WO-S's Sterling-Cole moved???

Lets not kid each other, the bottom line is this DOES hurt WOS on offense. We will see when the season begins to how much or even how long. The good news is they can begin to work with the new starter quarterback and let him start running the show. When you lose a talent like this student was it hurts, period. WOS will still play great defense but the offense might or might not have to be reworked around the new QD's strengths. IMHO

Lets not kid each other, the bottom line is this DOES hurt WOS on offense. We will see when the season begins to how much or even how long. The good news is they can begin to work with the new starter quarterback and let him start running the show. When you lose a talent like this student was it hurts, period. WOS will still play great defense but the offense might or might not have to be reworked around the new QD's strengths. IMHO

I don't think anyone is denying that it hurts. We're just pointing out that it may not hurt as bad as some think. It's very difficult to replace Dillon. We all agree. However, Chase has been playing with the current starters since they were in the 5th grade. They have a lot of history together. So we're not completely going to fall apart. They just have to find that chemistry again.

What I think this transfer does to the Mustangs is limit their options on offense. Having both Cole and Rutledge gave WO-S more options, i.e. having them both in the backfield at the same time, using Chase at RB, WR when needed.  If the Stangs run game needs some extra punch, Thompson had the luxury of putting Chase back there to help out.

Now, Chase will most likely be the full time starter at QB and it takes that luxury away.

WO-S will be just fine with Chase at QB, but I agree, with Cole gone, it has to hurt.

Good point AggiesAreWe, the offense will be limited on their options unless they find another backup for Rutledge that can help in the running/passing/option game. Does WOS have the options of dual RB's to help Thompson? I am sure that WOS is looking into the offense and how to best stay fresh with many options and not be vanilla.

the jv kid, kicker whats his name i forgot no program lol

Jack Dallas. Excellent athlete and super smart. Im im not mistaken, he is also one of the top in his class. Will be a sophomore this year. He played jv qb but was one of the standout players in varsity baseball as a freshman. Made newcomer of the year i believe. Only drawback was his size. Im sure he will grow as his dad is tall.

What I think this transfer does to the Mustangs is limit their options on offense. Having both Cole and Rutledge gave WO-S more options, i.e. having them both in the backfield at the same time, using Chase at RB, WR when needed.  If the Stangs run game needs some extra punch, Thompson had the luxury of putting Chase back there to help out.

Now, Chase will most likely be the full time starter at QB and it takes that luxury away.

WO-S will be just fine with Chase at QB, but I agree, with Cole gone, it has to hurt.

I agree Cole and Chase gave you a lot of options that will be missed no doubt.I think the biggest loss is not having Cole the next two years because Chase will graduate this year.Remember Chase took over for Cole in the Carthage game and almost pulled it out.Yes it will hurt but not as bad as some might think.

Gonna be a huge jump in competition moving from 4a to 6a for this young man. I'm starting to wonder if he can even make the rotation at Westfield, let alone start...

Gonna be a huge jump in competition moving from 4a to 6a for this young man. I'm starting to wonder if he can even make the rotation at Westfield, let alone start...

I think the kid will start and throw for over 3000 and 30 touchdowns.

Yes 3000 yards. Westfield had two quarterbacks throw for a combined 1900 yards or so. The QB position was the weakest position on their team. Sterling-Cole is a huge upgrade. Plus Westfield also got a blue chip transfer at wide receiver. They had two running backs that ran for over 1200 yards a peace and a blue chip tight end so the play action game will be on point. I always felt that Strrling-cole was being under utilized at West orange do to defensive minded and conservative coaching.

Yes 3000 yards. Westfield had two quarterbacks throw for a combined 1900 yards or so. The QB position was the weakest position on their team. Sterling-Cole is a huge upgrade. Plus Westfield also got a blue chip transfer at wide receiver. They had two running backs that ran for over 1200 yards a peace and a blue chip tight end so the play action game will be on point. I always felt that Strrling-cole was being under utilized at West orange do to defensive minded and conservative coaching.

I think Westfield is a run first offense and may have attempted 200 passes last season....even when they had a pretty good QB in Jacoby Walker(Arkansas) it took pretty decent playoff runs for him to crack 2,000 yards. Westfield is a large school with talent year in, year out. I dont think they are gonna change up everything and go full spread just because of two transfers. That's like saying a stud WR moving to Katy will get 1100 yards receiving IMO. He still has to adjust to the game speed at the top tier of 6A and competion level, this will be a heck of a jump and Spring ISD are never hurting in the "athlete" department.....again...just my opinion.

At Westfield there are no huge upgrades. He'll be lucky to start at qb, much less throw for 3k yards. Westfield is a run the ball and play defense team much like the other two H-town 6a powerhouses, Katy and North Shore. If I'm not mistaken Westfield's jv was undefeated and had a stud qb they did a report on CSN Houston. Cole is already behind after missing spring ball and most of summer workouts. He'll be a solid piece to a team that probably already has 10 d1 recruits on the roster.

Tyrie Cleveland transferred to Westfield from Northbrook already having offers from most major conferences. The 31 receptions he had last year might actually decrease because they have two other receivers just as good, just smaller so they're not as highly sought after. I think you would be surprised what those boys from the norh side regularly put on the field.

At Westfield there are no huge upgrades. He'll be lucky to start at qb, much less throw for 3k yards. Westfield is a run the ball and play defense team much like the other two H-town 6a powerhouses, Katy and North Shore. If I'm not mistaken Westfield's jv was undefeated and had a stud qb they did a report on CSN Houston. Cole is already behind after missing spring ball and most of summer workouts. He'll be a solid piece to a team that probably already has 10 d1 recruits on the roster.

Tyrie Cleveland transferred to Westfield from Northbrook already having offers from most major conferences. The 31 receptions he had last year might actually decrease because they have two other receivers just as good, just smaller so they're not as highly sought after. I think you would be surprised what those boys from the norh side regularly put on the field.

I agree with all of this. This is what I was thinking. There probably are dozens of players on that team that probably has equal to better talent and athleticism...