Ben Carson's Major Announcement...

smitty

I remember when Colin Powell was in the Bush Administration, people on this board suggested maybe he should run. When Powell supported Obama he became no good.

If Ben Carson was running on the other side the pubs woud trash him to. Being on the far left or far right when it comes to politics sucks.

Wonder why he supported the "other" party?

sigh....I have had this discussion on this forum before, but here I go again. Mr. Carson was able to survive his childhood because his mother received food stamps and other forms of government assistance. (He might've starved to death if she didn't have access to these programs.) He said that his grades improved dramatically because of a government program that allowed him to get free glasses YET he now opposes government programs that assist the poor. That is hypocritical. :(

I support food stamps and government assistance. I do not support them as a career choice for those who are too lazy to work. Him not wanting to foot the bill for the lazy does not make him an Uncle Tom.

I support food stamps and government assistance. I do not support them as a career choice for those who are too lazy to work. Him not wanting to foot the bill for the lazy does not make him an Uncle Tom.

Yes it do he think he's the exception. Rather than use his story to help kids like him he's using his brand to destroy a system that clearly he even stats made him who is is today. It's the belief that I used it the way it was meant to be the rest of you are just lazy. Not thinking about the kids that are in the situation he was once in. Then to top it of any black that's disagree with him he calls a plantation thinker. Ben Carson is a great doctor maybe the best. But he is nothing more than a puppet in terms of a political view. Every sensible person can see this. Ben Carson was a doctor for a long time movie and all he didn't start popping up on news channels until he a successful black man opposed obama....NOTHING AT ALL TO SEE HERE.

Yes it do he think he's the exception. Rather than use his story to help kids like him he's using his brand to destroy a system that clearly he even stats made him who is is today. It's the belief that I used it the way it was meant to be the rest of you are just lazy. Not thinking about the kids that are in the situation he was once in. Then to top it of any black that's disagree with him he calls a plantation thinker. Ben Carson is a great doctor maybe the best. But he is nothing more than a puppet in terms of a political view. Every sensible person can see this. Ben Carson was a doctor for a long time movie and all he didn't start popping up on news channels until he a successful black man opposed obama....NOTHING AT ALL TO SEE HERE.

So, it will be a never ending cycle?

People that are not on it will never convince people that ARE on it they should get off.....

People that used it will be called hypocrites if they tell others to get off of it.....

It appears the song will remain the same to a fairly large group of people

I don't believe he's saying nobody should be on it. He's simply saying that those who treat it as a career rather than a tool to get a leg up should not be allowed to do so. That is not hypocritical.

It's just the right approach that everybody on welfare is just lazy don't work and just club with cars 22s eating steak and lobster. I'm not against encouraging people to get off if not needed. But I refuse to just cut off funds to the less fortunate. Or support anyone who belittle a large group as lazy takers. When I know better.

And the problem is properly defining who is deserving of assistance and who is not.  Unfortunately, we have the most incompetent business manager in existence making those decisions and giving out your money and mine and that of everyone else.  If you believe that the economy is improving, why are the needs for assistance increasing?  Why are we being told that we are STILL not   providing adequate assistance to the needy?

It's just the right approach that everybody on welfare is just lazy don't work and just club with cars 22s eating steak and lobster. I'm not against encouraging people to get off if not needed. But I refuse to just cut off funds to the less fortunate. Or support anyone who belittle a large group as lazy takers. When I know better.

Everyone assumes we are talking about one demographic when you state 22" rims. Did you know 38.8% of Wellfare recipients are white, while 39.8% are black? That is not that big of a difference.

I want reform. We could start by food stamps only buying low budget foods. Seafood (with the exception of canned tunafish) should not be included.....steaks should not be included. 

I am not for starving anyone.

Say what you want but a car on 22s come on man. And now you purposing what foods they are allowed to eat. You believe people on welfare is just living it up caviar lobster etc. Wow man you have a lot to learn.

I have a lot to learn? Do you think the lone star card should be able to buy shrimp, lobsters, slim jims, cokes, unhealthy foods, etc?

Who said they were living it up? I didn't. I think YOU need to educate yourself in WANTS versus NEEDS....

I WANT an F250 4X4 with big azz tires.........

I have a stock F150 with stock rims and tires.

I WANT a 3500 sq ft house(with a game-room).......mine is a little over 1800......no game-room -_-

People that are on welfare don't NEED lobster or shrimp....

They don't NEED 7 varieties of cookies......

They just need good healthy food......

and if you don't think they are doing this, then it would not matter if it was restricted....because nobody would even notice.....

There are enough people abusing the system to ruin it for the ones who truly need it. I know There are people who work 2 or 3 jobs to try to make enough just to survive and provide basic needs for their family. These people legitimately need help, and as a society we should make sure they get it. At this point in time though, the majority of people around here that I see using some form of government assistance is because of messed up priorities, laziness, or greed. A lot of it is pure greed. If they can get something for free instead of paying for a similar item, they will take the handout and use their money for beer, weed, tobacco, cable tv, or other nonessential items. When food stamps were still in dollar increments, they would send kids in over and over to spend a $1 stamp on a cheap item and would get change back. Then they could use the money to buy something not covered by the stamps. There are still people around here eating MRE'S from hurricane Ike because they kept going back through the handout line over and over. They didn't need the food to survive, just greedy. There was a lady here in town that would use wic to load up on milk, and then have to pour it out after it spoiled. She wouldn't even give it away, too greedy.

There are enough people abusing the system to ruin it for the ones who truly need it. I know There are people who work 2 or 3 jobs to try to make enough just to survive and provide basic needs for their family. These people legitimately need help, and as a society we should make sure they get it. At this point in time though, the majority of people around here that I see using some form of government assistance is because of messed up priorities, laziness, or greed. A lot of it is pure greed. If they can get something for free instead of paying for a similar item, they will take the handout and use their money for beer, weed, tobacco, cable tv, or other nonessential items. When food stamps were still in dollar increments, they would send kids in over and over to spend a $1 stamp on a cheap item and would get change back. Then they could use the money to buy something not covered by the stamps. There are still people around here eating MRE'S from hurricane Ike because they kept going back through the handout line over and over. They didn't need the food to survive, just greedy. There was a lady here in town that would use wic to load up on milk, and then have to pour it out after it spoiled. She wouldn't even give it away, too greedy.

That is it! If I could not afford to feed me or my family I would not have cable, the internet or a smart phone....

Just wondering:  If you are on welfare but are working a couple of jobs and doing all of the rights things to get out of your situation and you see your neighbor also on welfare but gaming the system and living a seemingly easier life, would that be an incentive to keep up your efforts or a disincentive?

Nash......that is a question I raised months ago........when I was in school and a young adult, there was a stigma attached to being unemployed that no one wanted to be labeled with. That has changed.....not saying it has changed for everyone but for many, they just don't care. And, in our politically correct world, we do not say anything to them because it might hurt their feelings or give them low self esteem.

I was laid off once with a 3 month old baby........I drove a beer van delivering kegs for $60/day. I worked 5 times as hard for a quarter of the money but I would not take a handout. I still believe there is work to be had if any able bodied person wants to work. It may not be that managerial position you desire but you can work.

Nash......that is a question I raised months ago........when I was in school and a young adult, there was a stigma attached to being unemployed that no one wanted to be labeled with. That has changed.....not saying it has changed for everyone but for many, they just don't care. And, in our politically correct world, we do not say anything to them because it might hurt their feelings or give them low self esteem.

I was laid off once with a 3 month old baby........I drove a beer van delivering kegs for $60/day. I worked 5 times as hard for a quarter of the money but I would not take a handout. I still believe there is work to be had if any able bodied person wants to work. It may not be that managerial position you desire but you can work.

in 2009 the company I worked for went out of business (Engineering $100K plus per yr income) For 2 years until things picked back up (I went from office to hot and cold being outside) I mowed grass...pulled weeds...landscaped..built fences, etc...cut the cable...cell phones...sold extra cars and toys to make ends meet.....YES...work is out there if you want to EARN your way.

Unless there is truly ..TRULY a disability OR senior citizen....I DESPISE welfare recipients.....

in 2009 the company I worked for went out of business (Engineering $100K plus per yr income) For 2 years until things picked back up (I went from office to hot and cold being outside) I mowed grass...pulled weeds...landscaped..built fences, etc...cut the cable...cell phones...sold extra cars and toys to make ends meet.....YES...work is out there if you want to EARN your way.

Unless there is truly ..TRULY a disability OR senior citizen....I DESPISE welfare recipients.....

I wonder what percent of folks on wellfare have cable, internet and cell phones?

Apparently we come from a different mindset.....

I see the main difference being that society has "taught" or "conditioned" us to believe that if you are an American citizen you are entitled to a certain living standard whether you want to work or not.  In regard to Hippys question. I will venture to guess that the vast majority of welfare recipients have cable, internet, and cell phones and buy expensive foods and services with their EBT cards.

Yes, someone can come on here and give an example or two of those not doing the above, but I see the other examples every day.  Saw a gal in the beauty shop getting a manicure and a pedicure lamenting the fact that if she tried to buy a certain priced auto, she would lose some of her benefits.  She used the card to pay for her manicure and pedicure- two very essential needs.