more from those fiscal conservatives

westend1

I never said put all your money in hedge funds. As a financial advisor, you are supposed to know at least the very basics of asset allocation and diversification across asset classes.

Example - A traditional 60/40 portfolio returned 6.57% from 1990-2010 with a std dev of 10.26%, sharpe of 0.29 and max drawdown of -36.4%.

Add a 20% allocation to global macro and the return jumps to 8.0% with a std dev of 9.18%, sharpe of 0.48 and max drawdown of -30.5%.

So Mr. Financial Advisor, wouldn't you agree the portfolio with the 20% global macro allocation has outperformed the traditional portfolio in every single metric?

YAWN

No problem. Have been managing portfolios for over 30 years in real life situations with real dollars( which forces one to stay educated on the related topics) rather than grabbing something off the internet and posting it with the hope that somebody will believe I know what I am talking about. Funniest part is when someone with little or no knowledge of the topic begins telling someone with many years of experience what they should and should not do. Some walk the walk, others talk the talk.

Stevey boy gets shut down in a debate and goes back to the "I'm smarter because I'm older!" fallacy. LOL can't make this up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to your index hugging mutual funds old man. You OBVIOUSLY do not know a single thing about alternative investments and diversification across different asset classes.

By the way, you still never answered my question -

I never said put all your money in hedge funds. As a financial advisor, you are supposed to know at least the very basics of asset allocation and diversification across asset classes.

Example - A traditional 60/40 portfolio returned 6.57% from 1990-2010 with a std dev of 10.26%, sharpe of 0.29 and max drawdown of -36.4%.

Add a 20% allocation to global macro and the return jumps to 8.0% with a std dev of 9.18%, sharpe of 0.48 and max drawdown of -30.5%.

So Mr. Financial Advisor, wouldn't you agree the portfolio with the 20% global macro allocation has outperformed the traditional portfolio in every single metric?

No problem. Have been managing portfolios for over 30 years in real life situations with real dollars( which forces one to stay educated on the related topics) rather than grabbing something off the internet and posting it with the hope that somebody will believe I know what I am talking about. Funniest part is when someone with little or no knowledge of the topic begins telling someone with many years of experience what they should and should not do. Some walk the walk, others talk the talk.

Let me first recommend that you abandon the personal insults approach, because it is ineffective and convinces nobody of anything. And yes, have Bullets verify that to me. I would dearly love to know how you "help" invest a multibillion dollar portfolio. All the statements you made about portfolio diversification, correlation, yada yada yada, are/have been well known to anyone who is in the business. So spouting a few terms that can easily be found in a few minutes on the internet proves zilch. I know a lot of portfolio managers and interact with them on a regular basis and I can tell you quickly that none of them communicate with other people in the business via personal insults. But go ahead and have Bullets give me the lowdown so I can understand your career better.

Obviously the portfolio diversification and correlation statements aren't known by everyone in the business since you clearly don't understand it and still refuse to answer my question.

I'll PM bullets and see if he's interested in participating in this pissing contest.

PS - Portfolio managers call me multiple times a day trying to set up conference calls and meetings. You know, because were investing millions and billions not some small rinky dink $150k account.

Let me first recommend that you abandon the personal insults approach, because it is ineffective and convinces nobody of anything. And yes, have Bullets verify that to me. I would dearly love to know how you "help" invest a multibillion dollar portfolio. All the statements you made about portfolio diversification, correlation, yada yada yada, are/have been well known to anyone who is in the business. So spouting a few terms that can easily be found in a few minutes on the internet proves zilch. I know a lot of portfolio managers and interact with them on a regular basis and I can tell you quickly that none of them communicate with other people in the business via personal insults. But go ahead and have Bullets give me the lowdown so I can understand your career better.

Anyone in the business who doesn't understand those statements isn't in the business very long. Yes, contact Bullets and have him contact me. If you want to back out on your Bullets contention, give me the names of 5 portfolio managers that have contacted you in the last two months and the names of the firms they represent. If they are fighting to get some of the "millions and billions" that you are about to deploy, I can find out in very short order about your credentials. At this point, you are suggesting that you and those you "help" are in the same league with the Harvard Endowment Fund, The Texas Permanent School Foundation, and Calpers to name just a few. It will be interesting to find out why a pivotal manager is located in Southeast Texas.

You were on the right track until you assumed an enlightened individual like myself resides in SETX where the opportunities are limited

Anyone in the business who doesn't understand those statements isn't in the business very long. Yes, contact Bullets and have him contact me. If you want to back out on your Bullets contention, give me the names of 5 portfolio managers that have contacted you in the last two months and the names of the firms they represent. If they are fighting to get some of the "millions and billions" that you are about to deploy, I can find out in very short order about your credentials. At this point, you are suggesting that you and those you "help" are in the same league with the Harvard Endowment Fund, The Texas Permanent School Foundation, and Calpers to name just a few. It will be interesting to find out why a pivotal manager is located in Southeast Texas.

I have no problem with this if you don't live in SE Texas. But it is rather interesting that you are close to Bullets, who I know lives here and has been here for most of his life. But you can clarify everything and make me eat my words just as soon as you name those portfolio managers and the firms they represent. When you have done that and I have spoken with them, I will be glad to admit that I have seriously misjudged you and that your market knowledge is vastly superior to mine. Very curious about one thing. If you are truly enlightened and live somewhere where the opportunities are unlimited, whatever moved you to find this message board that involves the simple common folk of Southeast Texas? Hurry with those portfolio managers names, please.

Nash, ECO has sent me some information that leads me to believe that he is telling the truth about managing a multibillion dollar portfolio.  He wishes to remain anonymous on this board, which i suppose is fairly understandable with all of the people he's hacked off.  That being said, I have zero opinion in y'alls pissing contest, as i have little to no clue about what either one of you is talking about.

Nash, EOC has sent me some information that leads me to believe that he is telling the truth about managing a multibillion dollar portfolio.  He wishes to remain anonymous on this board, which i suppose is fairly understandable with all of the people he's hacked off.  That being said, I have zero opinion in y'alls pissing contest, as i have little to no clue about what either one of you is talking about.

I cannot agree with this.

It should be ECO, not EOC. 

BOOM ROASTED X4

Thanks for your assistance bullets

If you told him you were Warren Buffet and then he turns around and tells that to me, what good does that do? Lets go ahead with the portfolio managers names that you deal with on a daily basis along with the companies they represent. That will definitely cement your claim and this will all be over with. Besides that, Bullets has already stated he has no idea about what we are talking thus making it possible for you to lead him astray.

It appears you are underestimating the intelligence of bullets13.

I have provided my name, my job title, the description of my job duties, my employer, a snapshot of the multibillion dollar portfolio and verified my identify with an email from my work email.

Stop being a sore loser.

If you told him you were Warren Buffet and then he turns around and tells that to me, what good does that do? Lets go ahead with the portfolio managers names that you deal with on a daily basis along with the companies they represent. That will definitely cement your claim and this will all be over with. Besides that, Bullets has already stated he has no idea about what we are talking thus making it possible for you to lead him astray.

And those are all items that my administrative assistant could have sent to someone if she were making the case you are making. Since we are being criticized for getting in a "pissing contest", lets continue this discussion via PM so as not to agitate the rest of the board participants any further. Lets start with the names of those portfolio managers that you "help" arrange conference calls with or if you are actually a portfolio manager yourself, I would be interested in knowing what publicly traded securities you are currently investing those millions and billions of dollars in.