Texas

king

@247Sports: Predicting where Texas' top recruits will sign, via Bobby Burton: http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Longhorns-recruiting-Predicting-where-Texas-top-targets-sign-35165712 http://twitter.com/247Sports/status/560845776986058753/photo/1

I'm shocked Burton picked everyone to go to Texas. Maybe those recruits shouldnt read this graphic.

http://texags.com/s/15984/run-the-numbers-texas-am-vs-texas

Ummm...maybe in years prior...however:

We can tell who's prepared to pay players this year though, and their coaches, and their daddies... #stronghorns

Quite sad actually...lowly big12 vs SEC = no brainer

You do know that the top teams in your mighty SEC west all lost in their bowl games with most being dominated right? You did see the 42-3 beating TCU handed out to Ole Miss right? For the second straight year Bama was beat down by either OU or Ohio State. Miss St. got it handed it to them by a bunch of 3 star kids running the triple option. I think the SEC gave up about 40 per game this bowl season.

Recruits will realize that all A&M will be is what they've always been which is a middle of the road program that has a good year every now and then. You can pitch a the SEC stuff you want but when recruits see you get beat down 59-0 on national tv then the smart ones will realize it's a lot easier to win at other places in the state. Three good recruiting classes and the record has still slipped each year. You can keep saying how tough the SEC is but all the kids see is the record getting worse each year.

Schedule looks tough next year for the Horns...just looked at it...Kyler would definitely know what losing feels like finally...

With that being said, and I'm shocked to say this...I agree with everything above GCM.....effin finally!

Yeah, all he would have to do is ask Tannehill about it. If he called Vince or Colt all they would have is stories about national championship and BCS games. If that wouldn't be enough he could ask Charlie for the last 5 star qb's number he coached, that Bridgewater kid. He could ask what it feels like to run a pro style offense that translates directly to the NFL instead of running something that causes you teammates to call you a "joke" once you get to the league. Then he could tell Kevin I'll give you a defense better than the one my two first round picks at Loisville played on, the type of defenses that don't produce busts like DeMontre Moore. I bet Kyler's dad wouldn't have went to A&M if Texas had offered, his uncle Calvin did get and offer and chose the Horns instead.

I'm shocked Burton picked everyone to go to Texas. Maybe those recruits shouldnt read this graphic.

http://texags.com/s/15984/run-the-numbers-texas-am-vs-texas

Or maybe TxAgs should read this graphic:

http://twitter.com/247Sports/status/560845776986058753/photo/1

We can keep this up for days or just wait until NSD.

Or maybe TxAgs should read this graphic:

http://twitter.com/247Sports/status/560845776986058753/photo/1

We can keep this up for days or just wait until NSD.

Yeah - we can always believe an ex-Texas alumni to not be biased - Right  :)

While I will be very surprised if Strong gets all the recruits that this non-biased expert expects - If he does it will be a major off the field victory for Strong and Texas.  And make me and other A&M fans listen to the boosts of prowess from Texas fans until football season.

If Strong does pull this off - will he be able to match the high from the great recruiting year on the field - my opinion is Not Likely.

But the fact of what Strong has already done this year and what he might still be able to do is impressive - No my question is can Sumlin or Strong close the recruiting season with a bang - can't wait till next week.

Art Briles was a HS coach. In fact, lots of them were HS coaches. I guess it depends on who you are as to what you read into things.

You just have to let Ag run with it. If it doesn't smell like fertilizer they don't know much about it. Texas tries to hire a 3 time state champion coach and there's a conspiracy, yet Chad Morris wins three or four titles in a row at Lake Travis and him taking a Tulsa job is seen as an upgrade, not some backhanded way to get Garrett Gilbert to sign. Better yet Briles leave the Stephenville job for UH and nobody has a problem when Kendall transfers from Texas. Corby Meekins and Claude Mathis leave two of the premier talent producing programs in Texas to go coach in the American Athletic Conference and they're viewed as great hires around the state. Heck, even Gus Malzhan was coaching high school less than a decade ago but I guess since he's in the SEC it doesn't matter.

Charlie is doing what any good coach would do, he's trying to get the best fit/recruiter he could for his staff. Why not grab a guy much like Mathis who knows the ins and outs of DFW recruiting? Oh yeah, in the process they're going to triple his salary also. Ag doesn't see it like that though, they think Texas is buying recruits now. Ag might be the next Hail State when they tried to recruit Cam Newton. They tried to tell on Auburn for buying Cam, when the NCAA asked how they knew they basically said ". . . Because we tried to pay him first". Pretty sad, Ag leaves the Big 12 for the SEC and the IQ goes up in both conferences. Smh.

Yeah, all he would have to do is ask Tannehill about it. If he called Vince or Colt all they would have is stories about national championship and BCS games. If that wouldn't be enough he could ask Charlie for the last 5 star qb's number he coached, that Bridgewater kid. He could ask what it feels like to run a pro style offense that translates directly to the NFL instead of running something that causes you teammates to call you a "joke" once you get to the league. Then he could tell Kevin I'll give you a defense better than the one my two first round picks at Loisville played on, the type of defenses that don't produce busts like DeMontre Moore. I bet Kyler's dad wouldn't have went to A&M if Texas had offered, his uncle Calvin did get and offer and chose the Horns instead.

Are you talking about the same pro style offense that only gained 59 total yards in the bowl game against the last place team in the SEC West? I bet recruits are lining up to play for that offensive genius Shawn Watson.

Are you talking about the same pro style offense that only gained 59 total yards in the bowl game against the last place team in the SEC West? I bet recruits are lining up to play for that offensive genius Shawn Watson.

Same last place team who's defense held the best SEC team to 14 points on the board who btw put 59 on Aggy and blanked them in Tuscaloosa. 

Same last place team who's defense held the best SEC team to 14 points on the board who btw put 59 on Aggy and blanked them in Tuscaloosa.

I like how you chose to use the transitive property instead of the head to head game in which A&M scored 35 points and put up 523 yards of offense against Arky. Whatever fits your agenda I guess.

That is seeming more and more like a good bet. Aggy gets a blip every now and then. Hope you enjoyed it ;)

Recruits will realize that all A&M will be is what they've always been which is a middle of the road program that has a good year every now and then. You can pitch a the SEC stuff you want but when recruits see you get beat down 59-0 on national tv then the smart ones will realize it's a lot easier to win at other places in the state. Three good recruiting classes and the record has still slipped each year. You can keep saying how tough the SEC is but all the kids see is the record getting worse each year.

"Lipstick on a pig" as my grandpa used to say....

@Horns247: Top QB Kai Locksley RT @LOCKSnLOADED_3: That three sharp..3⃣ http://twitter.com/LOCKSnLOADED_3/status/559055450537070595/photo/1

I didn't realize his dad was the OC at Maryland

Kai Locksley intel....

He had his in home with Jimbo Fisher where his dad, Maryland offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, got to ask all his questions and the family came away very impressed and happy and he is still leaning towards FSU because of the way Jimbo develops quarterbacks, mainly EJ Manuel who the father is very familiar with as he was recruiting him out of HS and saw how much he developed under Fisher.

Charlie Strong comes in Friday for his visit I believe and then the family will have their final talk. Kai has great affection for Strong because he's known him and his family for a long time because his dad coached with Strong at Florida. But right now the feeling is that Kai would be better off in a redshirt situation to develop rather than be thrown right into an offense as he could be in Texas.

Unless Strong comes in and really blows the family away, it seems right now Kai is inclined to stick with FSU but anything can happen following an in home visit.

Mike Farrell
National Recruiting Director