Hobby Lobby

stevenash

Just saw where this company pays it full time workers an average of $14 per hour.  Shouldn't the left be praising Hobby Lobby instead of fighting them in court? ( Especially since they are dedicated to the "plight " of the "little guy", that the hourly wage is more important than saving 4 out of 20 methods of birth control)

Yet hobby lobby , according to what I read , invests in birth control companies. Hypocricy at its best

BigGirl, curious about something:  If a woman wants birth controls and abortion inducing drugs, why don't they pay for it themselves?  No one is denying them access to any of these.  Help us out here, why the outcry?! 

If they are still paying for 16 of 20 possible birth control methods, that would not seem to me to be "adamantly" (note the correct spelling) against it.  As for affordability- some women can't afford a new car but that doesnt mean that someone else should have to buy one for them

Why do they invest in birth control companies if they are adamametally opposed to paying for them. Some women cannot afford them.

They aren't against birth control, they are against ABORTION (which the morning after pill and others are considered to be)

If some women can't afford them, then maybe some women shouldn't be having sex.

Before you attack me with the rape cases, there are already programs in place for administering those pills during the administration of the rape kit ,if the victim so chooses.

Of course you either already knew this and spewing lies OR you would be in the group of low information voters, either way it would explain A LOT about you.

I was having a similar discussion (on a broader basis) with my wife's uncle (very liberal) this past week.

His liberal view is we are already paying for the health care of the uninsured, so why not pay for insurance?

My response was: You are correct, we are paying, due to hospitals not being able to turn them away, therefore yes, we are paying....however, paying for their care by way of insurance is not the answer. My take on it is this. We set up similar medical facilities like the VA hospitals. If you can't afford insurance or can't pay for treatment then you go to one of those facilities. That way the cost of "our" medical treatment goes down (hospitals not having to raise rate to cover the unpaid treatment) therefore our insurance premiums should go down, offsetting the taxes paid to cover the "VA style" medical care for the poor.

Of course I have much more detail to my idea than can be typed on here, so let the criticism begin and I'll address each comment arguing against this idea as they come.

edit: If the VA style is good enough for our Veterans (haha) then it should be a superior care for the poor.

I was having a similar discussion (on a broader basis) with my wife's uncle (very liberal) this past week.

His liberal view is we are already paying for the health care of the uninsured, so why not pay for insurance?

My response was: You are correct, we are paying, due to hospitals not being able to turn them away, therefore yes, we are paying....however, paying for their care by way of insurance is not the answer. My take on it is this. We set up similar medical facilities like the VA hospitals. If you can't afford insurance or can't pay for treatment then you go to one of those facilities. That way the cost of "our" medical treatment goes down (hospitals not having to raise rate to cover the unpaid treatment) therefore our insurance premiums should go down, offsetting the taxes paid to cover the "VA style" medical care for the poor.

Of course I have much more detail to my idea than can be typed on here, so let the criticism begin and I'll address each comment arguing against this idea as they come.

edit: If the VA style is good enough for our Veterans (haha) then it should be a superior care for the poor.

havent you heard of charity hospitals? Houston has 2, LBJ and Ben taab.

They aren't against birth control, they are against ABORTION (which the morning after pill and others are considered to be)

If some women can't afford them, then maybe some women shouldn't be having sex.

Before you attack me with the rape cases, there are already programs in place for administering those pills during the administration of the rape kit ,if the victim so chooses.

Of course you either already knew this and spewing lies OR you would be in the group of low information voters, either way it would explain A LOT about you.

the morning after pill is not abortion. It is birthcontrol. It takes 3 days for conception to occur.

They wont cover birth control pills. By the way, they dont pay their employees $14/hr. Costco does. Cashiers and people who stock items earn $9/hr

BigGirl -- I'll ask you again:   "BigGirl, curious about something:  If a woman wants birth controls and abortion inducing drugs, why don't they pay for it themselves?  No one is denying them access to any of these.  Help us out here, why the outcry?!"

havent you heard of charity hospitals? Houston has 2, LBJ and Ben taab.

Then those should be the only places "the i can't afford insurance" or the "I don't want to buy insurance" people should be allowed to go for health care. If and/or when you can afford or choose to purchase insurance, for this sake call it "better" facilities and or treatment, then do so.

Because the way I see it now is, WE pay for "charity hospitals" "the unpaid bills" at regular hospitals and now insurance for the "poor"....just insane!