Charlie Strong dismisses 3 Longhorns

Chevoski Collins' attitude in high school should have been a indicator of what UT could expect. I guess he (Collins) found out that UT is not Livingston High School and the rules do apply to him.

Having said that, does anyone know exactly what he did to get suspended or kicked off?

Strong won't disclose the specifics. But I'm sure it will leak out eventually.

Just goes to show that in the current environment of Big Time College Athletics that some of the best athletes are not the best role models.  As stated before if this has not happened to your college yet do not gloat as it will happen sooner or later.

I will give credit to Coach Strong for the immediate removal of these athletes - now lets see if he (like some schools do) allow them back on the field before the season starts - if he does I will think less of him at that time.

We are all glad that the administration has hired a coach who wouldn't take anything from anyone! If they do not like the way Coach Strong and his staff handles the team, the players can go play somewhere else! Being a Texas Longhorn football player is a privilege, not a legal right! When they are on the team, they are representing the University of Texas at Austin, Austin the city, the State of Texas, and the United States of America! Coach Strong wants to play the best players!

Good thing they didn't get free meals.

I don't see how any athlete's behavior can be the fault of the university. Strong has enough problems making the adjustments of being the HC at the best school in Texas. At least he is dealing with it. Like Old Timer said, let's hope he sticks by his guns.

@SpreadsheetAg: SO to recap: When @CoachSumlin dismisses players he's #LosingControl; When @Strong_TexasFB dismisses players he's #ControllingLosses

Where on this topic, before you brought it up, was Coach Sumlin mentioned for any of his disciplinary actions?  SETXsports Staff Leader?  Not hardly.

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin said it's easy to kick a guy off the team. But in the "business of developing men."

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin - "We're doing everything we can to represent Texas A&M the right way."

Make no mistake about it, Sumlin and Strong are polar opposites on this matter.  You can decide for yourself which is right, but to say somehow that Sumlin has done something similar to what Strong is doing now at any point in time in his tenure in College Station? That's a negative.

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin said it's easy to kick a guy off the team. But in the "business of developing men."

Aggie Sports @Aggie_Sports

Sumlin - "We're doing everything we can to represent Texas A&M the right way."

Make no mistake about it, Sumlin and Strong are polar opposites on this matter. You can decide for yourself which is right, but to say somehow that Sumlin has done something similar to what Strong is doing now at any point in time in his tenure in College Station? That's a negative.

Great post.

Chevoski Collins' attitude in high school should have been a indicator of what UT could expect. I guess he (Collins) found out that UT is not Livingston High School and the rules do apply to him.

Having said that, does anyone know exactly what he did to get suspended or kicked off?

Collins was the one that had horrible behavior when they played at Vidor his last year with the lions right? Just making sure I have the right guy