Founding Fathers Don't Agree With obama's muslim Comments...

smitty

Recently obama thanked muslims for “building the very fabric of our nation” and claiming they were in part responsible for “the core of our democracy."  Well, let's see what some of the founding fathers had to say about it:

President Jefferson read the Quran and he learned that the muslim holy book commanded the faithful to “plunder and enslave” non-Muslims. 

From the article: "John Quincy Adams, went further, arguing that the essence of islam is “violence and lust: to exalt the brutal over the spiritual part of human nature.” He suggested the quran’s commands to fight and conquer other lands “in the cause of allah” were at odds with democracy, peace and the Judeo-Christian ethic on which America was founded.

“The precept of the Koran is perpetual war against all who deny that muhammad is the prophet of God.”"

Two things here: obama's 100% at odds with the founding fathers.  Second, we say not all muslims have the same philosophy as the radical muslims.  But -- don't they read they same book? 

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/founding-fathers-refute-obamas-muslim-fabric/?utm_campaign=2321970&utm_content=3030393020&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Emailvision

Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy,

The actual quote is much different than that posted.  Wonder why?

Not being a smart-ass, I truly do not know.  Can you point out well known individuals who are muslim and made very significant contributions to the founding and the building of this country?  Someone on the level of a FDR or a JFK or a Washington or U.S Grant or a Lincoln.  Just curious.

Not being a smart-ass, I truly do not know. Can you point out well known individuals who are muslim and made very significant contributions to the founding and the building of this country? Someone on the level of a FDR or a JFK or a Washington or U.S Grant or a Lincoln. Just curious.

I DO know. The way the propaganda site "quoted" it is much more inflammatory, and better riles up its "low information readers".

Don't try to move the goalposts NOB.  It's unbecoming.   We are only talking about significant contributions to our society.     There are many from Muslims.   Did you know that the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars is Muslim?     Oh, he is also a rich business owner, you should like and admire him.

Not being a smart-ass, I truly do not know.  Can you point out well known individuals who are muslim and made very significant contributions to the founding and the building of this country?  Someone on the level of a FDR or a JFK or a Washington or U.S Grant or a Lincoln.  Just curious.

I don't think the actual quote was intended to replace the "founding fathers," or any subsequent president with a Muslim.  In fact, the "founding of this country" wasn't mentioned.  But to give an example, wouldn't Muhammad Ali be someone who made a "significant contribution" to the "fabric of our country?"  He was probably the greatest athlete of his era and was arguably the most famous person in the world during the height of his career.  And an argument could be made that his stance on the Vietnam War "strengthened the core of our democracy."  I know you ultra-conservatives would never concede that but I would argue that standing up for something you believe in regardless of the costs is at the heart of democracy.  And, in the end, many would argue he was entirely correct about that conflict.

Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy,

The actual quote is much different than that posted.  Wonder why?

Nothing different from what was originally stated. 

I DO know. The way the propaganda site "quoted" it is much more inflammatory, and better riles up its "low information readers".

Everything was true, though.  So, you just don't like the way it was stated?  Or that it was exposed?

Don't misunderstand, we here on the right, it's not our intent to "rile" up the Low Information Voter!  It's truly our intent to educate the Low Information Voter!  But -- just because someone doesn't like what has been said or reported, or can't understand it -- does not make what was stated wrong! 

I don't think the actual quote was intended to replace the "founding fathers," or any subsequent president with a Muslim.  In fact, the "founding of this country" wasn't mentioned.  But to give an example, wouldn't Muhammad Ali be someone who made a "significant contribution" to the "fabric of our country?"  He was probably the greatest athlete of his era and was arguably the most famous person in the world during the height of his career.  And an argument could be made that his stance on the Vietnam War "strengthened the core of our democracy."  I know you ultra-conservatives would never concede that but I would argue that standing up for something you believe in regardless of the costs is at the heart of democracy.  And, in the end, many would argue he was entirely correct about that conflict.

At least you tried to come up with an example. WE1's response was particularly problematic and Bullets did not even attempt.  Ali would be the best example and I won't quible much with you logic.  It is my opinion that Ali mellowed a lot as he moved into his senior years (as do most of us) and his detractors also mellowed and appreciated him more for his contributions than for where they disagreed with him.  He also was not born a muslim and converted.  Not going to dredge all that up and why he did convert. I have more to say about this but it will have to wait until I finish a code red here at work.

Everything was true, though. So, you just don't like the way it was stated? Or that it was exposed?
Don't misunderstand, we here on the right, it's not our intent to "rile" up the Low Information Voter! It's truly our intent to educate the Low Information Voter! But -- just because someone doesn't like what has been said or reported, or can't understand it -- does not make what was stated wrong!

It was worded differently in the article than how he actually said it, which completely changed the context of the quote. The way the article worded it implied that he basically said that Muslims have built the framework of our country. The way he actually said it was that SOME Muslims have played a PART.

At least you tried to come up with an example. WE1's response was particularly problematic and Bullets did not even attempt. Ali would be the best example and I won't quible much with you logic. It is my opinion that Ali mellowed a lot as he moved into his senior years (as do most of us) and his detractors also mellowed and appreciated him more for his contributions than for where they disagreed with him. He also was not born a muslim and converted. Not going to dredge all that up and why he did convert. I have more to say about this but it will have to wait until I finish a code red here at work.

I was strictly addressing your assertion that you had no idea why the article intentionally misquoted the president.

It was worded differently in the article than how he actually said it, which completely changed the context of the quote. The way the article worded it implied that he basically said that Muslims have built the framework of our country. The way he actually said it was that SOME Muslims have played a PART.

Read the quote again: It says "they were in part responsible."  Again -- nothing different here. 

It also says he said they "built the very fabric of our nation", which is the part that pissed everyone off, when in fact he thanked them for the contributions in helping build it. Big difference in meaning, and a big difference in what was said and what was quoted

Take it easy on Smitty. He's a low comprehension reader.

First time opening this topic. I was hesitant because I seen Smitty was the poster which means it's usually garbage but figured hey.. 17 replies must be some validity to the topic being discussed.
NOPE. Fool me once, shame on you..

Good deal...thank you for not clogging up the thread with your nonsense...please apply same logic to all other threads.