District 12-3A D1 Predictions

Where should we move to oldschool2 ?? What's this big seperation, between us and the rest of the big old state of Texas you're talking about?? Offense, defense, coaching, athletes?? Clue us in??

Funny you ask. Let's see..

Carthage, Tatum, Glimer, Rusk, Mart, East Bernard, Teague, Franklin, Austin Suburb schools, Katy Suburb schools, most centex schools, most west texas schools, Albany, most panhandle schools, Dallas suburb schools...pretty much ANYWHERE.. Go on a field trip. Please.

There is not one single school east of hwy45 and south of hwy7 that's not considered a joke as far as facilities or school operations. Accept Barbers Hill. And there are 2A and 3A schools as nice as Barbers Hill.

It can be fixed tho. But school board members and community people say "that's how we did it when I was in school"

I would not have let my kids be educated here.

Guest ECBucFan

I will continue to be negative about setx until you get on the same level as the rest of the state.

Worthless agitator.

What I don't get is WHY? Why are you OBSESSED with SETX? 

You make a fool of yourself.

Worthless agitator.

What I don't get is WHY? Why are you OBSESSED with SETX?

You make a fool of yourself.

I live in this area because of work. I'm a fan of high school sports. I've been in many parts of the state and have seen it done better. You guys think you're doing it good enough because you don't know. I'm just trying to bring some truth.

I will say this. EC is at least trying. Nice gym, indoor (even tho it's a gym)... That's good stuff. It will give you an advantage. But more needs to be done.

I live in this area because of work. I'm a fan of high school sports. I've been in many parts of the state and have seen it done better. You guys think you're doing it good enough because you don't know. I'm just trying to bring some truth.

I will say this. EC is at least trying. Nice gym, indoor (even tho it's a gym)... That's good stuff. It will give you an advantage. But more needs to be done.

always bringing truth. What a stand up guy. Thanks man

Carthage, Tatum, Glimer, Rusk, Mart, East Bernard, Teague, Franklin, Austin Suburb schools, Katy Suburb schools, most centex schools, most west texas schools, Albany, most panhandle schools, Dallas suburb schools...pretty much ANYWHERE.. Go on a field trip. Please.

There is not one single school east of hwy45 and south of hwy7 that's not considered a joke as far as facilities or school operations. Accept Barbers Hill. And there are 2A and 3A schools as nice as Barbers Hill.

It can be fixed tho. But school board members and community people say "that's how we did it when I was in school"

your starting to sound like charlies browns teacher to me!!

where do you work?

its not that we cant handle it....its more like we don't want it!

I'm an engineer for a company that deals in the sales of offshore oil equipment. Mostly sales is what the actual company does. ... That's all I'm saying.

So you don't want facilities that will bring families and kids. Or coaches...or teachers that will put your kids in the best position to be competitive in life or college. Or state of the art technologies that will put your kids on a level playing field with the kids at Kingwood or Plano?

Where do you work? McDonalds?

I work for the company you sell your equipment to

I don't personally sell the equipment. We have people that do that.

But if you work for a kind of company we deal with...you make enough money to make a difference. Vote for a bond to improve the situation at your school. What's $20 per 100k gonna matter.

Or..vote for some board members that know how to stretch the money your school has. That's a big part of it. Your school probably has 3mil+ in it's fund balance.

Spend it!!

I definitely wouldn't say we are terrible compared to ALL other parts of the state. Fort Worth ISD, deep West Texas, and along the Mexican border are absolutely awful lol but you're right when it comes to Dallas suburbs, Katy, Austin suburbs, etc. I don't agree that we're the worst area in the state at all. But we are far from the best.

I definitely wouldn't say we are terrible compared to ALL other parts of the state. Fort Worth ISD, deep West Texas, and along the Mexican border are absolutely awful lol but you're right when it comes to Dallas suburbs, Katy, Austin suburbs, etc. I don't agree that we're the worst area in the state at all. But we are far from the best.

Fort Worth ISD maybe...but not suburbs. Aledo, Brock, Roanoke, Trophy Club, argyle, Denton...

Yeah you're right about border towns. By the way...direct correlation between these schools and success. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Deep West Tx, border and south Tx, SeTx....that's pretty much crappiest schools in the state. And also least amount of success....hmm...now that's interesting.

Fort Worth ISD maybe...but not suburbs. Aledo, Brock, Roanoke, Trophy Club, argyle, Denton...

Yeah you're right about border towns. By the way...direct correlation between these schools and success. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Deep West Tx, border and south Tx, SeTx....that's pretty much crappiest schools in the state. And also least amount of success....hmm...now that's interesting.

I have personally had the displeasure to see multiple schools in West Texas and along the border. SETX is absolutely, without a doubt, a better place to send your kids to school lol Personally, I would NEVER put my kids in HISD, DISD, or SAISD. Waaaay too much over-population. From a school aspect, some of these smaller big schools (Ned, PNG, Barbers Hill) are the way to go. BISD is a joke though. But from a football aspect, you're completely correct. Any one of those is a better option than this area. And it's definitely not due to a lack of talent.

What do u know about school finance and what it takes these days to run a district in the state of Texas...I can tell I do know and you make some very uninformed statements Sir! Just as you have in the past. You get on here and make factual type statements when it's just a poorly thought out opinion. If you want to have a debate than bring it...as far as the statement of education in SETX, well thats just another opinion. I know a multitude of fine educators in this area and many districts that do a great job with educating our children; yes there are always a few that struggle but no more than other parts of the state.