it comes to state championships. There's probably less than 5 of the top 20 nicest facilities in the state in this region. Probably a little more tradition down here though.

Whoa there Abe Martin Stadium bashers, what's the problem -- you from Nacogdoches or something.  Abe Martin Stadium has been there since the 70s and has hosted some real talent and great games.  The article didnt say they had to be the nicest stadiums just the best.  If you've never been there during a home game, late in the fourth quarter, when the Panther's are driving for a game winning score, and the band is playing "Strivin'" then you have missed one of the great high school football experiences.  Not to mention that the game hosted one of the great high school rivalries ever (Lufkin v. Nac). The stadium may not be as nice as the new ones, but the place is one of the greats.

BTW, Tyler's Rose stadium deserves to be on the list.  Earl Campbells home stadium should be on the list no matter what it looks like.

totally agree! I love the Abe, just not the walk up top on the home side to get a seat when its packed during LP games.

As an Indian fan I will say... if the criteria is Stadium alone PNG would absolutely not fall inside the Top 25 let alone the Top 5.  It seems as if they are saying Top places to watch a game and so I'd have to agree with the list for the most part.  

Dallas and Houston have some amazing stadiums. Some of them are far better than colleges.  Lamar should be ahsamed with what they have compared to some High Schools

You folks need to get outside of East Texas every once in while. Abe Martin is terrible for a 6A/5A stadium.

I've been in the top stadiums in the Houston area with all the playoff games Dayton played in while I was their videographer.
NOTHING beats the overall Friday Night Lights experience you get at a PN-G home football game.
There are much more fancier stadiums than PN-G, but I haven't experienced a Friday Night Lights atmosphere that tops a PN-G home game.

To me, that's what Friday Night Lights is ALL ABOUT!

Pretty said when Dayton played Galena Park in their nice fancy stadium and the "electricity" of Friday Night Lights was void.

totally agree! I love the Abe, just not the walk up top on the home side to get a seat when its packed during LP games.

I know exactly what you mean.  My parents season tickets were about 2 rows from the top for most of my life. 

For those that are still bashing Abe Martin, I'm not saying its the nicest stadium, just one of the great places to see a game because of the atmosphere.  And, I've been to games in Houston, Dallas, Austin and lots of places in between, they still dont have the history and atmosphere of the Abe no matter how nice the facilities.