Founding Fathers Don't Agree With obama's muslim Comments...

smitty

Lets see- A guy comes on here and tells everyone else how common they are.  He also tells him he is a major player for a major corporation and has a sizeable intellect and is very broad minded and objective.  But he then criticizes someone else for not being very humble.  Hmmmm

Assistant manager at McDonalds, maybe?

I don't think the actual quote was intended to replace the "founding fathers," or any subsequent president with a Muslim. In fact, the "founding of this country" wasn't mentioned. But to give an example, wouldn't Muhammad Ali be someone who made a "significant contribution" to the "fabric of our country?" He was probably the greatest athlete of his era and was arguably the most famous person in the world during the height of his career. And an argument could be made that his stance on the Vietnam War "strengthened the core of our democracy." I know you ultra-conservatives would never concede that but I would argue that standing up for something you believe in regardless of the costs is at the heart of democracy. And, in the end, many would argue he was entirely correct about that conflict.

bam!!!!!

I don't think the actual quote was intended to replace the "founding fathers," or any subsequent president with a Muslim. In fact, the "founding of this country" wasn't mentioned. But to give an example, wouldn't Muhammad Ali be someone who made a "significant contribution" to the "fabric of our country?" He was probably the greatest athlete of his era and was arguably the most famous person in the world during the height of his career. And an argument could be made that his stance on the Vietnam War "strengthened the core of our democracy." I know you ultra-conservatives would never concede that but I would argue that standing up for something you believe in regardless of the costs is at the heart of democracy. And, in the end, many would argue he was entirely correct about that conflict.

His mama called him Clay, I'm gonna call him Clay