Texas A&M

king

Ags still have same QB that backed up Manziel? He is no Manziel but he did ok from what I saw. Things look good on paper sometimes don't translate to the field for whatever reason. I need to see a couple pre-conference games to get a feel. Coaches do too. It is why they play those games.

• 3 weeks later...
True freshman may be the best players on both sides of the ball for A&M

Speedy Noil will have a huge year and is already the best playmaker on the offense. Look for all American type number from the freshman if he can stay healthy.

Miles Garrett has the body of an NFL player as an 18 yr old. The defense will need him and other young guys to step up if they hope to improve on last year. It would be hard to be much worse.

On the topic of the o/u wins, I have a buddy (not a longhorn) who bet $500 on the under 7.5. His average bet size is about a tenth of that. I have looked at the schedule and kind of like his bet but not for 10 units. I think there are 6 games they should win, 4 they should lose, and 2 that are very winnable. One thing to keep in mind is that win total bets do not include any postseason games (bowl games, conference championships, etc.)

Looks like it's only a matter of time until Kyle Allen is headed back out west. Like I was saying when they signed him, barring injury he would never take a regular season snap for the Aggies. Texas had the same thing happen with Connor Brewer. It seems like qbs from out west have a hard time beating out the southern kids who are most times ranked below them. I wonder if he'll even wait until Murray gets there in January to announce it?

Looks like it's only a matter of time until Kyle Allen is headed back out west. Like I was saying when they signed him, barring injury he would never take a regular season snap for the Aggies. Texas had the same thing happen with Connor Brewer. It seems like qbs from out west have a hard time beating out the southern kids who are most times ranked below them. I wonder if he'll even wait until Murray gets there in January to announce it?

From what is being written the competition was very close. The 1st game being on the road against a Top 10 team probably made it a little easier to start the more experienced guy Game 1. We will have to see how it plays out if Hill struggles. I would think Allen will get some snaps against Lamar, Rice, and SMU.

Also Kenny Hill won a Texas 5a State title playing against some of the top teams in the country. Allen didn't get that level of competition in Az.

From what is being written the competition was very close. The 1st game being on the road against a Top 10 team probably made it a little easier to start the more experienced guy Game 1. We will have to see how it plays out if Hill struggles. I would think Allen will get some snaps against Lamar, Rice, and SMU.

Also Kenny Hill won a Texas 5a State title playing against some of the top teams in the country. Allen didn't get that level of competition in Az.

That's more than Johnny Football could do. Gigem

I went to the Meet the Coaches at Clear Brook High School last night. Their new offensive coordinator is Coach Kettler. His dad is Elwood Kettler, the quarterback on the Junction Boys team at Texas aTm under Coach Bryant. You all know I am no Aggie but it was good to hear his son talk about him. I look forward to meeting Mr. Kettler at a game this year and getting a book signed by him.