Hobby Lobby

stevenash

The morning after pill prevents the sperm and egg ftom uniting. I said that earlier. Smh

All that smh might have jarred something loose and you think on a simple level. Plan B "can" prevent fertilization, that's true. But if fertilization has occurred, another possible action of Plan B is that it will not allow the fertilized egg to implant in the uterus. You seem to acknowledge that life has begun at union of egg and sperm (I'm sure that will change now), so what exactly is Plan B doing when taken after fertilization?
If there are options that prevent pregnancy only, why do you need an option that may end a life after it is created? Intentional or not, the possibility is there.

What about women who need birth control pills due to health condtions like menorrhagia and polycystic ovarian disease? Does Hobby Lobby still pay for vasectomies?

They get birth control pills or one of the other 15 paid for methods. 

This is the problem, it is bigger then the birthcontrol issue. Religious organizations are exempt from paying for them. You have this company whose CEO and board of directors decide it's against their religious beliefs to pay for birthcontrol pills. What happens if exxon mobile's board of directors and ceo are Jehovah's witnesses and they decide not to cover blood transfusions, they had the insurance company write an exclusion. This could have a snowball effect

Did you ever try reading the decision or just the headlines? The decision states that it only covers 4 out of 20 birth control possibilities that abort or stop a fertilized egg from attaching. Stopping conception was not an issue. Stopping a life after conception was the problem. 

You might be interested (but probably not) in this quote from the opinion....

"This decision concerns only the contraceptive mandate and

should not be understood to hold that all insurance-coverage man- 
dates, e.g., for vaccinations or blood transfusions, must necessarily
fall if they conflict with an employer’s religious beliefs. Nor does it 
provide a shield for employers who might cloak illegal discrimination
as a religious practice."

The morning after pill prevents the sperm and egg ftom uniting. I said that earlier. Smh

Not according to WebMD and several other sites that I viewed like plannedparenthood.org, www.planbonestep.com (actual manufacturer of the pill), etc. 

They all say that it "may" prevent fertilization but can stop implantation of an already fertilized egg and can be taken up to five days later and be effective but it is suggested no more than 72 hours. I am guessing that the egg is usually fertilized before and sometimes way before the five days pass. Therefore the suggesting that it does not stop implantation of the already fertilized egg is nonsense. Again, it could stop fertilization but if doesn't or it is too late, it will still stop implantation and allow a fertilized egg to die which just happens to why Hobby Lobby objected. 

Of course, I am just looking at doctor websites and the people that actually make and push the pill so what do they know? They probably did not consult Big girl before publishing their information............. 

Did you ever try reading the decision or just the headlines? The decision states that it only covers 4 out of 20 birth control possibilities that abort or stop a fertilized egg from attaching. Stopping conception was not an issue. Stopping a life after conception was the problem.

You might be interested (but probably not) in this quote from the opinion....

"This decision concerns only the contraceptive mandate and
should not be understood to hold that all insurance-coverage man-
dates, e.g., for vaccinations or blood transfusions, must necessarily
fall if they conflict with an employer’s religious beliefs. Nor does it
provide a shield for employers who might cloak illegal discrimination
as a religious practice."

one of the definitions you mentioned describes regular birth control. The language is very deceptive

The name of the abortion pill is meddlesome, it is different from the morning after bill. I dont have a problem with hobby lobby not wanting to pay for that. . It is weird how you guys constantly complain about entitlements, but are ok with a company not paying for birthcontrol pills. Some women will get pregnant and receive welfare and you guys will be itching and moaning about that.

Typical debate over when life begins.

As far as people making mistakes; should the employer pay for insurance that covers a smokers lung cancer or a head injury of a helmetless biker? Just asking.

First off I admitted in my post my comparison was not on topic with Hobby Lobby. If you are a smoker you do pay the price in other ways such as higher premiums on life insurance. Nobody plans to ride a bike without a helmet and fall off. 

The name of the abortion pill is meddlesome, it is different from the morning after bill. I dont have a problem with hobby lobby not wanting to pay for that. . It is weird how you guys constantly complain about entitlements, but are ok with a company not paying for birthcontrol pills. Some women will get pregnant and receive welfare and you guys will be itching and moaning about that.

You are a very slow learner....we do not want either. We believe in personal responsibility. Pay for your own prevention, and if you don't or if it didn't work, pay for your own child birth and the raising of that child..

...if it is quite clear (as it should be) that you will not be able to provide for the child, then do not have sex (it's a choice)

it may only be my opinion (Not all conservatives) but if you do indeed have a child and can't afford it...I'd rather pay for that child in a state run orphan than provide welfare that also benefits a deadbeat parent...in fact I'm not totaly against filing charges for child endangerment, being the childs welfare is in fact endangered due to lack of nutrition and/or residence etc.

and before you say I'd be forcing more women to have abortions to avoid the charges....no no no....it's a choice...more of that PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY stuff liberals do not believe in.

I use birthcontrol and I am happy that my insurance company pays 100% :)

Don't misunderstand us, if you pay insurance premiums and they pay 100%, then that's great.  But -- What we have issue with is that the government forcing insurance companies to do it.  Who says birth control is a right that the government should get involved in?  Say I want a million dollar house.  Should the government get involved in that?  Because, remember, Big Girl, one of these days the government might/will force you to do something you do not agree with or want to do.  Then you are going to look around for help, and you won't find any because it's gone beyond the point of no return.  Think about it!.

Clinton mandated innsurance companies to offer mental health coverage that is equal to medical coverage and no one said a word......

..... besides, as a person that claims to have medical knowledge, you don't see the difference between a mental illness and a person having sex and wanting someone else to pay for it or an abortion drug at their discretion? 

It is not even apples and oranges. It would be like asking the government to pay for tattoos or piercings since they penetrate the skin and you have to have a license based on knowledge of prophylaxis in order to legally perform them on someone else. 

Big Girl- I have a "friend" who is in the grammar/spelling business and that friend told me  you don't know the difference between prostrate and prostate.  Since prostrate means lying stretched out on the ground with your face downward, there is no such thing as a "prostrate" exam.  The prostate gland is the one for which a regular exam is necessary.

Of course, you could always go back to the original post and change the spelling and then tell everyone that I lied- that's why I took a picture of the post.