Who's the most prestigious HS program in TX thats you would want your kid to play at?

Ghelyon.gif Now that's what I'm talking about! That's a heck of a recruiting tool! Ha Ha couldn't let that pass!

Stupid autocorrect. Switched from my droid to the tiny I phone that's not very conducive to posting on SETX. . . . Either that or just a flashback to college. Seems to be working as a recruiting tool for the Aggs though.

Stupid autocorrect. Switched from my droid to the tiny I phone that's not very conducive to posting on SETX. . . . Either that or just a flashback to college. Seems to be working as a recruiting tool for the Aggs though.

I hear you, but it does make for some funny posts sometimes! I need a bong to watch my Aggies most games!! :rolleyes:

How are we defining prestigious?  Most wins, best facilities, best coaches, most scholarships, best chance at a state title, most players in the NFL???  What materialistic things are we using as criteria for these selections?

Personally, I would want my kid to play where he grew up and where all of his friends are.  But I know in this day and age, that is becoming the exception instead of the rule.  Instead of trying to build tradition where they are, many choose to move their kids to programs that are more rich in tradition or have a winning record.  My problem with that philosophy is that I thought we were supposed to raise kids to be able to handle and overcome adversities in life.  Parents that move their kids to a more 'prestigious' program instead of letting them suffer a little, learn to fight for what's important and accept any challenge no matter how great, are what is wrong with our world today.

best post in this thread. same thing that happens in PA. parents think whatever about PAISD just so jr can start for neumann. those same players are backup players or position would be changed at PAM.

well first off i'm going to go with PAM because those kids are getting scholarships and being looked at the most in the golden triangle area. outside of the triangle, instead of a big school, give me a smaller program with good morals and old school principals. none of this everyone gets a participation trophy crap.

I would want my kid to play for Andy Evans at Tatum.  It is a great guy and coach.  Wins, titles, and facilities are all great but what kind of impact are the coaches going to have on the young athletes? 

I've been gone for quite a long time, is he still the coach there???

Top 5

5) Odessa Permian- MOJO baby

4) Southlake Carroll- That means I would have some money!!!

3) Celina- they are not afraid to win

2) Lake Travis-Because they beat longview and the Lobo's are jim jones cultish....BTW King is a great coach.

1) Stephenville- farming and football is a good thing.