Nederland vs Crosby Aug 29th

I think Neumann keeps the streak alive and leaves 0-fer vs Crosby on this side of the Trinity. Ned was blown off the ball last year with the big tackles and our line this year is even better while Ned lost those guys. Austin ran for 300 yards on less than 20 carries behind last year's line and while we won't have him, we will have a back more than capable of putting up big numbers on Ned. Ned lost over half of their starters on both sides of the ball while Crosby didn't lose more than 5 on either. Kimler single-handedly kept it close last year or the Dogs would have lost by 30+, much like the Twins he ain't there any more.

Sorry Dog fans, but y'all are in line for another crop-dusting at the Den. It'll be Crosby until Neumann decides he's had enough again.

Nederland by7 the new offense will score points and plus they have speed art the wr's. Guess yall scouts been slacking

Speed at wr this year? That's what we call normal, plus we have two of the top DB prospects in the state for their classes. Kilmer and Seay had good speed last year and y'all still lost by 21. Like Bronco said, y'all will get better during the season like you did last year but you're probably going to open with another woodshed loss. Ned doesn't match up with well with what Crosby wants to do and they normally don't have the personnel to do what Neumann does in y'all's district. If Crosby doesn't turn the ball over it's probably going to be well in hand by the half.

The Cougars might run it 30 times then you turn around and play Dayton who's going to throw it 30 times, good luck not going 0-2 to start otherwise WHATEVER y'all do over there this year is null and void.

Oh, so our season is defined by how we play Dayton and Crosby in non-district games. LOL OK.

No it won't, but it says a lot for bi-district matchups when you get blown out to open the season then go undefeated in district play. Turns out it held up as y'all were the only team able to beat anybody over here last year. IJS if you lose both games then go win district it says a lot about your district. I know the argument is always that y'all get better during the season but so do we. After we put 40 on y'all I'm sure you will "change the defense" though.

No it won't, but it says a lot for bi-district matchups when you get blown out to open the season then go undefeated in district play. Turns out it held up as y'all were the only team able to beat anybody over here last year. IJS if you lose both games then go win district it says a lot about your district. I know the argument is always that y'all get better during the season but so do we. After we put 40 on y'all I'm sure you will "change the defense" though.

Without SC we will probably split just like we used to in bi-district.  Your "powerhouse" is gone, and they still couldn't get past the second round.  In fact your district hasn't been past the second round in the last 3 years.

Personally the first game you really never know. I think the offensive line for Crosby could be very good and even the twins are gone, they are going to run the ball a lot. With what Nederland had upfront on the Dline last year that they lost and with what Crosby has coming back on the Oline could be the difference. As always though, gotta win the turnover battle and stop somebody. Should be a good start to the season. Hopefully that dang wheel route where the slot receiver doesn't burn the COOGS for the 3rd year in a row on 3rd or 4th and long.